Farmhouse near St Pierre du Chemin, Vendee, France - Peaceful Location
The farmhouse has 4 bedrooms and is ideal for sharing families. It has 2 bathrooms and a separate downstairs toilet, a spacious living and dining area with a fully equipped kitchen which also has a small dining area. There is a small utility area housing an automatic washing machine. The private and secure garden has a large decking area adjoining a lovely private pool which is securely fenced. Garden furniture and barbecue is provided for your use as well as a table tennis table. La Grateliere is located in the heart of the countryside and is perfect for a peaceful relaxing holiday.
About the Owner
We have owned our home in France for 12 years, before that we holidayed in France with family and friends for a number of years (our experiences have taught us what is important in a holiday home!). We both fell in love with this house and area as soon as we visited and since then we have slowly but surely worked on upgrading and changing the house, although one of our main aims was to try and maintain the original feeling. Over the years we have had a mix of families, couples and groups of friends staying at the house and all have told us that they have really enjoyed their time here and felt that it was a relaxing and wonderful stay. In addition, we have 11 grandchildren who have stayed at the house from babies to teens, which is proof to us that the house is suitable for all ages.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had the most amazing holiday at your Gite, thank you so much.The children loved the pool and we all found the house to be homely and so well thought out.
...what an absolutely fantastic holiday my family and I had at La Grateliere. The house was fantastic, you had thought of everything. Words really cannot describe how awesome the house is and I would definitely recommend anyone to book.
This is one of the best equipped houses we have stayed in. The pool and play equipment was all well used, as was the 'play den'! Lovely place to relax.
Activity and Interests
20 mins drive to Mervent Forest where there is fresh water lake with beach, safe swimming, pedalos and water chute. 1 hour drive to the beach of La Tranche and to the town of La Rochelle.
Driving distance to La Grateliere - From St Malo 3 hours, from Caen 4 hours, from Calais 7 hours, from Poitiers 1.5 hours, from La Rochelle 1 hour.
How to get there from the UK (suggestions) - Portsmouth to St Malo, Portsmouth to Caen, Ferry Calais to Dover.
Flying - To Nantes (Ryanair), to La Rochelle (Flybe), to Poitiers (Ryanair). Car hire is essential - rental cars available at the airport.
Vouvant is a 15 minute drive away and is considered to be one of the prettiest villages in the area. Also of interest and within reasonable driving distances are Venise Vert which is a network of canals with boat hire. The Futuroscope is just over one hour's drive away at Poitiers which is a futuristic theme park. Le Puy du Fou near La Roche sur Yonne features villages from different eras, gladiators doing battle and Vikings launching attacks on fortified castles.
The nearby town of La Châtaigneraie has all facilities including supermarkets, banks, post office and restaurants. Full details will be supplied upon your arrival.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
|Stay tax||£1 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 18 years.|
25% deposit required on booking. Balance required no later than 8 weeks before arrival. Security cheque of £200 required with balance to be returned on completion of the holiday.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds and includes, bedlinen, towels, tea towels and up to 250 units per week of electricity.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“We were first attracted to the house by the peaceful location and the stunning views of the Gatine Hills from our rear decking”
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- theme parks
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor bathroom has bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, wc. First floor shower room has 1 shower, wc, wash hand basin. 1 separate wc. on ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: 1 double bed, 1single bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers Bedroom 2: 1 double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers. Bedroom 3: 1 double bed,1single bed, wardrobe & drawer space. Bedroom 4: bunk beds, 1 single bed, chest of drawers and hanging storage
- Notes on accommodation: Inside the house we have security gates on the stairs for children. The outdoor pool also has secure fencing and a gate with a lock to ensure it can only be accessed by adults. Outside: Front of the house: Private area includes parking and small patio. Rear of the house: Private pool, garden area is partly decked with further grassed area. Garden furniture and portable barbecue available as well as a table tennis table. View of countryside. Utility Room: Small utility room that houses the washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, towels and tea towels supplied. Other: Games Room with dart board, football table and 'snug' with table and chairs.