Penthouse Apartment in Lagos, Western Algarve - Every Comfort And Luxury And Perfect For Your Holiday With Family Or Friends.
This luxurious property, totalling 165 sq.metres, is ideally situated in the Old Town of Lagos and is the ideal base for your family holiday. You can explore the nearby beaches, golf courses and sample the many restaurants which Lagos has to offer. It also has the added benefit of extensive outdoor space with 3 terraces, totalling 80 sq.metres, all offering stunning views of the surrounding area. The terrace is furnished with a dining table and 6 chairs allowing you to enjoy dining alfresco style. The complex also has an outdoor pool, fully equipped gymnasium, indoor pool, sauna and jacuzzi. Underground parking and storage is also available for guests with a lift taking you from the basement directly to the front door of the apartment. While a car is not necessary for your stay in this apartment, you can avail of the local Onda bus service, which has a stop immediately outside the apartment. The Onda has a number of routes which take you to all the neighbouring beaches/towns.
About the Owner
We love Lagos because of the fantastic facilities in the area. There are some beautiful beaches both in Lagos and nearby and the town and marina boast a great range of bars and restaurants. There really is something for everyone here. The area is easily accessible with Faro airport 45 minutes drive away.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fantastic apartment - fantastic location. May 2010.
A home away from home - the photos do not this place justice - from the decor to the comfort.
Better than expected beautiful apartment. February 2012.
A really spacious and comfortable place to enjoy - spent five weeks here in May 2012 and felt at home here as soon as we arrived. May 2012.
Beautiful apartment which really enhanced our holiday experience. August 2012.
Comfort - smart, clean, tidy and bags of space with sun in the morning,afternoon and evening. October 2012.
Great location for young or old. November 2012.
Warm and friendly communication when booking and apartment is a very high standard. Welcome pack a nice gesture and outdoor bbq made good use of.
The best apartment we ever stayed in - Lagos and it's people are beautiful. The welcome pack was really appreciated. September 2013.
A beautiful apartment - well appointed and handy for town, marina and the beach. October 2013
From the Owner
“We love Lagos and know that it offers families in particular all the ingredients for a great holiday in the sun.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Families can find fantastic days out both fun and educational, such as Zoomarine a marine life theme park with dolphin and sea lion shows even a unique chance to swim with the dolphins. Dolphin Safaris. A chance to watch whales and dolphins in their natural habitat, 3 departures daily (5min from apartment). Jeep safari, a chance to experience the wild rugged inland Algarve with guides that pride themselves on there unrivalled knowledge of the area with lunch included (chicken piri piri mountain style). Slide & splash Europe's largest water park for big kids (dad) and small! Extreme sports...sky diving, kite surfing, surfing, wind surfing downhill mountain biking, kayaking and many more even for the novice. Algarvian nights, folk lore to casino nights. Historic day trips can also be arranged, although a lot already on your doorstep in Lagos.
The main beach in Lagos is Meia Praia - 5kms long and also walking distance from the apartment (about fifteen minutes) but, if that's too much effort (you are on holiday !), take the Onda! The beach at Meia Praia never gets over-crowded but has everything the active beach-goer might want - para-gliding; banana boats; wind-surfing; water skiing - or just a walk by the water's edge along the 5k of sandy spotless beach. Many other beaches/coves for long sunny days at the beach are nearby.
Lagos is situated towards the western end of the Algarve in Portugal. The nearest airport is Faro, which is served by many airlines from most European countries. Faro airport is about 90km from Lagos, and the new A22 motorway will get you to the apartment in approximately 50 minutes. Taxis and car hire are available at the airport or you can use the services of our local Agent who will provide personal transfers to and from the apartment directly to the Airport at a special price of 55 euros.
