Villa in Sedella, Costa del Sol (Inland), Spain - Tranquil Spot With Private Pool But Close To Unspoilt White Villages
Perched above a secluded valley in the magnificent Sierra de Tejeda, facing the highest peak and with views to the west of the beautiful Torcal mountains, Casa Sonrisa also enjoys sea views. Situated between two of the famous white villages, the house is reached by a track about 2 minutes' drive from the main road. It is an exceptionally quiet spot, with few near neighbours. On a clear day you can see the Rif mountains of Morocco rising beyond the sea. At night you can see the twinkling lights of distant villages. The nearby village of Canillas de Aceituno offers shops, restaurants and bars. The white villages were amongst the last under Moorish occupation and there are many delightful remnants of their Islamic heritage. This is great walking country with superb views wherever you go. There are scenic drives offering the opportunity to visit delightful white villages with steep narrow streets decorated with flowers, vines and jasmine.
Top Traveller Review
Tranquil setting lovely villa.
Maggie and Cliff
About the Owner
We are retired teachers with two grown up children, who live in England, but enjoy the mountains and sunshine and love coming to our house in Spain which we built nine years ago.We treat the house as our home so it is comfortable and very well equipped, having all we need for long stays of up to 6 weeks.
We spend our time in Spain keeping the house in good order as well as entertaining friends, walking on the numerous footpaths,star gazing and swimming in our generous deep pool surrounded by fabulous views.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What an amazing place, we had a great relaxing week and felt recharged and ready to face the world again. We couldn't think of a more romantic place to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We hope to return soon. The Woodford's, June 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 weeks in your lovely villa, and will never tire of the magnificent views or the peace! Have been to many properties in this area and this is a gem! The Masters , August 2012
You have a very special, comfortable place here and we have enjoyed feeling very at home . Many thanks for generally making the house so comfortable. Thanks also for the fabulous guides and books on Spain and Andalusia . The Greens August 2012
Thankyou for a perfect holiday, we will recommend this house to our friends . Sept 2012
This is the 4th villa in as many years in Spain that we've stayed in - but this is the one we'll come back to- just perfect. Many thanks to Michelle, she gave us such a warm welcome! The Drivers , Sept, 2012 .
5 based on 13 holidaymaker reviews
Tranquil setting lovely villa.
A very comfortable villa, thoughtfully laid out to take advantage of the spectacular scenery. Several places to sit in the sun or shade, whichever your choice. Well equipped, comfy beds, and clean pool. Owners very helpful with information before and during booking, a pleasure to deal with. A fantastic location if you want to experience the real Spain in a remote area. Lovely to watch the goats going by each day. We will be going back!
Relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings
A beautiful well equipped house located in peaceful and scenic surroundings with fantastic views of the La Maroma Mountain. The house felt homely and welcoming and the pool was a delight to return to after a day exploring the local villages or taking a walk in the hills.
Sitting by the pool watching the fantastic sunsets will remain one of the delightful memories of holidaying at Casa Sonrisa.
Maggie gave us lots of information before and after we booked and made the whole process very easy. Michelle was very welcoming and helpful on our arrival.
We had the most relaxing holiday at Sonrisa and hopefully we will return again soon.
Beautifully situated villa
We found Casa Sonrisa to be very nicely maintained, tastefully presented and well equipped. Its situation was perfect for us as it was remote but easily accessible by car along a well maintained track. The views from the pool over to La Maroma mountain were stunning. This villa is perfect for a relaxing peaceful holiday.
The best villa we have stayed in and we have stayed in a few. This villa has everything you could need and more, is clean and well maintained. Maggie is very friendly and quick to respond to questions. Michelle who meets and greets you is really lovely and nothing is too much trouble. We would go back to this villa again without a doubt.....highly recommended.
Words can't describe the beauty of the position of this gorgeous villa...breathtaking comes close! We (a family with 3 young adults along with us oldies) had an absolutely amazing holiday at Casa Sonrisa. The mountain road to the villa is a little hairy for those who aren't good with heights but it's worth every kilometer. Sedella itself is a very small place but the locals are friendly, and the white washed streets are pretty, although not far from the action of the coast; we ventured to Nerja & Benalmedena for a dolphin cruise, both in easy reach but much preferred the peace & tranquility of the villa.
From the point of booking to arriving back home, Maggie and Cliff were lovely to deal with and very helpful (as was Michelle, who is so friendly!). All in all we had a fabulous stay at Casa Sonrisa and didn't want to leave! Would highly recommend to anyone wanting the 'real Spain' experience in an area of outstanding natural beauty...simply wonderful! Thank you Maggie & Cliff for the loan of your stunning place. The Davis's from Hull, UK.
