Villa in Ano Korakiana, Nr. Ipsos/Dassia, Corfu, Greece - Peaceful Location on Edge of Countryside Village
Pink House was built 12 years ago to the specifications of the owner. In its own grounds, the villa boasts three terraces and a pool. The interior of the Villa is light, fresh and stylish. The kitchen is very well equipped with utensils, crockery and cooking vessels. The king size bed in the main bedroom was brought over from England and is exceptionally comfortable and is dressed in quality bed linen. There are two 'walk in' showers in Pink House and both are very spacious.
This quiet location and beautiful setting is ideal for those who want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the resort. The property offers privacy and tranquility.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
My husband and I live in Durham, England. We both work full time, Terry is a Physics Teacher and and I am a Psychotherapist...strange combination but it works very well! My husband and I began the journey of creating Pink House in 2005. We had been coming to the island for many years and eventually decided that it was time to buy some land and build a house. Pink House actually turned out to be more than we ever dreamed it would be...it has evolved from a newly built house to a welcoming home that emits feelings of happiness and warmth. There is a very special feeling to Pink House and many people have felt it's calm, holistic theme and presence. We love it and we hope you will enjoy the peace and serenity when you visit.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have very much enjoyed our stay in the 'Pink House' - a delightful villa in a delightful village. This is the first time we have stayed in a village location and we absolutely loved it and have really enjoyed the peace and tranquility. Me, my Husband and my Mum have had a wonderful holiday in a gorgeous villa in a gorgeous village on a gorgeous island that is Corfu. Thank you, Julia, Justin and June.
This week has been totally peaceful and relaxing, that is due both to Corfu and the charm of this wonderful villa. The sights, sounds and smells are mesmerizing. As I sit and write I am surrounded by the sounds of birds, the trickle of water and the gentle chimes in the breeze. We have enjoyed the back terrace for breakfast and afternoon drinks and after hearing the eagles all week we finally spied them high over the mountain today. Thank you for opening your home and allowing us to sample the Corfiot way of life. We will return, Janine and Carl.
5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Pink House is a home away from home. It is absolutely beautiful. The surrounding views are just breath taking, amazing. Thank you Ali and Terry for opening up your beautiful home to us. We will definitely be back next year (or maybe sooner if I can get the time off work). X
A little piece of paradise!
We have recently returned from the most wonderful, relaxing holiday at 'Pink House'. Not only is the villa and it's surroundings absolutely stunning, the warm, calm and welcoming atmosphere ensures that you feel completely at home as soon as you step over the threshold. The interior of the villa is delightful, spotlessly clean, bright, light and airy, with many little charming personal touches and just the most comfortable bed ever experienced in our many years travelling to Greece! We spent many a chilled out afternoon watching the swallows dipping into the pool for a drink and we were so lucky to see a pair of Eagles soaring high above us calling to each other. Our stay at this beautiful property has been one of the best holidays we have ever had and we can't wait to return. Thank you Ali and Terry for allowing us to share your little piece of paradise. Frank and Jilly Kemp, Kent.
From the Owner
“We decided to build our house at Ano Korakiana as the countryside in this part of the island is so beautiful. The village is a traditional Corfiot village with a strong culture of orchestral music. It is famous for it's beautiful churches and wild life, particularly bird life. Eagles circle the sky from their home on the mountain, a truly amazing sight. Ano Korakiana is within easy access to all the main routes of the island yet remains tucked peacefully away from the crowds.”
Activity and Interests
7 minutes drive to beaches at Ipsos and Dassia and 15-20 minutes drive to the famous North East coast of Barbati and Nissaki and Kalami. 15 minutes to Paleokastritsa. Car is essential.
The airport at Corfu is the 'Airport Kapodistrias' in Corfu Town and the drive from Pink House is approximately 20-25 minutes. The channel ports are approximately 15 minutes by car. Car hire is essential for your stay at Pink House. A pick up and drop off service is available if requested.
The village of Kato Korakiana is approximately 3km from the villa (5 mins by car). 15 minutes to Corfu Town. Car is essential.
There are large supermarkets at Ipsos and Dassia and a small but good supermarket at Kato Korakiana opposite 'Select' Restaurant. There is also a small restaurant at San Marco. Ipsos and Dassia are plentiful when it comes to places to eat and shop. Banks are in Corfu Town and there are ATMs in Dassia and Ipsos.
Horse Riding Stables 'TrailRiders' are close to Ano Korakiana and provide morning and late afternoon strolls through the Olive Groves. The horses are magnificently healthy and mild natured and this is a very special experience.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
All prices are per week in pounds Sterling. Bookings accepted by email and telephone, secured on receipt of a non returnable 20% deposit payable by direct bank transfer or by Cheque. Balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival. We will send you driving instructions to Pink House, Nero Sermi, Ano Korakiana from the airport on receipt of balance.
The owners of Pink House are flexible for our clients regarding arrival/departure dates.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
20% deposit to confirm booking and balance due 6 weeks prior to departure to Pink House.Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer. Contact owners for details.... 0191 3722731
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Pink House is a private, gated property set back from the road and is completely and easily accessible.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- 65 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom comprising of a large shower area (1.25m x 1.2m) with marble seating. Bidet, wc and Wash basin. Single room en-suite, Shower area (1.1m x 0.75m). WC and Wash Basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/3 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Cotton covered wardrobes and cotton covered shelf units. 2 sets of drawers. Bedroom 2 with single bed. Cotton covered wardrobe and cotton covered shelf unit. Mosquito nets fitted in all double glazed windows and patio doors.
- Terrace ...
- Notes on accommodation: The one large air-conditioning unit, situated in the main living area, is adequate for the whole house. However, as the property receives a breeze from the nearby mountains, it is rarely utilised. With the windows open and the mosquito nets down it generally remains quite cool throughout. There are fans in each bedroom to circulate some air at night, if needed. Outside: Pink House swimming pool is 5 metres by 4 metres and set on a terrace that is favoured by the sunshine till late afternoon. An outside shower is available. Four sunbeds are placed around the pool and a marble table with garden chairs and sun umbrella are also on the pool terrace. A further table and four chairs with large umbrella are set under the Elderberry Tree closer to the house for a cooler seat by the pool. The back terrace is graced with a very comfortable hammock and net, perfect for relaxing to the sounds of the countryside and the tinkling of the wind chimes in the trees. Further along the back terrace is a small table and chair for sitting in tranquility and contemplation of the amazing view of the olive and Cyprus tree covered mountain that blesses Korakiana. Watch and listen for the eagles! Close by is the Fig Tree, Peach Tree and all around is the unbelievable beauty of this country region. The property is completely enclosed and private with high foliage/walls and gates Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property will be cleaned twice a week. Towels changed twice a week. Linen changed once a week(for one week stay). Linen changes 3 times for a 14 day stay. Pool maintenance 3 times per week.