Villa in Fornole, Amelia, Terni Area, Umbria, Italy - Peaceful Location and Typical Umbrian Natural Landscape
This cosy stone farmhouse is to be found at the end of a narrow and sometimes steep country lane. 5 minutes drive from the village of Fornole and approximately 5km from the beautiful hilltop town of Amelia which dates back to the 12th century. The house is surrounded by glorious countryside and the vine covered dining terrace is an idyllic spot from which to admire the extensive views across the stepped olive groves which give way to the valley below. A large open barn (fienile) with table tennis and table football, provides ample shade and overlooks the swimming pool, which is set in an area of garden above the house.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
The landscaper is stunning. The house extremely charming, comfortable and cozy. An unforgettable holiday! Thank you.
Activity and Interests
Some renowned beaches of Tuscany, such as Capalbio, Tarquinia, Ansedonia are about 1 hour and half drive.
The nearest airports are Rome-Fiumicino 100km and Rome-Ciampino 120km. Pisa airport is 320km.
Fornole is 1.5km. Amelia is 5km. The property is well placed for touring many historic Umbrian towns: Viterbo and Spoleto are about 40 minutes drive and Assisi, Todi, Orvieto and Perugia within 1 hour drive from the house. In Viterbo you can enjoy the ancient thermal baths 'terme dei papi'
The stations at Orte and Narni are 15 minutes drive away and there's an excellent train service to Rome 45 minutes). Local shopping, bank , post, market and almost every kind of shop are available in Fornole 1.5km. On the road to Amelia and in Amelia's old centre there are several very good restaurants
- Booking Notes:
30% is required when booking as a (not refundable) deposit, with the balance due at least 4 weeks before the arrival date
Saturday is the preferred changeover day, but it can be changed on demand. Arrival after 4pm, departure before 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros. 10% discount for longer than 2 weeks stay. Rental prices include all ordinary expenses (gas, electricity, linen, towels, cleaning) except the heathing during winter.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- 160 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 with bath/shower over and WC. Bathroom 2 with shower, WC and bidet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, two windows looking to the garden, fitted cupboard, dresser and bookcase. Bedroom 2 with double bed, one window, fitted cupboard and dresser. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, one window, hanging closet and dresser.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is large, well equipped and nicely furnished. With its garden, swimming pool and wonderful landscape all around, it is a very pleasant place to stay both for adults and children. If you have little babies, you should watch out for steps inside the house and, of course, do not let them playing alone in the swimming pool area. Outside: The house is surrounded by glorious countryside and the vine covered dining terrace is an idyllic spot from which to admire the extensive views across the stepped olive groves which give way to the valley below. A large open barn with table tennis and table football, provides ample shade and overlooks the private swimming pool, which is set in an area of garden above the house, with deckchair and chaise-longues all around. Covered terrace with a table (10 seats) and a wonderful sight Utility Room: Washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned twice a week, towels and linen are changed once a week. Other: A dining room with a table (8 seats) with a large display cabinet for glasses, dishes etc.