Apartment in Olhao, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Typical Portugeuse Fishing Town, With Miles Of Golden Beaches On The Riu Formosa
New build modern fully furnished apartment in typical Portuguese fishing town. Only 15 mins from Faro airport. Let your holiday start straight away! This area is quieter than the western Algarve, whilst still offering authentic Portuguese living. The apartment is spacious and has 2 double bedrooms, and 1 annexe bedroom. 1 en suite and 2nd bathroom, and double bed settee in living area. Annexe bedroom between the 2 bedrooms suitable for additional child’s bedroom. Cots, high chairs, childrens water toys also available. Balcony area catching sun early afternoon through to sunset. Spacious lounge and fully equipped kitchen with white goods. Roof top pools on sun deck with loungers. The development is part of The Real Marina Residence and Spa.
Olhao is a vibrant fishing town with Marina. Daily fish and fresh produce markets giving you a real Portuguese flavour. Rapidly expanding number of excellent restaurants and bars with a variety of food on offer, but obviously specialising in freshly caught fish and seafood. Miles of fantastic beaches on the Ria Formosa, are a short boat trip away. If hiring a car the Eastern Algarve has a beautiful coastline, and amazing beaches for you to explore. Smart shops in the town, and Faro has a large shopping mall.
If Golf is your thing Vilamoura is only 30 mins drive/taxi for some of the best courses on the Algarve. There are also a few closer to Olhao and Faro.
Olhao is ideally situated for airport access, fantastic beaches, brilliant food and friendly service. Once tried, people return time and again. A testament to the quality of their experience.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic place to stay
About the Owner
We are a Scottish couple who lover travelling. We have been many places in the world, but can honestly say we fell in love with Olhao. You will have a fantastic holiday here.
1 holidaymaker review
Fantastic place to stay
We have just spent four nights in this apartment and can't recommend it highly enough. The owner Marion, and Tiago who looks after things in the resort, were both extremely helpful and gave us all the information we needed. They are definitely 5* and there is everything you could possibly want there including beach towels which saved a lot of luggage space. Olhao is a perfect place for a quiet holiday and this is our third stay and we can't wait for the next. There are plenty of places to eat and you take a boat trip to the beaches which are just beautiful. Definitely an uncommercialised part of Portugal, long may it stay that way.
From the Owner
“We bought this modern apartment which is part of a luxury 5* development as it combined modern features with what we feel is a typical Portuguese working fishing town. The locals are friendly, the food is amazing and cheap, the surrounding area offers some of the most fantastic beaches in Europe. Each town and each beach has its own feel, atmosphere and experience to offer. Olhao seems to revolve round fish and fishing and this is celebrated every August with a Fish Festival which combines the fishing trade and markets with music and culture. Olhao offers everything you could want for a holiday, and to live.”
Activity and Interests
Beaches are a situated on islands on the Ria Formosa. There are 3 main stops off a short cheap boat/ferry trip. Armona is 15mins away, Culatra and Farol are 30 mins away. The miles of amazing beaches at the end of the boat trip makes it worth the journey. Stunning is the usual word describing them.
Faster water taxis are also available.
Many more fantastic beaches along the coast.
An exciting new Marina is 100M from the apartment.
Harbour- 500M to capture the local fisherman at work.
Faro Airport, 10 km
To appreciate all of the Algarve we would recommend car hire which is cheap and readily available at Faro Airport, however this is not a must do, as Olhao has lots to offer.
40Km to Spanish Border,
The town of Villa Real San Antonio is of specific interest just before the border.
Various towns and villages of interest along the coastline and inland
10km from faro
Vilamoura and Albufeira are 30 and 40 mins drive from Olhao
Traditional Portuguese restaurants close to Apartment, alongside new restaurants to cater for all tastes-Broad selection of restaurants and cafes
Developing area with new shopping complexes and supermarkets to cater for tourists opening.
- Booking Notes:
For more information and booking details contact us.
Flexible dates for entry and exit.
Notes on prices:
Prices vary through seasons, please contact for exact price.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is nearer to the airport than other resorts in the Algarve. It as adjoined to a 5* hotel which houses a large outdoor pool, indoor pool,gym, spa and excellent restaurant and bar. All of which are available to apartment residents. The Spanish border is just 40km away. Worth a day trip for the experience. The golf courses are cheaper than Vilamoura and Albufeira, yet just as good, in just the same climate. Entertainment, and eating out are also cheaper that the mid and western Algarve. The climate is always warm. We have been through the winter to find shorter, warm (20 degrees+)days, with cool evenings. Summer temperatures can rise to 30 degrees +”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- pier fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En suite Bathroom to bedroom 1: Bath overhead shower, toilet, bidet and basin Bathroom: Spacious area. Bath, enclosed shower unit , basin, toilet and bidet. Fully tiled and modern bathrooms
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Double bed, en suite Bedroom 2: Twin Beds +Annexe Bedroom Area off master bedroom with childs' single bed and cot All bedrooms have ample storage and space for all your holiday needs Delightfully decorated
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This apartment is a unique opportunity to stay in a modern, spacious and well presented apartment, which is situated in a traditional Portuguese town. Olhao more than enhances the apartment facilities available to the holiday maker. The beaches, the food, the people in Portugal, the luxury of the apartment and the hotel will ensure a memorable holiday. Outside: Shared roof top pool. Sun loungers, table and chairs on balcony. Utility Room: Iron, ironing board, mops, buckets, hoover- general cleaning equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. Property is cleaned prior to and on departure, or weekly. There will be an additional charge if you require extra cleaning. Washing machine/dryer available and would encourage use. All cleaning materials left in apartment. Other: Balcony with sun afternoon and evening. Sun trap, and relaxing place to watch the sun go down with views over the Ria Formosa. Balcony table and chairs.