Cottage in Monzone, Nr. Fivizzano, Massa Carrara Province, Tuscany, Italy - Spectacular Mountain Views and Serene Tranquility
A beautifully renovated traditional village cottage set in its own grounds of several acres, which includes a vineyard, olive trees and a variety of fruit trees the property enjoys spectacular, uninterrupted views over surrounding hillsides and villages. With its own large private pool there are a number of terraces for outside dining. Three very pretty double bedrooms each with spectacular views. There is a fully fitted kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and fridge freezer. There is a spacious separate dining room which has French doors opening onto a pretty terrace and the comfortable lounge has a TV, DVD, CD and radio.
Top Traveller Review
Charming villa in a stunning location
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Beautiful house,lovely location-we had a wonderful relaxing vacation'
'By far the best holiday cottage we have stayed in -we hope to return soon'
'What a beautiful place- we have loved our time here and hope to come back soon'
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Charming villa in a stunning location
We have just arrived back from this beautiful villa where we had a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday. It is set in the valley looking out onto the most majestic mountains I have ever seen. The scenery is simply stunning. The house is charming and the pool is kept spotlessly clean. Our 3 boys swam every single day and loved it. Perfect location to explore the Cinque Terre, Viareggio and Modena amongst others. The local restaurant Da Remo in Monzone is a must and the antipasti is amazing!
The perfect haven in a stunning location!
It took us a while to come down to earth after a most wonderful 4 weeks in this beautiful house.Our special holiday was so perfect and exceeded all our expectations, thanks to being able to stay in a fabulous location and more importantly, such a comfortable and lovely home. We feel very privileged to have stayed at Casa Crescino, set in the most stunning location, with fantastic wildlife, fabulous pool and breathtaking views from every window! Every home comfort has been thought about, which meant it is more than just a base and it was so lovely spend time there on our less adventurous days. Just minutes from Monzone, with excellent train links, the location is ideal for exploring everything from the fabulous coastline of Cinque Terre, to the Tuscan hills and Lucca.. The most perfect place to relax and unwind - we cannot wait to return!
Our family of five enjoyed an extremely peaceful and relaxing holiday at the wonderful Casa Crescino.
The location is superb, and villa is beautiful. It's the perfect place to unwind, and to enjoy fantastic scenery from the extensive grounds of the villa, and the extremely clean and well maintained pool.
All we hoped it would be
Casa Crescino was home from home for us in that it was comfortable and well equipped as well as being immaculate. However it couldn't have been more different from home in its fabulous setting! It was so idyllic in such a beautiful mountain valley with lovely hilltop villages, church bells prettily chiming throughout the day, noisy crickets, unfamiliar (to us) and fascinating flora and fauna, the working farm on the slopes below the cottage - and the life saver of a pool. The weather was very hot while we were there, but made bearable by the good sized, beautifully clean pool. It was the perfect base to experience real Italy, tasting the food and getting by with pigeon Italian, travelling easily by train from Monzone and somewhat scarily at times by car on the narrow twisty roads. Claudia and Angelo were so helpful and efficient: not a bad word to say about any of our time there! An idyllic holiday.
This was our 4th stay and as perfect as the first. We returned to celebrate a family birthday and very quickly settled into the relaxed atmosphere and tranquility. Everything is so easy here as they've got everything you could want or need...including a variety of terraces and garden seating, the fabulous pool and the new decking area on the gazebo...what better setting to bring the family together...a bonus too that 2 of the bedrooms are on suite and the 3rd has a bathroom next door so we all effectively had our own facilities. If you are after party central this is not the place for you, but if you are seeking high standard facilities a beautiful setting and a base to explore this part of Italy it is hard to beat. We weren't surprised to see in their visitors book the number of repeat bookings.
Stayed at this beautiful cottage for a week with family, absolutely wonderful.
The most amazing views across the valley to medieval hilltop villages, as we sat outside in the early morning sunshine all we could hear were the bells on the goats across the valley.
Stunning infinity pool, spotlessly clean, wonderful local shops in nearby village, all the facilities we could wish for and then some.
The essence of Tuscany, would recommend to both couples and families.
John Plus Family.
Activity and Interests
The nearest airports are Pisa and Genova which are 1hrs and 15 minutes drive to the property. As this property is in a rural location use of a car is essential.
Monzone is 4kms away and has restaurants, and various smaller shops. larger shops and tennis courts can be found in Aulla which is 15km. Fivizzano is 12km. The cottage is near the spa town of Equi Terme, while Pisa and Genova and Lucca are 1hr and 15 minutes drive away. The beautiful Cinque Terre coastline (45 minutes drive) are within easy reach for interesting day trips. There is a local train service from Monzone or Aulla.
The little known region of Tuscany which borders onto Liguria is the Lunigiana, known for the beauty of its mountains and old fashioned pace of life. Extending from the Apennines to the mouth of the Magra river, the Lunigiana is rich in medieval history: castles, Romanesque churches and ancient villages of extraordinary beauty dot the landscape. The property is set in a quiet hillside location between the villages of Monzone and Mezzana. Monzone has a range of local shops including a bakers, butchers and two small supermarkets. There are a number of good local restaurants in both villages and in the nearby town of Equi Terme.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
We ask for a deposit of 20% to book and full payment is needed 6 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings can be made via phone/email and booking forms and contract will be sent to you as a hard copy for your records. Unfortunately deposits are non-refundable and we regret that cancellations made after the final payment has been made cannot be refunded. A refundable security deposit of £150 for potential breakages (excluding the odd cup or plate) is payable with the final balance.
Changeover day - Saturday. Arrival time from 4pm and departure before 10am.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with large shower, wash hand basin and WC. En-suite to bedroom 2 with lovely big corner bath, wash hand basin and WC. Adjacent bathroom to bedroom 3 with shower, wash hand basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Travel cot available Traditional chestnut beamed ceilings with terracotta floors and some exposed stonework.
- Notes on accommodation: Please note note smoking is not allowed inside the cottage and regret no pets are permitted. Outside: Set in its own grounds of several acres, which includes a vineyard, olive trees and a variety of fruit trees the property enjoys spectacular, uninterupted views over surrounding hillsides and villages. The beautiful gardens provide a wonderful haven in which to relax and enjoy the stunning views. There are a number of terraces for outside dining - a shaded area by the pool, a large dining table and chairs on one of the terraces and two small pretty table s and chairs to catch every drop of sun! The property has its own wonderful swimming pool (12x8m) with breathtaking views along the valley. Sun loungers and parasols are provided together with a barbecue. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer and separate sink for hand washing. Clothes airer, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bed linen are included together with beach towels for pool use. Linen changed once a week. Maid service included is 4 hours on changeover day and 2 hours mid week. Other: Spacious dining room, large chestnut dining table and chairs, French doors which open onto terrace. Traditional chestnut beamed ceiling, terracotta floor and some exposed stonework.