Pet-friendly Lodge near Amroth / Tenby / Narbeth / Saundersfoot - West Wales, Great Britain - Close To Amenities And Attractions Including Bluestone, Oakwood, Beaches And Coastal Walkways
Ty Twt, Lodge 3, Llanteglos Hamlet, Llanteg, SA67 8PU. The Llanteglos site is situated in the quiet village of Llanteg yet you are just a few minutes drive from the stunning West Wales coastline and all its attractions. The award winning and architect-designed lodges were built in the 1970s in the orchard of Llanteglos House. The Lodges are set in pyramid groups of 4 giving a sense of community whilst retaining privacy. The Lodge was completely refurbished in 2011 with a new kitchen, bathroom & flooring. The Llanteglos site is ideally situated between the major beach locations in West Wales and is perfect for families wanting a hub to explore West Wales, quiet romantic getaways or for ramblers / walkers to explore the extensive coastal walkways and National Parks. On the ground floor is a fitted kitchen, bathroom with over bath shower, lounge with freeview TV, a single room plus a twin room. The first floor has an innovative mezzanine double bedroom that overlooks the lounge. The lodge will sleep up to 5 people but is ideally suited to a family or group of 4 people due the smaller lounge space.
About the Owner
We live in West Wales about 15 miles from the Lodge. If you have any questions about the Lodge, the surrounding area or any local attractions, please ask. If we dont know the answer, we will find out for you!
Guestbook comments from the owner
September 2011 - Lyn, Pontypridd - "Nice, clean Lodge with everything we needed".
March 2012 - Natalie, Llantrisant "Central location - excellent base to explore West Wales"
May 2012 - Dave & Sandra, Leicester - "Our third visit - perfect getaway".
March 2013 - Simon, Jilly & Ben - "Well where do I start. We had such a fantastic time last week it's difficult to know where to begin! We squeezed in Pembroke Castle, Folly Farm, Heatherton's, The Reptile Experience in Saundersfoot, Tenby, well just about everywhere. We even managed a walk on the beach most days, as you know it was cold but thankfully no rain or snow so we feel we had the best week of the year so far. I wanted to make special mention of your lodge, its such a fab place we enjoyed staying there. We cannot thank you enough for letting us stay and we are hoping to return soon and so will be in touch with you again to make another booking. Thanks again for making our holiday just that little bit more special :-)
July 2014 - Betty & Rob - "weather was beautiful so didn't stay in a lot! Downstairs bathroom helped as Rob's walking isn't good. Had everything we needed and was close to Amroth which the grand children really enjoyed"
From the Owner
“We use the Lodge ourselves as a weekend getaway. We like walking in the woods around Llanteglos and it is also a "twitcher's" paradise for any keen bird-spotters. Our rescue dachshunds love the beach at Amroth!”
Activity and Interests
Amroth (approx 2.5 miles), Morfa Bychan - Pendine (approx 3 miles), Wisemans Bridge (approx 4 miles), Pendine Sands (approx 4 miles), Coppet Hall (approx 4 miles), Saundersfoot (approx 4.5 miles), Glen Beach (approx 5 miles), Monkstone Beach (approx 5 miles), Waterwynch Bay (approx 6 miles, Tenby - North (approx 7 miles).
Rural location, car recommended. Approx 3.5 hours drive from London, 2.5 hours drive from Bristol Airport and 1.5 hours drive from Cardiff International Airport (Rhoose).
Amroth - 3 miles, Kilgetty - 5 miles, Tenby - 7 miles, Narberth - 7 miles, Saundersfoot - 7 miles, Picton Castle - 8 miles, Carew Castle - 13 miles, Pembroke Castle - 18 miles, Caldey Island / Caldey Island Monastery - 18 miles, Fishguard - 27 miles, St David's / St David's Cathedral - 30 miles.
Pembrokeshire has the most stunning scenery in Wales with unspoilt sandy beches, stunning coastlines and entertainment parks such as Oakwood, Folly Farm & Heatherton.
It is rich in historical interest with a heritage of castles, ancient relics, country houses and gardens, old mills and foundries, not to mention the old walled town of Tenby.
