Country House in Liphook, Hampshire - Perfect location on the edge of the South Downs National Park for all country pursuits
Located on the edge of the South Downs National Park, this property is perfect for those who may wish to jog, walk, mountain bike, swim, golf or just relax. It is set in idyllic surroundings yet within easy access of many local attractions for adults and children.
Top Traveller Review
gteat family holiday
About the Owner
About nigel standish
Nigel and Rebecca Standish are a professional couple who live a few miles from the property. They have been living in the area for more than ten years and therefore they are ideal in assisting you get the most from your stay and ensuring that any special requirements you may have can be fulfilled.
(7 traveller reviews)
Fabulous house for a hen do.
We absolutely loved our stay at Sweet Briar Farm for my friend's hen do. The house totally blew us away-what an amazing place for a party! The open-plan kitchen, dining room, conservatory area was perfect for a large group and the swimming pool and sauna were such a brilliant bonus. Nigel was really helpful and responsive to queries by email and the whole experience of booking, getting the keys, being shown around the house was laid back and trouble free. Decor upstairs is perhaps a little tired as mentioned in other reviews but overall we couldn't recommend it enough for a hen do or large get together for friends/family.
gteat family holiday
We have just returned for a second time from sweetbriar. We are a family of 16 holidaying together ranging in ages from 3 to 84 and had a fantastic time. Plenty of reception rooms to spread out in, lovely garden room, well equipped kitchen and great pool. Kids loved the stereo system to pool and we made good use of the tennis court. House may now be a bit tired on the decorating front but with young children this suited us. Owner very helpful and we are now contemplating returning again next year.
Booked the house for a family holiday My party totalled 10 people of mixed ages. My dealing with the owner (Nigel) was professional Friendly and efficient. The house met all our expectations well equipped, clean and spacious. The pool & sauna was a big hit as was the ability to play music from the lounge to speakers in the pool room (via CD or I pod). Outside grounds were large and well kept. The Fenced Tennis Court was a nice addition (take your own balls)
An excellent choice for a small informal family reception following a registry office wedding. The house definitely had the 'WOW' factor, & was clean & well equipped with ample space for everyone. Likewise the grounds, & especially the pool, meant kids & adults alike were kept amused. All dealings with Nigel were friendly & efficient & I would not hesistate in recommending. We will look back on our wedding day with very fond memories!
My friends and I (17 in total) recently stayed at Sweetbriar for my hen party. We could not fault the house. It was clean and well equipped. The swimming pool was fabulous and we were able to play music through the house sound system which added to the fun. The rooms are spacious and grounds beautiful. We all mentioned that it would be a fab place to go back to with our families.
golden wedding celebration
A great location and an excellent house for a family get together, we found the accommodation comfortable and spacious the equipment first class and the swimming pool was definitely a great success with all the family.
Activity and Interests
Heathrow, Gatwick and Southampton airports are all approximately 45 minutes.
Liphook Station 2 miles
Haslemere Station 6 miles
Portsmouth 20 miles
Please see owners website (link below) for all locations and places of interest.
Liphook is a thriving village which has a large supermarket, other shops and banks and a selection of restaurants and pubs.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Christmas and New Year
24 Dec 2017 - 4 Jan 2018
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings should be requested by contacting the owner. The owner will send the client a copy of the reservation terms and conditions which should be returned with an initial deposit payment of 33% of the total amount of the booking (unless it is less than 12 weeks prior to arrival in which case full payment should be made).
A cautionary deposit of £500 is required in cleared funds a minimum of 1 week prior to arrival date. This is refunded within 14 days of departure as per terms and conditions.
Normally guests can arrive from 4pm and should leave by 10am on the day of departure however on some occasions an early check in / late check out may be available upon request.
Notes on prices:
Our standard rate for a weekend is £1000 per night [minimum 2 nights] with additional nights at £250. IE Arrival Friday departure Sunday is £2000 whereas arrival Friday departure Monday is £2250.
Midweek stays are negotiable and please contact the owner.
Christmas, New Year and Bank Holidays may vary and please contact us for minimum stay and rates.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Master ensuite complete with double basin, roll top bath, separate shower and wc. Ensuite complete with shower, bath, wc and basin Family Bathroom complete with separate shower, bath, wc and basin. All have heated towel rails/radiators.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom with Superking size bed & luxury ensuite. Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed and ensuite Bedroom 3: Double Bedroom 4,5 : Twin Bedroom 6 : 2 x Bunks (top bunks best suited for children) Annexe : double and single in open plan room
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There is central heating throughout the property and oil filled radiators within the annexe. The property itself has very spacious living areas and a superb indoor pool and sauna. The grounds are private including a tennis court and also adjacent to the thousands of acres of the South Downs National Park. Within a five minute walk there is also a 16th Century fabulous country pub which will always extend a warm welcome to guests staying at Sweetbriar. Outside: Outside there are patios and terraces with seating for guests to dine al fresco and gardens which are mainly laid to lawn and suitable for guests to play games if they so wish in addition to the hard tennis court. Utility Room: Utility room includes a cloakroom. WC, Basin plus washing machine and tumble drier. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linen are provided for the bedrooms and bathrooms but guests should bring their own towels for use in the pool and sauna area. Other: There is a conservatory/family room which is open plan leading from the kitchen where there is a dining table to accommodate all 16 guests. There are sofas and chairs and double doors that lead onto a sun terrace where there are outside dining tables.