Perfect peace and quiet
Quite possibly the most relaxing house we have stayed in on our many visits to Andalucia. Perfect place to enjoy the sights sounds and smells of the early summer. Once there we didn't travel far - we found all we needed in the 2 local villages and enjoyed short walks into the nearby national park. We wanted for nothing in the house and when we needed to catch up with the rest of the world the Internet was first class.
From the Owner
“We bought a plot of land fourteen years ago after visiting friends in this area several times. We love the spectacular scenery , the friendly Spanish villagers and the peace and tranquility. We can get to the coast in half an hour but can see the sea from our house. The villages are unspoilt and the whole area rural but not too remote-the goats pass the house daily on their way to pasture . The journey from the airport takes only an hour and a quarter but there is also an opportunity to stop and stock up at the hypermarket en route. We have an excellent network of support here to help look after the house and our clients .”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is at Torre del Mar, a typically Spanish resort – a drive of about 30 min. Nerja, with its lovely bay and nearby caves, is less than an hour's drive.
Malaga airport is about an hour and a quarters drive away.Car hire is essential. For a small fee you can order some shopping to be at the villa for you if you arrive after the shops have closed. The last 18 kilometres on the mountain road is twisty and slow so it is best to arrive for the first time in day light.
The nearest villages are Sedella 5 minutes drive and Canillas de Aceituno and Salares both 15 minutes drive from the villa . Both have shops, bars and restaurants. There is a very large shopping centre with a hypermarket as well as a variety of other supermarkets at Velez Malaga, about 25 minutes drive. Malaga city, about an hour's drive away, has a thriving night-life, ancient monuments and museums, including the famous Picasso Museum.
The beautiful city of Granada can be visited for a day.
This part of Spain can enjoy good weather virtually all year round. However, in the mountains, the winter months are cooler, wetter and less predictable. Spring and Autumn are excellent times of year for walkers. The villa is centrally heated and the cost is included in the price. There is literature available on walks, scenic drives and restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 27 May 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
28 May 2017 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
10 Sep 2017 - 28 Oct 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We prefer Saturday to Saturday, especially in peak season, but can be flexible and will always try to accommodate you if we can. Arrival times are after 4pm and before 7pm local time and departure by 10am local time, except by prior arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week, based on up to 4 people sharing, with a supplement of £30 per week (or part of) per extra person.
A non refundable deposit is due when booking the house. The balance plus a refundable breakages deposit is due 6 weeks before departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We benefit from the privacy of our situation, although we are less than 10 minutes from the village os Sedella by car, 30 minutes walking. Our excellent private pool being 9 metres long , is deep enoughthroughout for swimming. We have a reliable English lady who lives locally and meets clients, looks after the pool and is available throughout their stay in case of an emergency. There is a large all weather permanent covered area which offers shade for most of the day but a westerly aspect to watch amazing sunsets . Internally, every bedroom has its own built in wardrobe and shower room . The living space is very sociable being L shaped with the kitchen area , dining area and comfortable seating all open plan. The view from the kitchen window overlooks the sea.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 bathrooms - sockets for shavers, hairdryers. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1- 2 mirrors, shower, WC, bidet and 2 basins. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2- mirror, shower, WC and basin. Family bathroom - mirror, full bath & overhead shower, WC and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed, wardrobe, bedside lamps and en-suite shower room with 2 sinks . Bedoom 2 with double bed, wardrobe, bedside lamps and en -suite shower room. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds, wardrobe, bedside lamps , next to family bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The area is exceptionally quiet and enjoys beautiful sunsets. The village goats pass by below the house daily on their way to graze. The villa was built 9 years ago and is very well equipped There is a selection of maps, guides and reading material at the villa as well as DVD's , CD's and games. English TV and wireless broadband enable you to stay in touch from the peaceful surroundings. From Malaga airport the route passes the hypermarket EROSKI which is 30 minutes from Sedella. With 2 fridges and a freezer in the villa, its easy to shop for a week on arrival, depending on the time of day. Guests are met by Michelle, who lives in Sedella. She gives a guided tour of the villa and is available to answer questions. She is on call in case of emergency. Outside: The main terrace is shady even at the hottest time of year and is provided with plenty of comfortable seating. There are 2 outdoor dining areas. On the lower terrace is a small garden alongside the private pool (9 x 4m - depth 1.20m - 1.70m) which looks out over the mountains. A pool-side sun-bathing area is provided with a shower and loungers . There is a gas BBQ located in a permanent position on the terrace as well as an electric griddle which can be used outdoors. Plenty of parking space is provided. Utility Room: Has a washing machine, fridge freezer and a sink for laundry and worktop for storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels, except beach towels, are provided. The property is thoroughly cleaned before arrival. Linen and towels can be changed weekly. Further cleaning can be arranged on request. Other: Store room with ironing board and iron, cool box, vacuum cleaner. Wireless broadband is available. Cushions for outdoor furniture are stored here together with fans for each room.