Cottage in Helford, Helston, Cornwall, England, UK - Peaceful Suntrap, Own Quay And Beach. Mooring available.
Cottage is near Helford and has possibly the best views of the Helford River. It has been in the family for over 47 years. The accommodation, some of which was built using ships timbers, consists of a master double bedroom and 3 twin rooms, a living/dining room with open fire, kitchen, boot room with washing/drying machines, bathroom and 2 separate loos one of which has a shower. It has free wireless broadband. Outside: the patio basks in the morning sun looking out to the river; good sized garden; own quay and beach. Access to Penguin is gained by a small path from the beach which has a small free car park for residents. A wheelbarrow is available for heavy objects. There are many things to do around the Helford River. An Almanac will be emailed or sent to guests explaining what is available at the cottage and in the surrounding areas. There are plenty of places to eat out. There are stunning walks along the river including Frenchman's Creek. Various boats can be hired locally. Own mooring available to rent.
About the Owner
The cottage has been in our family for 48 years and has been lovingly looked after in that time by my grandmother, mother, brother and myself. Regular trips to the cottage happen throughout the year either for holidays with my children to mess about on the water or to carry out gardening and maintenance.
Activity and Interests
It takes 20 seconds to go down the steps to the quay and the beach!
Depending on where you are, the roads to the cottage are mainly dual carriage way from Exeter to Redruth from which it takes 40 minutes.
Helford is a 4 minute walk away.
Helston is a 20 minute drive away with most amenities and large supermarkets.
Helford has a very traditional pub with great food; a small village shop selling fresh local bread and essentials; a café in the old chapel; and a sailing club which is open to non-members for lunch or dinner.
A comprehensive Almanac lists many activities and places to eat or visit in the surrounding area. This will be sent to all enquirers.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
October half-term 2016
21 Oct 2016 - 3 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
4 Nov 2016 - 13 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
14 Dec 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A full list of terms will be given on reply to an enquiry including how to pay.
Bookings will be taken on the understanding that the guests have their own personal and holiday insurance.
The price includes a £20 usage of the telephone per week. Guests will be charged the excess usage. Broadband is free.
Normal changeover day: Friday
Arrival: from 3pm
Departure: before 10am
Other timings will be considered and prices will vary accordingly. Changeover days for Christmas and New Year may be different.
Notes on prices:
Prices for the property are in UK pounds per week.
Please note that the prices per day shown on this website are not relevant.
I will consider less than a week's let with a minimum of 4 nights. Prices will be 10% off the weekly price per night not taken i.e. 4 nights is 70% of weekly rate.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- near the sea
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom - Bath (no shower)
- Shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Toilet - Toilet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Twin Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed
- Twin Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Master - 1 Large Double Bed, Great views of the river
- Captain's Cabin - 2 Single Bed, View of the cove and river
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All beds are pocket sprung for a restful night
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Young children must be supervised by adults when going to the quay as the steps are steep. The beach below the cottage has rocks and again care must be taken on them. Outside: Cottage has a good sized garden and patio with stunning views of the river. A barbecue is provided. Tables and seating make the patio an ideal location to eat and bathe in the morning and afternoon sun or just enjoy having coffee or a glass of wine! Utility Room: Next to the kitchen: washing machine, separate dryer and plenty of room for boots, coats etc Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and bath towels are provided. Guest must bring there own beach towels. Cleaning is done prior to arrival. There is no maid service but there are plenty of places to eat out.