Apartment in Lagos Marina, Western Algarve - Peaceful location in Marina de Lagos
Luxurious 2nd floor apartment situated on the award winning Marina de Lagos. The spacious open plan lounge/diner with patio doors to balcony overlooks a pretty little lake and play area with view to Marina. There is a separate kitchen area which is modern and well equipped. The master bedroom has a large ensuite bathroom with overhead shower. The twin bedroom has pull out mattresses for additional guests. Separate shower room. All rooms have air conditioning. Ideally located within walking distance of town, beach, supermarket, rail & bus stations. The Marina itself is host to numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
About the Owner
Our family lives in Scotland...a far cry from the sunny climes of the Algarve.
We all fell in love with Lagos whilst staying at a friends apartment in 2008. It was the relaxed, laid back ambiance of the area and the welcoming nature of both locals and expats that made us feel part of the community. So much so that we all returned the following year and bought an apartment of our own that we, our friends and possibly others would enjoy.
During our stays in Lagos we have visited many of the local attractions e.g. Lagos Zoo, Zoo Marine and both water parks which has kept adults and children alike entertained.
The surrounding beaches and villages are perfect for lazy or explorative days out.
We hope, one day, to retire to the area...we love it that much!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Many thanks, love Lagos, every time we come back, it gets better. We will return, and be in touch. Smashing apartment perfect for what we want. First class.
From the Owner
“Marina de Lagos is an ideal base for Western Algarve. There are beautiful beaches, golf courses and a variety of entertainment/activities for young and old, all within walking distance or a short drive away. Lagos itself is steeped in history with architectural delights as well as modern contrasts which pleasantly surprise you. The Marina and Old Town are both well kept and you feel very safe walking around any time of the day or night. Restaurants are aplenty from Fish, Chinese, Indian, Italian and so on....every taste is catered for.”
Activity and Interests
Meia Praia a sandy 3-mile stretch of gently sloping beach is only 10 minutes walk away with beach bars and restaurants open for lunch and evening meals as well as snacks throughout the day. There are other secluded unspoilt beaches along the West Coast. Grottos and coves, miles of cliff top coastal walks, from surf dudes and kite surfers to the skinny dippers and nudists - there are beaches for everyone.
By road: Lagos is approx 45mins drive from Faro. Taxi and coach transfers are available from the airport and cost about 80 euros. By rail: Take a 7 euro taxi journey from the airport to Faro Station and catch a train to Lagos. It's a journey that takes about an hour and a half and trains run regularly. Lagos station is located behind the Marina and within walking distance of the apartment. Car hire is an option and is good value, especially if you want to explore further afield.
Portimao - 20 mins drive.
Albufeira - 30 mins drive.
Vilamoura - 40 mins drive.
Burgau – 20 mins drive.
Slide and splash water park – 30 mins drive.
The nearby Marina Club Hotel has a gym, luxury spa and indoor plunge pool and for a local charge guests can take advantage of these facilities.
The Municipal Sports Centre is a few minutes walk away and has a competition sized indoor pool and large state of the art gym. Classes are available daily.
Excursions can be booked on the Marina ranging from sailing to power boating, from dolphin safaris to grotto trips and many more.
Keeping our younger guests entertained is easily done with two water parks in the area, Zoo Marine - where you can swim with the dolphins, and Lagos Zoo with over 120 species of animal living in natural habitats.
The Algarve promises a fantastic climate and year round sunshine.
Lagos has something going on all year round.
The historic Old Town with its warren of twisted cobbled streets contrasts its sophisticated restaurants with small local eating places tucked in the back of beyond. There is a restaurant to suit all budgets and tastes - you would struggle to find a bad restaurant! We personally recommend The Adega in Old Town which serves fresh locally caught fish as well as one of the tastiest and cheapest steak tenderloins we have tasted in Lagos.
Jazz clubs, night clubs, bars, cafes, shops and boutiques blend with the mixture of historical buildings and Moorish architecture.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Changeover day can be flexible. Generally the apartment will be available from 1400h on arrival and should be vacated by 1000h on day of departure. If possible, we will try to accommodate any reasonable variations on these timings.
A £100 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
Balance is to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
A security deposit of £100 is required towards the cost of damages/additional cleaning due to mess left/lost keys...this will be returned within 2 weeks of departure date upon satisfactory report from the management company.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property benefits from an underground private parking space beneath the apartment and can be accessed by either lift or stairs. It is within short easy walking distance of a large supermarket, public pool, the Marina itself and shared pool. A 10 minute stroll over the Marina footbridge and you are within Old Town itself which can keep you occupied for the day (and then some) as well as beautiful Meia Praia beach with it's watersport activities and not-to-be-missed eateries. The train station is also within walking distance so a car isn't really necessary.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large ensuite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, overhead shower, wc, bidet & marble surround basin with wall mirror. Separate bathroom with walk-in shower, wc and marble surround basin with wall mirror.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - master bedroom with large ensuite. Double bed, large fitted wardrobes with hanging & drawer space, bedside cabinets, table & tv. Bedroom 2 - twin beds, large fitted wardrobes - hanging & drawer space & bedside cabinet (2 pull out mattresses)
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is within the Marina complex and overlooks both a small lake and a play park area that has swings, slide, bumper cars and boats, perfect for entertaining the children before or after heading to the pool, beach or Old Town. Air conditioning has been installed. The TV has UK channels so you don't have to miss your favourite programmes. Internet access is available through the Marina hotspot from the apartment, or in the Marina bars. Pool passes for the Marina Club Hotel are available to use which is only a very short walk away. A travel cot and high chair are stored in the wardrobe of the master bedroom. Marina security discreetly operate around the clock. Outside: The spacious balcony is south facing and receives the sun from mid morning until late evening. We have recently purchased new dining table and chairs as well as 2 sun loungers - perfect for eating alfresco or catching some sun on those days when you just want to relax and enjoy the weather. The blacony overlooks a pretty little lake as well as a play area (which has swings, slides, etc. and has a view of the Marina de Lagos). The 4 star Marina Club Hotel, situated 2 minutes walk from the apartment, has both a large swimming pool and a small child's pool, and is available to our guests through passes we have purchased. Sun loungers are also provided by the hotel free of charge. Utility Room: External patio utility area with clothes horse and pegs. This is separate from the main sunbathing and dining patio. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment will be cleaned prior to and following your stay. Towels and linen are included and are changed on a weekly basis. Please bring your own beach towels. Other: The balcony area is south facing with a lovely view of a small lake and Marina. The large dining table and 6 chairs are perfect for alfresco dining. Two sunloungers allow for day long sunbathing.