Penthouse Apartment in Polis, near Laatchi, Cyprus - Panoramic Vista, Large Dining Balcony Overlooking Pool Area, Walking Distance From Polis Centre
A luxury 3 bedroom penthouse apartment with unrivalled views over the Mediterranean Sea and the Akamas Peninsula. Fully furnished and fitted to a very high standard, this apartment is set in Polis Gardens, a greatly admired development in the heart of the historic town of Polis. The property is generally regarded to be the best in this well designed complex. The apartment is blessed with very generous balcony areas where you can enjoy al fresco dining, barbecues or just sit and gaze at the night sky. There is a shaded pergola area to protect against the midday sun and magnificent views of the pool below. The apartment has three bedrooms and sleeps 6 comfortably. The living room faces south and opens onto balcony areas along its entire length. This gives a very light and airy feeling of relaxed living. With air conditioning, television, Sky, iPod dock and DVD player provided, all the ingredients for a relaxing holiday are there. Within the complex, the resident has full access to three swimming pools, poolside sunbeds and umbrellas, sauna and Jacuzzi and a fully equipped gym. The poolside is surrounded by beautiful planting and is never overcrowded. Local shops and a supermarket are only a 5 minute stroll away and the spectacular Polis town centre with its collection of varied restaurants is less than a 10 minute walk.
About the Owner
My husband David and I live and work in Scotland. We discovered the delights of Cyprus 8 years ago when a friend invited us to stay at his apartment and introduced us to the golf courses!
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We spent a wonderful week in April exploring Polis, taking in the delights of the Akamas Peninsula, with all the many amazing sights, sports and wonderful restaurants dotted throughout the area. The apartment was extremely spacious and well equipped with everything we needed. It has great sea and mountain views from large balconies where leisurely meals were enjoyed. It is in a superb location, close to all amenities, with 3 beautiful swimming pools, a sauna and hot tub which we used daily' Alan, St Andrews April 09
'My first visit to Cyprus was a memorable and enjoyable experience. The apartment was very comfortable and well equipped a real home from home. The beautifully aspected balcony was so pleasant that we lunched there most days as the mountain views were so spectacular. Walking in the Akamas mountains was the high point' Jackie, Dublin, March 09
'One word - fantastic!' Gemmell, July 2010
From the Owner
“As soon as we saw Polis with its authentic Cypriot charm and relaxed cafe culture, we knew this was the place for us. We took a chance and bought the apartment off plan hoping we could visualise the amazing views the penthouse would offer. We have not been disappointed! In the morning, a 5 minute walk from the apartment takes you to the baker then across the road for an iced coffee. A 5 minute drive takes you to Polis beach where more often than not, you have the sea to yourself. Swimming in the Bay is the best de-stresser we know!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The village of Laatchi has a watersports centre with Scuba Diving equipment for hire. A range of boats and watersport activities is also available for hire.
Polis beach is a 15 minute walk from the apartment. It has a poolside taverna serving food and drinks all day and offers changing facilities. There is a newly constructed sea front walkway from Polis to Laatchi with its famous range of fresh sea food restaurants and authentic Cypriot tavernas. All watersport facilities (waterskiing, jetskis, small power and sailing boats) are available for hire in Laatchi.
In 2009, a completely new airport was opened in Paphos. It is (40 km) a 50 minute drive from Polis.
Car hire is advised and all the local car hire companies will either arrange pick up from Paphos Airport or organise for a car to be left for guests.
30km to Paphos. 4km to Laatchi. 20km to Agios Dimitrianos in the mountains where monasteries make wine. Aphrodite's Bath is less than 10km from Polis.
Polis centre has a range of banks, restaurants, pharmacies, coffee shops and a supermarket all within walking distance of the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Contact owner to check availability/rates.
Confirm booking, deposit required: 25% of total rental Cost. Full balance eight weeks prior to entry date.
Cost of electricity and air conditioning included.
We can accept payments by cheque or bank transfer in GBP or Euros.
Changeover day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. 10% discount for parties of 2 people. Discounts for lets of 3+ weeks.
25% of the total rental is due upon booking. The balance of the rental falls due 8 weeks prior to entry date
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Polis Gardens sits in a tranquil, beautifully managed garden site. It is peaceful but never dull. There is always someone to chat to at the poolside, the sauna or in the gym. It is within easy walking distance from the town square for a range of lively Cypriot tavernas and the occasional cocktail bar! For a change of scenery, the fish tavernas of Laatchi or beachfront restaurants in Argaka are a 5 minute drive away.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Master bedroom en suite with large shower, wc and marble top vanity unit. Family bathroom with bath, shower and wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Double Bedrooms - 1 master + 2 twin) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, private balcony, dressing area and ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with larger twin beds and family bathroom with bath and shower. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and shared family bath/shower room.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property has full air conditioning and the children's pool makes it very suitable and safe for families. The main pool is 100ft long and ideal for practicing lengths. There is an undercover dedicated parking space. Outside: Polis Gardens is in a beautifully maintained garden setting and boasts some all year round residents. There is a choice of 3 swimming pools in the complex and the gym is manned by a professional keep fit instructor. The shared pool for Apartment C308 is the largest on the complex and is ideal for guests wishing to complete early morning/evening lengths. The pool is cleaned daily. There are always plenty of sunbeds and parasols available for use and the poolside is never overcrowded. For further views and information see our website. Utility Room: Washing machine and drying racks located in off hall cupboards. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included in the price. The apartment is cleaned to a high standard for the arrival of each guest and there is a local contact should the need arise. Other: Private patio area with shaded pergola, solar powered lighting, 6 seater dining table, sun loungers and space to wander.