Villa near Todi, Umbria, Italy - Peaceful Rural Location 5km From Centre Of Todi. Use Of A Car Is Required. Free WiFi
Entering the house via the large brick arched porch, on the ground floor is the lounge with a large open fireplace and 3 big windows, a large kitchen, leading to the downstairs toilet, laundry, boiler room and utility room which leads directly to the swimming pool area. On the first floor there are 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a beautiful fully glazed sun room of 60sqm with dramatic views of the city of Todi. There is an external entrance to the whole of this level. At the rear of the house is another patio area, by the pool with a large brick built barbecue and pizza oven, a pleasure to use at all times. Free WiFi
About the Owner
Jane and I bought this house in June 2009 after several years of searching in the area. Umbria is known as the green heart of Italy and it is beautiful. We love Italy, traveled it extensively and wanted a family property for ourselves and our family. We hope you enjoy it and the region as much as we do. The house has been set up as a family home and please enjoy it as such. Both our daughters got engaged here. One under the Mulberry tree and one under the portico. So magic things happen in Umbria. But above all we hope you like the relaxed atmosphere and beautiful panorama.
From the Owner
“We love Todi and have made good friends there. The view of Todi from the house was such a bonus. Each day and time makes for a different panorama. We love the location and its easy to get to. With Orvieto, Rome, Assisi and Spoleto all within easy access there is plenty to see.”
Activity and Interests
The beaches at Tarquinia, Montalto di Castro are 1 and a half hours drive away.
Nearest airport is Perugia at 40 minutes, or either of the Rome airports at just under 2 hours drive. Pisa is also an option. From Terni which is 20-30 minutes drive away it is an easy train journey into the heart of Rome.
Todi centre is 5km drive away.
A list of the local supermarkets is available and we welcome thoughts on new restaurants to try in the red book that is left in the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Jun 2016 - 10 Sep 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Saturday but can be flexible to fit with your plans - please contact us to discuss. The property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Arrivals should be no earlier than 16:00 to allow time for the maids to service the property.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in euros per week. November to April heating costs charged at cost. UK customers pay by Bank transfer in Sterling equivalent (please use Ownersdirect currency convertor). Euros by IBAN to our UK account. Maid services is included at changeover only. Additional maid services can be arranged locally with the agent. 25% deposit with booking, deposit fully refundable up to 6 weeks before the arrival date. Balance of the booking fee due 6 weeks before arrival. After 6 weeks no refund.
- Available arrival
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Upstairs bathroom with shower, wash basin, wc and bidet. Upstairs bathroom with bath, wash basin, wc and bidet. Downstairs toilet off utility room with wc and washbasin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King sized double bed. Bedroom 2 with Twin single beds. Bedroom 3 with Twin child single beds. Bedroom 4 with Queen sized double bed (can be split into two singles).
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: The video, DVD are UK models and there is a wide selection of Videos and DVDs in the TV unit. A new TV aerial installed (Freeview box integral to TV) but only Italian channels avail. The hob in the kitchen is LPG gas. Water heated by two immersion heaters. Central heating via radiators. Fans avaialable and are mobile. All windows and door windows are provided with mosquito nets. There is also a CD player in the kitchen and a collection of CDs please leave these behind. In the master bedroom there is a large collection of paperback books. Feel free to take a paperback book home providing you leave one behind. A car is indispensable to reach the villa and travel around. There is no telephone in the house, therefore you should be sure that your mobile phones can roam Italy's GMS network. There is a portable radio, and an iPod docking station (old style) available for your use. If you forget there is the old and new style iphone/ipad chargers. Outside: House is set in its own gardens with a large porch with views of Todi. There is a table and chairs under the portico for eating out in the day or evenings. There is a secluded patio area at the rear by the barbecue which is next to the 15m private pool. The pool has a deep end and is therefore not suitable for unsupervised young children and those that can't swim at that end. There are concrete steps into the pool at the remote end, and a ladder at the deep end. Sun loungers and umbrellas for shade are provided. The pool is not heated. The pool is attended to weekly, but the odd bug in the water is your responsibility to fish out. Access to the house from the pool is via the utility room doors. Property is gated and fenced with outdoor lighting controlled from inside. Ample off road parking. Access road is concrete and off a main road. (No Via Bianco!) Utility Room: Ironing board, Drying frame, washing machine, sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Villa cleaned before arrival and on departure. No maid service during the stay, unless by local arrangement. Pool towels provided. Other: Upstairs 60 sqm sun room fully enclosed with panorama view of the historic town of Todi.