Townhouse in Competa, Costa del Sol, Spain - Excellent Village and Mountain Views
This rustic two-bedroom villa is decorated in Moroccan/traditional Spanish style. You enter the property via a wrought iron gate, across the 1st Terrace to the front door. This leads into the lounge with sofa, chairs, coffee table, desk and TV with British channels and DVD player. To the right of the lounge is the 1st bedroom with double bed and bedside cabinets. To the left of the lounge is the second bedroom with 2 single beds and large double wardrobe. Off this bedroom is the shower room with single hand basin, washing machine, mirrors and toiletry cabinet. Steps from the lounge take you up to the seriously well-equipped kitchen and out on to the second small terrace. From here, up wrought iron steps is the third terrace, which provides great views over the mountains and is equipped with a large rustic dining table and barbeque. Magic!
Calle Pillar is a pretty, white, 200 year old, Spanish town house located in the ancient, Andalusian, mountain village of Competa which is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Almijara mountain range, on the border of the Sierra de Tejeda National Park. The property is just yards from the local tourist office. There are coaches several times a day, yards from the door to Malaga which is the home of the world-renowned Picasso Museum. Nerja and Granada can be visited by car or coach.
About the Owner
Close friends made the move to Competa and invited me to visit. When I did, I fell in love with the village and its people. I wanted to stay and found this property, which was perfectly located just off the main drag but just 5 minutes walk to the main square.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for the beautiful place in Competa. We had a beautiful time there. Everything was fine, we found everything we needed. We enjoyed it and we will definitely tell our friends about this place. Our son drew the picture to thank you (crayon sketch of Competa).
From the Owner
“Arrive to find everything you need and nothing you will want. The house has been artistically decorated and renovated with all the finishing touches to make your stay a comfortable one. This is a real home, not a buy to let property. Let this be your slightly eccentric, cosy retreat for the duration of your stay.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Competa is ideal for walking in the mountains. The nearest village can be reached by foot. There are many good restaurants and bars in the village. Spanish pottery and local produce such as Competa's renowned and award winning sweet white wine and its outstanding olive oil can be purchased directly.
The Costa del Sol can be reached easily by car or coach.
Malaga airport is approximately 1 hour away by car from Competa. There are coaches 3 times a day to the coast and back to village.
The house is a 5 minute walk from the centre of the village.
The heart of the village itself is about a 3 minute walk from the house. Bar Marco a favourite of locals and visitors alike, is just around the corner and with such low prices, who would want to cook whilst on holiday.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please note the booking also has a £100 damage deposit that is refundable with 7 days of your departure. I am able to provide discounts after the 1st week. Please contact me to discuss.
Flexibility is available for changeover. Please inform me if you require this.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A very quiet and enchanting village and the property is the same.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom adjacent to second bedroom with shower, wc, hand basin, mirrors and toiletry cabinet. The washing machine is located in the bathroom.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and large double wardrobe. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and bedside cabinets.
- Notes on accommodation: Although there is no swimming pool with the house a municipal swimming pool is close by in the village. This is a real home not a but to let property. Let this be your 'real' Spanish house for the duration of your stay. Outside: There are 3 terraces. The top terrace has a gas barbecue, a small fridge, cane sofa and a Spanish table and chair to seat 4-6 comfortably. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: New linen provided with each letting and property cleaned and inspected for new guests. Other: The kitchen opens onto a second terraced area and a set of stairs lead up to the large top terrace, with table and chairs, that comfortably seat 4-6 people, a cane sofa, hand washbasin and barbecue. With excellent views of the village and the mountains.