Bouleau4 (2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4)
Bouleau4 (Birch) was built in 1786 and is now a lovely spacious 2 bedroomed gite ideal for 2 couples or a couple and 2 children. The property is all on one level with only one step up to the front door. As with all our accommodation it is finished to a very high standard.
As you enter the gite there is a well appointed kitchen area with electric oven and hob, dishwasher and fridgefreezer. There is an open plan living area with leather sofa and armchairs, satellite TV, DVD/CD player,iPod dock, free WiFi as well as a dining table and chairs.
The first bedroom contains a King sized bed, wardrobe and bed side cabinets.
There is a large bathroom with a freestanding bath, shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
The second bedroom has a large double bed or 2 twin beds, wardrobe and bed side cabinets; there is a shower room with shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
Outside there is a terrace area with garden furniture and BBQ.
We have carefully and thoughtfully converted 18th century buildings to provide unique and interesting accommodation. All our gites are furnished and finished to an excellent standard, with high quality sofas, beds, linen, towels and kitchenware. They are all equipped with Hansgrohe showers, Bosch dishwashers and ovens and Weber barbecues. Our heated and covered swimming pool has a fully retractable roof and the surrounding terraces and lawns have ample loungers and shade. The outdoor games area has table tennis, boules, swingball, badminton and a children play area. Our indoor games room has a pool/snooker table, table football and an extensive library area from which you are welcome to borrow books or DVDs. There is a multi gym and x-trainer for the fitness enthusiasts. From magnificent chateaux or a state of the art theme park to the calm serenity of the Brenne Regional Park, all these and more within easy driving distance.
Top Traveller Review
Delightful hosts, beautiful property!
About the Owner
About Marie and Marc Van Lul
My husband and I were living in Lyon - France. After many years travelling everywhere around the world for business, we decided to look for a new place to live in the peaceful French countryside. And we have fallen in love with this fabulous piece of land, with lovely houses, trees and people. I am a native of this area and I enjoy a lot sharing about history, culture and nature of this beautiful region. My husband has sold his HR consultancy and doesn't work anymore. I was holding a senior management position in an international company. I speak English, German, Spanish and French; I am now a consultant for international development. We are now extremely happy to live at La Richaudière with our cat Penelope, our 5 ducks on the lake, farmer's horses in our field, red sqarrels and birds from the Brenne Park.
Marie and Marc Van Lul purchased this villa in 2010
Why Marie and Marc Van Lul chose Indre
Our gites are located in a lovely unspoilt region of France however we are still well located for all the main tourist attractions of the Loire.
What makes this villa unique
All of our gites are very spacious and equipped to a very high standard. As an example we have invested in sumptuous mattresses and bed linen to ensure that all of our guests are able to enjoy a great night's sleep.
Within our 12 acres there is plenty of room for everyone to have privacy or to join their neighbours if they would prefer. The gites are well located for the many attractions that the region offers. Within an hour's drive you can reach many of Loire chateaux, Tours and Futuroscope as well as enjoy many activities for all the family.
Changeover day is Saturday in high season (June, July, August). Otherwise changeover day can be flexible. Arrival time is from 4 to 8pm; earlier or later arrival by prior arrangement. Departure time is 10am max.
(6 traveller reviews)
Delightful hosts, beautiful property!
We stayed with Marie and Luc in Villa Bouleau 4 July 2015. Marie provided such a hearty welcome on arrival, showing us all around the property and making sure we were comfortable with everything. Property listing was very accurate. They even had a very nice bottle of wine and some treats left in the fridge for us, which was much appreciated after a long drive from Nantes on a very hot day. Marie was back later to make sure we were comfortable and settled in well. Marie and Marc were available throughout our stay for anything we might need and were very friendly but never intrusive. There was an abundance of information provided about the whole region in the barn. The children were thrilled with all the entertainment provided with toys, bikes, fusball table, pool table etc. and most especially the pool. The standard of cleanliness in the gite was 5 star, as was the level of upkeep of the property. Towels and bed linens all spotless and in lovely condition. Beds all very comfortable. The region was experiencing an intense heatwave while we were there and despite temperatures soaring to over 40 degrees, our gite remained quite cool and comfortable even without AC! One of our children was sick with a fever, which Marie spotted and let us know she was happy to make a doctors appt. We were so touched when not only did she later make an appointment for the doctor, she left her own personal visitors to bring my child and myself 20 minutes drive to the doctor, came in to provide french-english translation, brought us to the pharmacy, again went above and beyond with the pharmacist making sure I understood all the medications and instructions. I will always remember that, in a time of worry she was so kind!! I would not hesitate to recommend this property and look forward to a return visit in the future!
A Great Place To Stay
Right from the start, when we were greeted by the very friendly owners, Marie and Marc, this has been by far the best gite/villa holiday we have experienced.
There were four adult members in our group, and we rented a two-bedroom gite with all accommodation being on the ground floor.
