Sorry, unable to take bookings as awaiting registration. Check again soon!
Apartment in Carvoeiro, Nr Lagoa, Western Algarve, Portugal - Quiet location but only 3 minute walk to sandy beach, village centre and great restaurants. This is an airy luxury apartment which was bought and carefully furnished in a modern style as a family home in Portugal. It is a very spacious 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom property in an attractive and quiet location in the old fishing village of Carvoeiro. All the rooms have a balcony or terrace and enjoy lovely open views. We live in a small development which, nevertheless, has an excellent pool area with showers, changing rooms, WC's and freely available sunbeds. The pretty sandy beach and the village centre is only a 3 minute walk down the hill and this upmarket little place bustles in summer with plenty of first class restaurants, shops and bars catering for all tastes. Carvoeiro is set on a particularly attractive stretch of coastline with lovely cliff top walks and hidden sandy coves. Local activities include diving, boating, tennis and golf. If you like to explore, there are lots of other interesting places to visit nearby, including the old historic capital of Silves just 10km away.
About the Owner
My parents bought their lovely new apartment in 2010 and regarded it as home. We also hope to make it our home when we retire. Unfortunately, I am unable to let the property following a change in the law, which requires registration for lettings. When the registration process is complete, I will re-open the bookings calendar so please check again soon.
This area offers fantastic facilities with beautiful sandy beaches and spectacular cliff tops and it is all so unspoilt with no high rise developments overshadowing the beaches. Carvoeiro itself is delightful and offers a great range of restaurants and bars with live music available at several locations.
Nearby, we have championship golf courses, water parks, a marine zoo, excellent shopping and interesting places to explore, including Silves which is the old capital of the Algarve. An added bonus is that we are only 40 mins from Faro airport.
We have most of the stuff needed for beach and home so our guests can travel light, relax and enjoy!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our home was brand new and was let for the first time in the summer of 2010. We are delighted to say that our guests have fallen in love with our apartment, Carvoeiro and this lovely part of the Algarve - as have we. We are sure you will love it, too. Typical comments have included "great apartment with everything we could possibly need". "Very helpful information, we have had a wonderful holiday". "your apartment is in an excellent location - we would recommend it to anyone" , "great to come away and sleep in comfortable beds!" plus lots of very kind "thank yous." and several repeat bookings.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with Portugal because it is still largely unspoilt and the people so friendly and helpful. Carvoeiro is an old fishing village and we liked the fact that it has a laid back, relaxed air about it and the beach and squares are very attractive. We also love the dramatic coastline with it's beautiful cliff top walks and lovely sandy coves. It is a fantastic area for snorkelling and diving, we have a tennis club, boats for hire and good golf courses only minutes away. Plenty for everyone, really. At the end of the day Carvoeiro offers a good range of excellent restaurants, offering local and international food, and several friendly bars and music venues to round off the evening.”
Activity and Interests
Carvoeiro has a lovely sandy beach protected on both sides by majestic cliffs which is a mere 3 min walk from our apartment,very easy to get to and has great facilities. The whole area is blessed with beautiful sandy beaches which include sheltered coves and wide flat expanses of sand many of which can be easily reached by car within about 10 mins.
We are about 40 mins from Faro airport down the A22 motorway. It is easy to find but full directions will be given. We are close to everything in Carvoeiro, beach, restaurants, shops, bars, etc are all within a 2-3 min walk, so a car is not essential. But there are so many lovely places to visit, that a car would enable you to take advantage of the whole area.
There are two water splash parks a 10 min drive away and in 20 mins the very popular Marine Zoo which offers swimming with dolphins. A very scenic 45 min drive will take you up into the Monchique mountains and the old historic capital of Silves, with its Moorish castle is 15 min away. Ferraguda is a charming village with a lovely beach, an ancient church and old fort and is about 10-15 mins by car. By contrast Lagos (10mins) & Portimao (20 mins) are large towns, each with a modern marina.
