Bungalow in Ballycommon, near Tullamore, Co. Offaly, Ireland - Peaceful Location
A most peaceful and tranquil location situated on the banks of The Grand Canal, which passes at the bottom of the garden to this property and links Dublin and the River Shannon. The nearest village is 5 minutes away (Daingean)and 20 minutes from the County town of Tullamore, Co Offaly. Centrally located to provide an excellent base for touring this wonderful countryside. A very comfortable and cosy bungalow with very large lawned gardens providing perfect accommodation for both families or couples.
About the Owner
We built this Villa in 2009 after spending time staying at a friends villa near by, we where so attracted to the landscape and the wonderful 360 degree views that we set about finding a plot. This plot for us and its location couldnt have been more perfect. We didnt want to be isolated but in the same token wanted to feel that when we stay here we can completely relax and get away from it all and this location makes us feel exactly that. It's so nice to spend time here during the day and then to venture to one of the many fabulous resteraunts near by, there are all genrarlly good value to and if you dont fancy that then spending the evening siiting outside the property watching the sun go down over spain and the algarve is very nice to.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Home from home is perhaps the one we more often hear,
Such peaceful and comfortable surroundings, and we will definitely come back.
From the Owner
“We bought this site in 1996 so that we could have a holiday home near to my family and this is also the same area that I was born. We very much love this area for its remoteness but it is close to a small town (5 mins Drive or 40 minute walk along Canal Line) which has two Grocery stores, Butchers, Chemist, Chinese takeaway, Hotel with Restaurant and five Pubs! If you wish a 20 minute drive will bring you to the main town of Tullamore with its array of Fine Hotels and great Pubs and restaurants which provide for a great night out.”
Activity and Interests
The property is approximately a 1 hour drive from Dublin Airports/Ferry Terminals and also approximately 1 1/2 hour drive to Galway and a 20 minute drive to Tullamore.
Nearest town with Grocers, Butchers, Chemist, Chinese Take Away, Hotel with restaurant and five pubs 5 minutes drive.
It has the feeling of seclusion but is well placed to tour the West of Ireland and is within easy distance of the River Shannon.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner for booking details.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in GBP
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom with bath/shower over, and wc. Separate wc
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and built in wardrobes Bedroom 2 with double bed and built in wardrobes Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 with single bed and built in wardrobe
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This property is suitable for children with enclosed gardens and being constructed on one level (no stairs). Central heating is provided to all rooms with two open fires. Fine countryside views from all aspects. Outside: There garden is laid to lawn to all sides and is approximately 3/4 of acre and is very secure. There is parking for numerous vehicles. Utility Room: Built in wardrobes boot cupboard heated. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and property cleaned before and after each let.