Apartment in Meia Praia, Lagos, Western Algarve, Portugal - Furnished To A Very High Standard, Quiet Location
Vista Baia is a small luxury condominium of just 9 apartments, which share a lovely freeform pool and landscaped gardens. The apartment has electric gated entry and underground parking. The apartment is set in a superb location in a quiet area just across the road from the golden beach of Meia Praia. Free Wi-Fi now available. Satellite TV with all Sky Sports and Movie channels, BBC/ITV, CH 4 & 5 etc and free movie club with access to over 7000 titles, catch up TV on main channels. There are 2 beach bars across the road and a restaurant next door. A further 2 beach bars, a bistro and a restaurant are just a few minutes walk down the road. Lagos Marina which has restaurants, bars, cafes, shops etc is a 30 minute walk via beach or road. Alternatively you can catch the local Onda bus service which stops just opposite the condominium entrance. Palmares Golf Club is 2 minutes by car and Boavista Golf Club 10 minutes by car. Our ground floor apartment has a 40sq m terrace that leads straight onto the pool area which is never crowded as only 9 apartments share the pool and gardens. The apartment is furnished to a very high standard.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
“Fantastic apartment - enjoyed even more on our second visit”
5 of 5 starsReviewed April 28, 2014
This is a great apartment in a fantastic location and we thoroughly enjoyed our two week holiday. The apartment is so clean, comfortable and really well equipped - since our last visit wifi had been added and there was also a new gas barbecue. There are only nine apartments but I do think this one has the best position- the terrace is large and gives you the choice of sun or shade and seems the most private. The pool is a good size and as there were at most two other apartments occupied it really felt like it was just ours. The location is also great - so close to the lovely Meia Praia beach and with various restaurants and beach bars within easy walking distance. On this visit we used the train quite a lot - there was one just before 7 which was perfect for heading to the marina or into town for a meal and it was either a pleasant walk home or about 6 Euro taxi ride. We also got the train into Faro - only 14 Euro each and took just under two hours but a nice ride, no parking hassle and Faro is well worth a look. This was our second visit, having booked immediately on our return last year and if anything we enjoyed it even more. I can't recommend this apartment highly enough and it's definitely 'when' we return, not 'if'!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014
Have just returned from a fantastic holiday at Vista Baia! Lovely apartment in a very convenient location - cant recommend it enough!! This is our 6th visit to Lagos and the best apartment that we have stayed in so far! The apartment is furnished to a very high standard and is fully equipped with everything you could possible need. The free wifi was much appreciated by my two teenage daughters whereas I loved the large patio area which has sun all day long and enough shade to keep my non sun-worshipping husband happy!! Beautiful well maintained pool area and a beach just across the road - what more could you wish for!! Thank you to Sam and Shaun for being so helpful throughout the booking procedure. Have already booked our return visit next year!!
"The apartment was lovely, and exceeded our expectations from the pictures we saw on the website. It was also great to be so close to the beach. We really did have a fantastic time, loved the apartment and will most certainly be recommending it to friends, family and colleagues". J Flynn, Battersea.
"Well, the apartment was lovely, so mu
1 holidaymaker review
Stayed in this apartment for one week in September 2014. Holiday and apartment was fabulous. Apartment is extremely well appointed and is equipped with all you could need for a comfortable, home from home holiday. Would highly recommend!
Activity and Interests
Meia Praia beach and 2 great beach bars are just across the road so you really do not need to go far for sand and Sagres! The 2 beach bars sell fantastic fresh fish. Other beaches such as Ponte da Piedade, Porto de Mos, Luz, Dona Maria, Burgau are all within a 20 minutes drive.
Transport to the apartment can be arranged for you. Car hire is not essential but recommended if you intend to travel around during your stay. Travelling from Faro airport to Lagos is around 80km and will take you approx one hour by car. Shuttle Bus and taxi services (150 euro return) operate from Faro airport direct to your accommodation. Car hire companies such as Avis; Hertz; Europcar have desks available at the Airport terminal.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
28 night minimum stay
for 28 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Changeover Day:Flexible. The apartment will be available from 15.00pm on day of arrival and should be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure. We will of course make every effort to accommodate any special requests.
Notes on prices:
All prices are subject to change.
Changeover day is flexible. Check in time is 15.00 and checkout time is 10.00.
Winter Lets - the price advertised is for a long winter let, please contact us if your require a 7 to 14 night duration.
N.B - all utilities and cleaning/laundry (if requested) are in addition to the advertised weekly rate for all winter lets.
20% deposit required to secure booking with balance due 8 weeks before departure. A cheque for £150 will be required with the final balance as a security deposit, this will be not be cashed and will be returned to you provided that our management company confirm that there are no damages.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with jacuzzi bath and shower over, WC, bidet and wash basin. Shower room with WC and wash basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) plus 'fold up' bed Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with zip n link (double or twin option), en-suite, fitted wardrobes, bedside cabinets, air con unit, patio doors leading directly on to the terrace Bedroom 2 with zip n link, fitted wardrobes, bedside cabinet, security safe, air con unit.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Free Wi-Fi now availabe in the apartment. Full management company service provided (meet and greet service, 24/7 emergency telephone number in case of loss of keys etc). Our management company can also provide welcome packs which are delivered to the apartment prior to your arrival, these welcome packs are paid locally. The apartment has air-conditioning/heating throughout and automated security shutters in all rooms, main gate intercom, security safe. Travel cot, high chair and potty can be provided free of charge. Non-smoking, no pets allowed. The use of our personal locker is also available for guests use and this contains 2 x beach chairs, 2 x parasols, cooler box & ice packs, buckets, spades, bowls, rubber rings, armbands, dingy, kite, float, balls, bowls, 2 hula hoops, fishing nets etc (please see website pictures). Please note that the 5th bed is a 'fold up' bed suitable for a child up to 12 years old. Outside: The apartment has its own large private terrace which is part covered and part open so shade or sun the choice is yours! On the terrace there are 2 sun loungers a large parasol, a patio table and 4 chairs, several planters, a 3 burner gas BBQ, power and outside lighting. The pool and gardens are shared by just 9 apartments so crowding is not an issue, the pool area is grassed/paved and has semi tropical plants and an outside shower, sun loungers of course are available and are free. Access to the condominium is controlled by electric gates and a video entry system and the apartment has its own parking space in the underground car park. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly. Beach towels are available and are free of charge. A weekly maid service is provided. Other: Large storage cupboard containing hairdryers x 2, iron and ironing board, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket, clothes airer and pegs etc.