House near Cotignac, Var, Cote D'Azur, Provence, France - Idyllic Rural Setting, Hidden Away With Stunning Scenery, Incredible Views, All Bedrooms En-Suite
Les Valettes Hautes is beautiful Provencal farmhouse set in over 35 acres of private grounds, set high in the Wilderness of the Var. Located within 1.30 hours drive of Nice, Marseilles and 1.15 of Toulon airports. The house is elegantly furnished, spacious throughout and sleeps 6; all bedrooms are en-suite. There is a generously proportioned open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room, plus the cosy and inviting study; both rooms lead out onto the main terrace through French windows. The house is set amongst developing olive groves, landscaped gardens and mature woodland. With an inviting pool and terraces surrounding the house, Les Valettes is a true getaway.
About the Owner
Les Valettes is owned and managed by Oriel Munton; you can contact her directly through the enquiry form or by calling 0033 494 72 56 38 and leaving a message.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We were made to feel very welcome by Oriel, we had a really fantastic holiday and would love to return.
We had a lovely week at Les Valettes; Oriel has a beautiful home in a superb and peaceful location and it was a privilege to have the use of it for a week. The house has been lovingly restored and everything has been done with such style and elegance. TC, UK
We have had the most fabulous holiday and all feel very well and wonderfully relaxed. The house and its location were utterly perfect; Oriel was fantastic and extremely helpful.
Activity and Interests
Toulon-Hyères Airport - TLN (1½ hours by car). Marseilles Provence Airport - MRS (1½ hours by car). Nice Airport - NCE (1½ hours by car). TGV Trains to Les Arcs Draguignan (45 minutes by car). A car is essential due to the rural location of Les Valettes.
Nearest village: Pontevès (6km) – general store only (épicerie). Nearest town: Barjols (10km) – best baguettes locally, Post Office, pharmacies, bars and cafes. English newspapers available from Cotignac (10 min drive). Les Gorges du Verdon and Le Lac de Sainte Croix (1 hour by car) - climbing, water sports, delightful walks. Golf courses within 45 minutes, tennis locally. St Tropez (1½ hours - car/ferry)
Go shopping in Aix-en-Provence (1 hour by car)
There are numerous local French markets nearby - for food and other local goodies. You can visit any of the local wineries for a degustation/wine tastings or really spoil yourself with a Michelin Star lunch or dinner at Chez Bruno, near Lorgues. Further info is kept in the house and Oriel is on hand if you have any questions.
- Booking Notes:
If you'd like to book, please contact us by email or phone. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. The remaining 50%, plus a £500 security deposit (refundable at the end of your stay), is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival.
Saturday is changeover day. Arrivals are welcome at 16.30; we ask you to vacate the property by 10.00am on departure day so we can prepare the house for the next guests (bags can be left until 16.00, by arrangement).
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds and do not include refundable security deposit.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to Bedroom 1 with bath, wc, vanity unit, sink En-suite bathroom to Bedroom 2 with bath, wc, vanity unit, sink, separate shower (access from landing as well as Bedroom 2). En-suite bathroom to Bedroom 3 with bath, wc, vanity unit, sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king size double bed. Bedroom 2 with super king size double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. All bedrooms have dressing tables, built in wardrobes and hairdryers.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Outside: The house is set in over 35 acres of private landscaped gardens, developing olive groves and mature woodland. The property is surrounded by the rural landscape of beautiful Provence. Pool: the 30’ x 15’ pool is open from June to mid September; enclosed by mature trees and surrounded by herbaceous borders. There is a pergola, which provides a shaded outdoor seating area, has a fridge and a mini stereo. The house is surrounded by deep terraces, all traditionally tiled. The large pergola outside the kitchen is draped in honeysuckle, with table and chairs. The main terrace is south facing and overlooks the olive groves and Bessillon mountains. Utility Room: Washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels included (including separate swimming towels). The property is cleaned & all linen changed weekly. If you would like a maid service this can be arranged along with a mid week clean. Please let us know any requirements that you have. Other: Study: desk, sofa, chairs, TV (Sky Freesat), DVD player, mini stereo system, wide selection of DVDs and books, dial-up internet connection, Provencale fireplace with French windows leading onto main terrace. Sky TV full channels available on request.