House in Vacheres, Vaucluse, Provence - Alpes Cote D'Azur, France - Retreat With Magnificant Views And Private Pool Located Between Apt And Forcalquier
This property has been recently modernised to a high standard and provides comfort and style in the the stunning hills of the Luberon. There are two comfortable double bedrooms (one en suite), a bedroom with bunks beds, a mezzanine level with single bed and a further house bathroom.This property offers a tranquil retreat for those wanting to get away from it all, with unspoilt views, large private gardens and pool. The large living room and kitchen offer all the comforts of modern living and the large garden replete with olive and fruit trees, provides numerous locations from which to take in the views and sunshine. Ideally located for exploring the charming market towns of the Luberon, larger towns such as Forcalquier 20 mins, Apt 25 mins and Aix en Provence (50 mins) are also within easy reach. Local amenities, restaurants, shops etc are within close proximity and there are numerous local markets supplying fresh produce.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Mark Coombes
Mark and I purchased Le Repos in 2005 whilst living overseas. We have spent much time living and working in France over the years, thereafter buying a property in one of our favourite regions, Provence felt like a natural step for us. We now live back in England with our two young sons.
Mark Coombes purchased this farmhouse in 2005
Why Mark Coombes chose Haute-Provence - Sisteron
A tranquil retreat from our busy lives, Le Repos gives us the time to kick back and enjoy the simple comforts of Provencal life, the sunshine, good food and wine in a beautiful setting with our young children.
What makes this farmhouse unique
If you are reading this and are considering Le Repos for your holiday, believe that it is a very special place with views and a sense of tranquility that is really unbeatable. Enjoy! Mark Coombes.
(6 traveller reviews)
Charming property, nicely modernised in a remote but very unique location with astounding views. If you want peace,quiet and privacy this is ideal. Beautiful Provencal markets and villages nearby.
Perfect get away
We stayed with our two children in the summer of 2013 and loved it so much we returned the following year. The accommodation has been renovated sympathetically, to a high standard and was spotlessly clean. Plenty for us all to do and see to in the local area, when we were able to tear ourselves away from the pool and stunning views ! A perfect get away.
A beautiful place; totally relaxing with superb views and a lovely terrace and pool area. Feels like your 'own piece of Provence' as the location is so peaceful and secluded. Pretty nearby villages and good markets with fresh, local produce. Owners could not do enough to make sure we had a lovely holiday. Very high standard accommodation and really comfortable. Would highly recommend.
I stayed there last year with a group of 6 girls, for a relaxing girls long weekend. The house is tastefully and traditionally decorated, and has everything you need, and the pool and garden are a huge bonus meaning we didn't actually have to leave the property during the day except to walk to the nearby boulangerie for croissants. The area is scenic and peaceful but nearby towns for supermarket and evening meals etc are only a short drive away.
Beautiful & relaxing
I had an amazing stay at this beautiful house in Provence. The house is stylish and comfortable with good kitchen and washing facilities. It has a lovely garden with refreshing swimming pool and spectacular views across lavender fields. I also recommend La Coquillade for a special meal a short drive away. Thank you for a lovely holiday, I would definitely recommend this house to friends and family.
We had a wonderful 2 weeks in this cottage - my family of 4, and my parents went in June and we cannot recommend this place highly enough.
The house has been converted extremely sympathetically, with very good bathrooms, a well fitted and stocked kitchen, but very in keeping with a provencal style.
The house itself is on the outskirts of Vacheres, and is a 10 minute walk to the shop for croissants etc. but this gives a couple of great things: a real sense of solitude, as its nestled in the middle of beautiful fields, and with stunnig views over the luberon valley and st michel observatoire.
The garden is enormous, and brilliant for 2 kids who like to explore everything and anything. The pool was a real bonus, again with stunning views.
All the restaurants are a drive away, but there is a great selection in the nearby towns from everyday to haute cuisine.
As a cyclist, there is some fantastic cycling to be done, and the routes are wonderfully traffic free. we hired bikes in Manosque, which is a v short drive away.
From the Owner
“A tranquil retreat from our busy lives, Le Repos gives us the time to kick back and enjoy the simple comforts of Provencal life, the sunshine, good food and wine in a beautiful setting with our young children.”
Activity and Interests
The closest beach is Marseile approximately 1.15hr drive
Closest airports include Marseille 63m. Avignon 51m. Nimes 80m. Nice and Montpellier airports can also be used although further afield approx 2hrs). Car hire is available at all of the airports.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 May 2017 - 25 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
26 Jun 2017 - 8 Jul 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
9 Jul 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
4 Sep 2017 - 15 Oct 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Please contact owner for booking details.
Changeover day for weekly rental is Sunday however shorter lets are possible, contact for details.
50% deposit upon booking. Payment of balance 6 weeks in advance of first day of rental period.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“If you are reading this and are considering Le Repos for your holiday, believe that it is a very special place with views and a sense of tranquility that is really unbeatable. Enjoy! Mark Coombes.”
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Both bathrooms in the property are newly refurbished. Ground floor bathroom with shower, WC and basin. Ensuite with walk-in shower, bath and basin. Separate WC, washing machine and wardrobe space are provided in the area between bathroom and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with superking bed. Door leading to private terrace. Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite (ground floor). Independent entrance across small terrace 3m from main house. Bedroom 3 with bunk beds Mezanine level with single/day bed
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The main body of the property has a master double bedroom on the first floor there is also a daybed located in the landing area alongside the master (stair gate at the top of the stairs for safety). The ground floor accomodates the house bathroom and a second bedroom with bunk beds. The second double bedroom has its own independent entrance and is opposite the kitchen door. Outside: Private pool (4x7m)with electronic pool cover to comply with French law. A newly built, large terraced area alongside the house offers the perfect location for al dente dining. Large teak table and chairs / umbrellas/ furniture etc and BBQ. Just under an acre of mature garden to provide comfortable shade, swing in the hammock or to potter and relax. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided at an additional cost of £15 p.p.