• Great location - Easy to find; close to some wonderful places of interest; fantastic views of the surrounding countryside.
• Very well-appointed gites - Marie and Marc have thought of everything, including free Wi-Fi and Sky TV, with lots of our English channels. Our gite was spacious and very comfortable. Many unexpected extras in the kitchen, like a food processor, garlic press, a good selection of PYREX ware, IKEA storage containers for food, and many more items. Also, I needn’t have brought things with us such as washing-up liquid, liquid hand soap for the bathrooms and kitchen, dishwasher tablets, or lighter tablets for the BBQ - because all of these things were already provided.
• Welcome pack - Tea, coffee, sugar sachets, mini breakfast cereals. Fresh milk, butter, eggs, delicious local goats cheese, bread, and a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge - a lovely way to begin our stay!
• Own outdoor space - We had a very pretty paved patio area, which was covered by a wisteria-laden pergola, and was furnished with a mosaic table, four chairs, and a parasol. Next to the main patio area, we also had a second patio area for the BBQ, and additional outdoor seating space.
• Heated swimming pool & pool-side shower - This was a real treat! - a warm shower before getting into an equally warm swimming pool. The pool has a large and high-ceilinged glass housing, which is electrically operated to open and close it according to the weather. This means that the swimming pool can be used every day.
• Comfortable sunbeds - situated on the large lawned area around the swimming pool. Also, there are parasols beside the sunbeds.
• Well equipped-games room - Including a pool table, table football, ……….
• Play areas for both children and the older-but-young-at-heart - There are two swing areas - one for children up to the age of ten, and another for the over tens and adults. There is also a boules pitch ……………….
• Laundry facilities - situated in the games room.
Negative points: There are none! We enjoyed our stay so much that we have already booked to go back there next year - what more can I say!
Great accommodation and friendly, thoughtful hosts
Just finished a great fortnight at Clos de la Richaudiere.
The gites are spacious, clean and well equipped, with sun terraces for relaxing and eating outdoors with own BBQ.
The property is located in a quiet rural location a few miles from local villages and towns with a large shared swimming pool which was well used!
There are plenty of things to do / visit within an hours drive - the many chateaux built in the Loire valley, Futuroscope park, canoe / kayak on the local rivers, walking / cycling as well as lazing by the excellent pool or using the on site activities - bikes, table tennis, badminton, table football, etc
Marie and Marc have been perfect hosts, supplying a small welcome pack and ensuring that everything has worked ok. They organised a food and wine tasting one evening with a local sommelier which was fantastic and all the restaurant recommendations we tried were well worth the visit.
Great for young children
This was our second stay at Bouleau, and it's the only place that we've ever come back to for a return holiday. We have 2 boys, 5 years and 2 years old, and certainly for this age group the property is fantastic.
The main draw is the covered pool, which is well maintained and warm, which is an important factor for us. The trouble with uncovered pools is that young kids can get cold if it's cloudy and there is even a light breeze. Not the case with this pool. Other facilities include bikes, and a trailer is available which will seat two small children. This is great for cycling the quiet roads to the nearby villages, and it's only 1.5km to the nearest, so you can make the journey as long or as short as you wish. It's a great way of exploring this rural interior. The property also has swings., slide, and a games room for older kids. I honestly can't think of anything further that I would need for my two.
The accommodation itself is really furnished to an excellent standard, and it's spotlessly clean. The bathroom fittings in Bouleau (for example) are what you'd expect from 5 star accommodation. All the kitchen equipment you need is there, and a really nice terrace on which to sit outside.
During our stay we went to two lakeside beaches, both were excellent, and had sand, shaded areas under the trees, and were very family oriented. Both are within about 30 mins drive. Both really nice days out. Beauval zoo is also a highlight, really good. As is the old city of Loches. In short, there's plenty to do for a family, and we didn't even get time to visit any chateaux.
Marie and Marc are both excellent hosts. They are non-intrusive, but always available if you need help. I could not fault their hospitality.
Great Week in the Loire Valley
We had a great week staying in the 2 bedroomed apartment - Bouleau. It was really well equipped and was very comfortable and spacious.
The grounds and setting of the property were also excellent with losts of space for activities including cycling and the pool area was great as well
All in all we had a great holiday here and would recommend it to anyone – we will certainly be back
This is a great location and facilities were second to none.....especially for families! The accommodation was excellent and everything was thought of for the children, with swimming pool, outside play areas and inside play room. Local activities were easy to find and within a short distance. Will definately go back here!
From the Owner
“Our gites are located in a lovely unspoilt region of France however we are still well located for all the main tourist attractions of the Loire.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
During Easter weekend we organize eggs hunting in our property. In July and August we are offering wine tasting with the best "sommelier" in our region.
For wildlife and nature enthusiasts, birdwatching and butterflies watching are possible in our property; to discover more types of birds and flowers too, the Brenne Regional Park is a gorgeous place.
A visit to Beauval Zoo with the Chinese Giant Pandas is worthwhile with children as well as a tour of La Haute Touche animals park (1km far from our property).
