Countryside Farmhouse near El Escobal village, Asturias - Very Peaceful but close to Amenities and half an hour from Several Beaches and the Mountains
The house is large by local standards and old but recently modernised. Apart from the house itself the best attributes are its immediate rural location, yet 5 mins walk to a bar and close to all amenities, and its geographical location, several beautiful beaches and the Picos de Europa mountains within a half hour drive.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect location between the sea and the Picos
About the Owner
About peter smith
I live most of the year in this beautiful house but spend the summers and Christmas with friends and family in England. I would like to give the opportunity to appropriate guests to enjoy it as much as I do and help with the cost of maintaining the finca. I have travelled widely and never found a location so beautiful yet so nearby.
(1 traveller reviews)
Perfect location between the sea and the Picos
We stayed for a week in August. The house is perfectly located between the sea and the Picos mountains.Only about 20 minutes drive to either. The Cares Gorge is wonderful and easily reached. ( Do remember to book your taxi back from Cain, unless you want to walk both ways! )The beaches were beautiful and not really crowded considering it was August. The house was very well equipped from good knives to some very tasty paprika and even a printer for our bus tickets! A neighbour looks out for the property in the owner's absence and was very helpful. The bar at the end of the road is very rustic but delightful. All the bedrooms were very pleasant and the garden was wonderful and peaceful. We would have liked to spend longer at the house but there was SO much to do! We loved it!
Activity and Interests
There are many fabulous beaches nearby including a huge and stunning (voluntary) naturist beach with outdoor restaurant which is a 20 min drive followed by a 20 min walk. There are several family friendly beaches within a half hour drive all with amenities, the adventurous might be lucky enough to stumble across a little known hidden beach.
The nearest airports are at Aviles and Santander, which also has a ferry port, both a little over an hour and a half by car. Bilbao is about 3 hours. Use of a car is essential.
There are several local villages but the most traveller friendly is Benia de Onis, about 5 km, which has several good restaurants, shops, banks and a big hotel with public pools and spa and disco. Posada, the nearest town is 14 km. Cangas de Onis is 22km as is Llanes. Arenas de Cabrales is about 16km.
There are places of interest everywhere, from Bulnes village that can only be reached by foot or a teleferique inside a mountain to massive caves with stalactites and stone age paintings, even driving in the gorges and on the high roads is stunning. There is every kind of activity, mountain and rock climbing horse, and foot trekking, canoeing, caving and canyoning, quad bikes and all the usual stuff you can do on or under the sea.
- Booking Notes:
Deposit is 50% paid by bank transfer with the rest paid before occupation. Cards are not acceptable.
The holidays here split the month into weeks from around the first of the month, I can be slightly flexible however.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms, one large with a big shower, roll top iron bath. bidet, wc and basin, also a washing machine, the second, beside the main bedroom, has a shower, wc and basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with double beds, one with twin beds, one living room with double sofa bed, second living room with single sofa bed + an inflatable mattress.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: It is especially suited to children but with the river and potential tumbles down slopes, although there are no obvious dangers here, parents should be aware that in a rural environment, particularly on the beaches and in the mountains, children should be watched or at least warned. Outside: 1 hectare of pasture, on 3 levels, grazed in the spring by horses, surrounded by trees and with a river and a stream. There is a 'lawn' area in front with a fixed pub garden type table/benches combo, also a tiled patio with a teak table and 4 chairs, both have sunshades. BBQ. Utility Room: Firewood, boiler, garden equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, the property is cleaned and the linen changed between guests although for a long let or a fee it can be arranged during the visit. Other: There is a storage room for lightbulbs, toilet paper, mop, dustpan etc, etc.