Carvoeiro has several banks so obtaining money is not a problem. There are also doctors, medical centres, pharmacies if needed. A good range of shops sell local craft ware and pottery, clothes, day to day things like newspapers, groceries and stuff for the beach but the Intermarche supermarket, 5 mins up the road towards Lagoa sells absolutely everything! Another 2-3 mins drive takes you to Lagoa itself which has 2 more very good supermarkets, an interesting old town centre and a great coffee shop.
Back in Carvoeiro, activities which can be organised locally include big game fishing, dolphin watching and cave exploring boat trips, diving and snorkelling. Or you can just swim and paddle and make sand castles!
Later you can take your pick of numerous excellent restaurants offering both Portuguese and international cuisine, and to round off the evening there are several nice bars with live entertainment inc jazz, country and western and traditional Portuguese music.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
For any initial enquiries or to obtain a booking form please phone, text or Email me. My name is Elaine. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to secure the booking with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to your visit. A £150 bond is also payable in case of breakages or damage but this will be repaid after your holiday.
Thursday is the usual changeover day here (because flights are cheaper midweek) but we can be flexible depending on bookings. Please ask. The apartment will be available from 3.30pm on day of arrival and should be vacated by 10am when leaving.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Carvoeiro is a very convenient location, within easy reach of lots of attractions and places of interest, and only about 40 minutes from Faro airport. Our apartment is in a quiet location a short stroll from the village square. We are on a hill with great views but only a 3-4 minute walk from the beach, (Shops are even nearer,) but it is uphill on the way back! Because we live here a lot of the time we often like to cater for ourselves, cooking in the kitchen or on the BBQ, and particularly enjoy al fresco meals on the terrace whilst watching the sun go down. The local produce, fish, meat, fruit and vegetables, is of excellent quality, very reasonably priced and readily available from the local market, which is just around the corner, or nearby supermarkets.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom fully tiled with bath/shower over, Wash basin with cupboards under. Bidet and WC. En-suite to bed 2 fully tiled with enclosed shower, WC and vanity unit. Cloakroom/bath 3 fully tiled with enc shower, WC and vanity unit.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 en-suite bedrooms, double and twin) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with comfortable queen size bed, built in wardrobes and large en-suite bathroom. Private furnished balcony. Bedroom 2 with fully sprung 3ft twin divan beds, built in wardrobes and en suite shower room. Private furnished balcony.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is ample parking around the property and you can pull your car right up to the front door to unload your belongings.Smoking is not allowed in the apartment and we ask smokers to please use the ashtrays provided on the balconies and terrace. Hairdryers, iron, ironing board and adapter plugs are included. A full information pack will be found in the apartment along with some games and books. The apartment is fully air-conditioned but it is quite expensive to run 24/7 so is offered as an optional extra. The cost is 15 cents per KW so you just pay for what you use. As the apartment is designed to keep cool it proves very economical this way. The property is fine for children and we have a children's pool as well as a separate enclosed play area with swings, slides, climbing frames, etc. Just a note of caution, our marble staircase is not gated and curves round so may present a hazard to smaller children. We are now letting from mid April to mid October. Outside: Both bedrooms have private balconies, each with a small table and two chairs. We have a terrace to the front of the property with a table and 2 chairs.There is also a large full width terrace on the ground floor with a table and four chairs overlooking a small private enclosed garden area, ideal for small children. There is also a gas BBQ and 2 sun loungers, ideal for parents! All rooms have open views to the west and are not overlooked. There is a lovely shared pool area with large swimming pool and separate children's pool set in well maintained gardens. There is room for a picnic on the grass and facilities include showers, changing rooms with WCs, and sun beds. There is also a separate, enclosed children's play area with swings, slides, climbing frames. Because we live in a small development, there is always plenty of room for everyone and you don't have to get up early to reserve a sunbed! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Good quality towels, bath mats and linen are included and are changed weekly when the maid will visit to clean the property. Separate towels for beach and poolside are also provided and changed weekly. Other: The dining area has a modern walnut table with seating for 6 and matching sideboard and display cabinet for drinks, books, glasses, etc.