Loches royal city and its traditional market on wednesday and saturday morning; in July and August one night market each month.
Loire Valley Chateaux are all wonderful such as Chenonceau, Cheverny and Chambord; some of them are less famous but extremely interesting such as Valençay, Villandry, Amboise, Montresor, Montpoupon or Azay.
Bellebouche 33 km (lakeside beach)
La Rochelle 230 km away - Atlantic coast beach.
Tours and Poitiers airports are around 1 hour drive with Limoges airport being about 1 hour 45 minutes. Car hire can be obtained at all the airports. The nearest ports are Caen and Le Havre, about 4 hours drive or Calais/Channel tunnel is about 6 hours drive.
Chatillon-sur-Indre is the nearest town, about 8 km and has supermarkets, banks, chemists etc.
In Cléré du Bois (2km far from our property), you can buy fresh bred, croissants and local products; there is also a restaurant (where you can have lunch or dinner or buy pizza) and a bar with ice creams too.
In Villiers (2km far from our property), you have a grocery and restaurant with nice terrace where you can enjoy nice lunch or dinner.
Loches is 20 minutes drive far from our property.
Clion and Azay-le-Ferron are about the same distance and have good boulangeries and small supermarkets. They all have cafes and restaurants. There is also a 1 Michelin star restaurant at nearby Le Petit Pressigny called La Promenade.
There is a large twice weekly market in the nearby medieval town of Loches (25 km), which also boasts a magnificent chateau and "donjon". It's worthwile spending a day in Loches.
We are situated 10 minutes from La Haute Touche, the largest animals park in France with over 1000 animals within its 500 hectares. This heralds the beginning of the Brenne Regional Parc famous for its lakes, wildlife and birds watching. A more conventional zoo is located 40km away at St-Aignan. The Beauval Zoological Park is among Europe's best. It contains over 4,000 animals including several white tigers, and it has welcomed the famous Giant Pandas from China in February 2012. Birds show is absolutly amazing.
The stunning chateaux of the Loire valley, rich in history and heritage including Villandry, Chenonceau, Amboise, Valençay, Chambord amongst others, are all within easy reach. Don't miss the Donjon of Chatillon sur Indre (Renaissance time) and Palluau chateau (strong links with Canada and Chateau Frontenac in Quebec city).
For all the family there is Futuroscope, a unique combination of interactive games, state of the art cinema and live entertainment.
There is a large number of activities available such as walking, cycling, horse riding, fishing, Golf, Go-karting and canoeing at Angle sur Anglin for example.
Birds watching, fishing and exploring the wildlife in the Brenne Regional Park is also a wonderful activity for the whole family.
You wish to enjoy horse riding with the whole family, go to "La Ferme des Mazerolles" in Saulnay.
From the Owner
“All of our gites are very spacious and equipped to a very high standard. As an example we have invested in sumptuous mattresses and bed linen to ensure that all of our guests are able to enjoy a great night's sleep. Within our 12 acres there is plenty of room for everyone to have privacy or to join their neighbours if they would prefer. The gites are well located for the many attractions that the region offers. Within an hour's drive you can reach many of Loire chateaux, Tours and Futuroscope as well as enjoy many activities for all the family.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- theme parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- 54 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Wash basin
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Wash basin
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Set up can be with on double bed or to single beds
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: All bed linen, bath towels and house linen are included. The large gites are centrally heated and have log burning stoves, making them all suitable for winter use. Smaller gite has electrical heating system. We can provide cots/mattress and highchairs on request, however we do not provide duvet or pillows for the cots; changing mats, baby bath seat, steps available. Saule and Chene although completely separate share a large atrium as an entrance making them particularly well suited for large parties of up to 14 people. Welcome pack including Loire wine, local cheese and fresh bread, milk, orange juice, coffee, tea, sugar, and essentials - kitchen roll, toilet paper, soap, washing-up liquid. Price is including electricity and use of logs for wood-burning stove when appropriate. Laundry room with 2 washing machines, irons and iron table. English and French DVDs available free of charge. Extensive library of English and French popular books. Outside: Each gite has its own terrace area with garden furniture and BBQ. Our heated and covered swimming pool (11m*5m) has a fully retractable roof when it's very sunny and hot, and the surrounding terraces and lawns have ample loungers and shade. The outdoor games area has table tennis, boules, swing-ball, badminton and a children play area. Our indoor games room has a pool/snooker table, table football and an extensive library area from which you are welcome to borrow books. There is a multi gym and x-trainer for the fitness enthusiasts. There is a lake in our property with Brenne fishes in it; nice walk around the lake is very pleasant in the evening during summertime, enjoying lovely view at sunset. Private parking area. Adults and children bikes hire available free of charge (including baby trolley and small bike with stabilizers). We are offering Loire Valley wine tasting with a local sommelier, in July and August, and some local specialties to eat with. Easter Sunday: Eggs hunting