Picturesque towns and villages abound nearby - Alvor, Ferragudo and Carveoiro all of which retain their original Portuguese charm are an easy drive away. Turning westwards to the most westerly point of Europe at Cape St Vincent is a must - as are trips to places such as Silves and Sagres with their castles and cathedrals. Inland there are many undiscovered gems such as the traditional village of Monchique.
Our first visit to Lagos was on a family holiday, with an age profile stretching from five month to fifty plus! What brings us back year after year is that there is something for everyone in Lagos! Lagos is a picturesque town which retains it's authentic Portuguese charm. Steeped in history and protected by its 16th century walls, a huge amount of resources have been concentrated in the past couple of years in the restoration on the ancient ramparts found at the mouth of the river. While Lagos caters very well for it's visitors it is essentially very much a real town and one the locals will tell you is a very attractive place to live with a vibrant cultural dimension all year-round. Shopping for groceries is not a chore here as the new, extremely well-stocked Pingo Doce supermarket is two minutes walk away from the apartment, or, do as the locals do, and take a stroll to the town's famous indoor food market to stock up on fresh fruit, vegetable, meat and of course the locally caught fish. There is on-site cafe called Cafe Fresco which serves delicious home-cooking all day.
The railway station is a short walk away and trains travel from here along the south coast, past Faro and on into Spain. The train from Faro to Lagos takes about 2 hours. You will need a taxi from the airport to Faro rail station, then a 10 minute walk to the apartment. The apartment is located very close to the coach station in Lagos, which offers services to the whole of the Algarve as well as Lisbon and other areas. Our local agent who is from Lagos will be at the apartment to meet and greet you. He will present you with our complimentary Welcome Pack and explain how everything in the apartment works - air conditioning; garage access; electrical appliances etc. He will also be available for transport to and from the airport, at a discounted rate and there for you throughout your stay in the event of any problems arising.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£178|
A 25% non-refundable deposit is payable on booking to secure your reservation. The balance is due 8 weeks before the holiday start date. A refundable security deposit of Eur200 is requested with the final holiday payment - this is refunded immediately following confirmation that all is OK by our local Agent following check-out. Bookings where all members of the party are under 25 are not accepted.
Your stay is from 3pm on day of arrival until 10am on day of departure. Changeover day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per week in euros.
The apartment has proved very popular for long winter lets
with guests from Canada, USA and New Zealand who choose
to spend the winter in the Algarve.
Discounts available for long winter lets.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There is a deluxe en-suite bathroom with the master bedroom, containing a jacuzzi bath and bidet. There is a separate main bathroom which has a shower, glass shower doors. Both are fully tiled.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The 3 bedrooms are air-conditioned, have electric shutters and superior quality mattresses. Master bedroom with King sized bed and sofa bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds (can also be used as double). Bedroom 3 with double bed (can also be used as twin).
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: Particularly suited for families, because of it's size and location, the apartment has a travel cot (with substantial comfort mattress), high chair, 50 inch TV, DVD player and satellite channels. Other baby essentials also included. The master bedroom, with two sets of double doors to the terrace, has extensive storage with fitted wardrobes and drawer units. Bedroom number two also has double doors to a separate private balcony overlooking the pool. Bedrooms two and three also have extensive storage space with fitted wardrobes and drawer units. Outside: The town is a 10 minute stroll from the apartment, along the riverside and has much to offer all ages - from the colourful Carousel in the Square to the endless dining options along the old streets and later, lively bars to keep the party animals among you happy. The Marina, with it's bars, restaurants and opportunities for 'people watching' is five minutes walk from the apartment. This is the perfect spot to dine or just relax with your favourite tipple while the kids have an ice cream - there is no better vantage point to watch the glorious sunsets Lagos is famous for - being almost at the most westerly point of all of Europe. Here too you can embark on a cruise of the coast; try some deep-sea fishing or learn to sail while on holiday. Utility Room: Central vacuum system. Iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The apartment is cleaned weekly including a mid-week towel change and a weekly linen change. Additional cleaning if required can be arranged locally at your own cost.