House in Brigueil Le Chantre, Nr. Montmorillon, Poitou-Charente, France - Beautiful Countryside With Plenty To See And Do
This charming house with extensive garden is ideal for a family break. Two sitting rooms and 3 bedrooms (sleeps up to 8). Situated in the pretty village of Brigueil Le Chantre in the Vienne, Poitou Charente. The village has a well stocked shop with daily bread deliveries, minutes walk from the house. The area is full of things to do. The ancient medieval town of Montmorillon is 15 mins drive away, with more restaurants, bars, twice a week market, supermarkets, open air swimming and a summer packed with fun festivals such as its popular music festival. Other attractions include the water resort at Chaillac with swimming lake, beach, water slide and pedalos. There are many chateaux open to the public and ruins to see. The area is brilliant for walking & cycling. The house has an open fireplace, so how about an autumn visit to enjoy the wonderful colours of the Vienne?
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful Brigueil le Charente
About the Owner
My husband, daughter and I live in Wiltshire, England, with a dog, cat and 4 hens. We fell in love with the Poitou-Charente while on holiday there and were lucky enough to be able to buy this lovely house. We just wish we could spend more time there! Living in beautiful countryside and a lovely village in England meant that this was important to us in our French home and certainly the countryside of the Vienne and the village of Brigueil Le Chantre are everything we hoped for! We hope you love it too!
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We truly enjoyed staying in your wonderful house in Brigueil'
'The village is a real gem -very quiet and picturesque'
'The garden was a great asset'
'House is great, we love it here and are taking squatter's rights!'
'We had a lovely holiday thank you. The weather was good and we found plenty to do in the surrounding area. Your house was well equipped.'
1 holidaymaker review
Beautiful Brigueil le Charente
Very quiet area for the time of year. Peaceful - which we appreciated. Not far from Poitier (for Futuroscope) and Limoges. Montmorillon is a historic, pretty town. We cycled all over with our 8 year old son. French drivers are brilliant and we had no problems with the drivers that we do have at home. I have been to all four corners of France but this place was a very nice surprise. Would like to go back to visit all of the places we missed. The property is rustic but well equipped. Choking back the tears as we had to leave.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the Poitou-Charente when staying with a friend and decided we had to have a house here too! While house-hunting we covered the whole area, and came upon the Vienne in the autumn. It was so beautiful and then we found this wonderful house - deal done! We love the beautiful countryside, the "French-ness" of the house and the whole wonderful laid back lifestyle. The pace of life seems much slower, and not just because we're on holiday. I dream of upping and moving here permanently!”
Activity and Interests
About 20 mins drive away is a lovely lake & water resort at Chaillac with pedalos, boats, beach, swimming, slides etc. Open air centre with river swimming at Lathus, 15 mins away. 2.5 hours to La Rochelle and the coast. Ideal for a day trip to the beach. Don't forget to visit Ile d'Oleron and Ile de Re for beaches too - just off the coast from La Rochelle.
The nearest airports are Limoges and Poitiers each approximately an hour's drive. About 5 hours drive from Le Havre and 6 hours from Calais. About 4 hours from Paris. Car hire or use of a car is recommended.
20 mins to Montmorillon, the nearest town with supermarket, bars, restaurants, museums etc. Distances to other pretty villages vary. Chateaux from 15 mins to 1 hour away. Futuroscope 1 hour away in Poitiers. Vineyards and wineries 1.5 hours away in the Haut Poitou. Water resort at Chaillac about 15 mins away. This is just a sample of some of the local attractions, which also include a reptile park, Roman ruins, St Savin Abbey, equestrian centre etc all within 30 mins drive.
In the village are: A shop 3 mins walk with all the basics, including food, wine, vegetables, household essentials, a daily bread delivery, and a fresh fish market once or twice a week. Hairdresser also 3 mins walk. Health / medical centre with doctor and dispensing chemist, 4 mins walk. There is a Spar mini supermarket open for extended hours 8km away.
Please look at the following website for information on the immediate area: http://www.discover-poitou-charentes.com/what-to-see/Beautiful-villages/montmorillon-the-city-of-books/what-to-do-in-and-near-montmorillon.htm
The supermarkets of Montmorillon are 20 mins away. There is a market 2 x a week in Montmorillon on Weds & Sat, with fresh fish, meat, veg, etc. Montmorillon also has patisseries, boulangeries, banks, pharmacies, hospital, tourist information, museums including the Cite de l'Ecrit (Museum of Writing).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£95|
To book, please contact David or Kate on the numbers provided.
Preferred changeover day is Saturday, but flexibility is available particularly out of high season (July/August).
Special discount available for long lets Nov to Mar. Please enquire about part week availability or changovers other than Saturday - we'd like to be accommodating if possible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“I love almost everything about the house - from the village, to parking right outside the door. I love stepping inside the cool hall on a hot summer's day. I love sitting out in the garden in summer and on the warm summer evenings, with the kitchen and living room so easily accessible. I particularly love the fireplace in early spring, autumn or winter - cosy!”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Music Library
- Television ...
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- WC & basin ensuite to bedroom 1. Main family bathroom (1st floor), very spacious with bath, basin, WC and separate powerful shower. All towels plus a change are provided.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (ground floor) with double bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 (1st floor) with double bed and views over the garden. Bedroom 3 (1st floor) with 2 x bunk beds, sleeps 4. All rooms are prettily decorated. Bed linen plus a change is provided.
- Notes on accommodation: A spacious hall way with coat hooks, bench, bookshelves, cupboard. Here we keep all spare bed linen, the iron and vacuum cleaner. The bookshelves are stocked with books and games for you to enjoy, along with information on activities and attractions in the area. There is central heating as well as the open fireplace. The house is deliciously cool in summer - a good thing in an area which boasts the 2nd best climate in France! With 2 x bunk beds, a cot and a high chair, we are well equipped for children who will also love exploring the extensive garden and the very safe village. Outside: Extensive garden with bbq and plenty of garden furniture to relax in! There is a 6 seater dining table with parasol and 4 comfy loungers. There is very easy access from the garden into both the living room and the kitchen which makes it ideal for outdoor living! When we are here in summer we spend our evenings outside eating and enjoying the quiet! We are well equipped with candles too! We also have an easy set up pool for the garden. Utility Room: There is no utility room, but washing machine, iron, ironing board and clothes horse are provided. There is also a washing line outside, and a covered area outside the kitchen. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned after every visit, but should you require cleaning during your stay, this can be arranged between you and the cleaners.