Llanteglos is well placed for all major visitor attractions and the nearest beach is at Amroth. The 86 mile long Pembrokeshire National Coastal Trail starts in Amroth and this will delight all walkers with its unspoilt and spectacular coastal scenery. For cyclists the Celtic Trail cycle route also enters the National Park at Amroth.
Llanteglos is also near many historic sites. The closest include Carew, Pembroke, Manorbier and Picton Castles, the famous Tenby medieval walled town with its Tudor Merchant’s House, an old iron works, Dylan Thomas’ Boathouse at Laugharne and many more.
Amroth and nearby Saundersfoot and Tenby have restaurants, cafes and pubs to suit all tastes.
The nearest bustling village is Narberth. Narberth has several pubs / cafes /restaurants as well as banks, supermarkets, boutiques, antique shops and delicatessens.
A variety of local activities / events are available within 5 to 30 minutes drive including: Oakwood Theme Park, Folly Farm, Colby Woodland Gardens, Laugharne Castle, Carswell Old House, Carew Tidal Mill, Heatherton Activity Centre, Pemberton Chocolate Farm, Battlefield Live, Carew Go-Karting, St David's Cathedral, Manor House Wildlfie Park, Tenby Maritime Museum, Cwm Deri Vineyard, Pembroke Dock Flying Boat Centre, Llys-y-Fran Country Park, Scolton Manor, Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort, Coldy Woodland Gardens, Dale Sea Safaris, Shearwater Sadfaris, Cenarth Adventure Centre, Heritage Canoes, Tenby Guided Walks, Caldy Island, Llan Arfan Coarse Fishing, etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please note that we have a minimum 3 night stay (£180) for any booking. Unless stated additional nights are charged at between £10 and £30 per night.. A 25% deposit is required to secure your booking as well as a £100 breakages deposit. Full payment is required 8 weeks before your arrival. Cancellation charges will apply to bookings cancelled less than 8 weeks before arrival. Details will be included in your booking contract.
Changeover days are flexible except during the peak holiday periods when we try to keep to a Saturday change-over. The Lodge is available from 4pm on the day of occupancy and must be vacated by 10am the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Short stays available on most weeks except August. The minimum stay with us is 3 nights prices for short stays are as follows: £250 per week = £170 for 3 nights (minimum stay) plus £45 per additional night. £300+ per week = £190 for 3 nights (minimum stay) plus £55 each additional night.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You take your break at the lodge at the pace you want; if you want to potter in the grounds of Llanteglos, read a book and enjoy the quiet you can. But you know that within 15 minutes you can be in the thick of it in Tenby with its many bars, restaurants and attractions. The choice is yours.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Large family bathroom with modern 3-piece white suite. Full size bath and over bath shower, pedestal sink and WC. Wall-mounted heater. Mirrored over-sink wall cabinet for storage. Fully tiled walls with granite tiled floor. Towel rail and utility hook.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 closed bedrooms, 1 mezzanine style) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, first floor - mezzanine-level double bedroom overlooking the lounge. Bedroom 2, ground floor - twin bedroom. Bedroom 3, ground floor - single bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Notes before you book - 1 small well-behaved dog allowed per booking but there will be a surcharge of £6 a day payable directly to the site owners. Waterproof children's bedding available on request (free of charge). Suction handle grips for bathroom available on request (free of charge) A free car parking space comes with the lodge - additional car parking spaces are available (extra charge, payable locally to site owners). Heating / hot water in the lodge is provided through an electric fire in the lounge and electric radiators / fan heaters in rooms (charged through a £1 coin meter in the utility area). Outside: Outside the Lodge is a private patio area with a 2 seater bench - further deckchairs stored in the utility unit under the kitchen window. Outside lighting with sensors. The 10-acre Llanteglos site in rural Pembrokeshire, borders the Coastal National Park and is just 5 minutes drive from the sea at Amroth. All the lodges on the site enjoy a relaxing peacefulness complimented by spacious lawns, a tennis court and a children’s play area. Utility Room: Small utility area off bathroom with storage, hot water tank and coin-operated electricity meter. Granite tiled floor. Door to ground floor bathroom. Ironing board & iron. Hoover. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, tea-towels & bath mat provided. Guests should bring their own towels! Waterproof bedding available for children - free on request. On-site launderette (payable locally). Mid stay cleans available on request.