Country House near Orvieto, Umbria, Italy - Country House located in peaceful location, in Orvieto area
Set in delightful gardens, provides far reaching views of the Umbrian countryside. Within 20 km., various important art towns: Montepulciano, Bagni Vignone, Orvieto, Lago di Bolsena, Todi, Spello, Viterbo, Narni, Perugia, Chiusi, S. Quirico d'Orcia, S. Casciano, Bomarzo, Siena. 150 km. from Florence and Rome. For shopping at outlets: near the house "Val di Chiana Mall" and near Florence “The Mall” where it is possible to find: Gucci, Prada, Valentino and others.
Horse riding and hiking or trekking are available (if asked in advance). Tennis is available in Fabro with the trainer (if asked in advance). Cooking lessons available on request at the house (if asked in advance). Organisation of intimate weddings on request at the house. Change of towels and bed linens available on request. Cleaning every day (except on Sunday) from 9.00 am to 12.00. Extra hours and cooking can be arranged on request.
Top Traveller Review
BEAUTIFUL UMBRIAN PROPERTY
About the Owner
(2 traveller reviews)
BEAUTIFUL UMBRIAN PROPERTY
Our two week holiday in this beautiful Umbrian property was something which will live in our memories for a lifetime. We were six adults and five children and this tasteful and elegant house, with its delightful gardens and pool area met all of our needs - and more. The property is situated near the bottom of a 2.5km stone road which at first seems daunting but which we soon got used to, and the allure of the house and its many wonderful facilities more than compensated for this modest challenge. The pool and pool house were immensely popular during our stay, as were our housekeepers, the wonderful Svetlana and Gennaro, for whom nothing was too much trouble, and the elegant owner of the house, Anna Azan, who was charming and welcoming. The two weeks passed all too quickly, and we left with countless fond memories of a perfect Italian family holiday.
there are no words to describe our time at this gorgeous villa in umbria. we are a group of people who love to travel and cook so the kitchen is an important part of any villa we choose. to say that this kitchen was heaven would be an injustice! we loved it...we loved the whole place, from the luxurious bedrooms to the pool to the porches and outdoor spaces to chill out. but the kitchen!!!! we fell in love. and then there was alessandra, our host who was gracious, lovely and cooked us the most delicious welcome dinner. and what can i say about svetlana? she cleaned; she baked bread; she brought us preserved fruit and veggies from the garden. all in all, this holiday was epic...and much of it was due to ale mills, her family and staff and this absolutely fab villa. if you want to have a great time, with lots of space to chill...and cook...don't pass up the chance to stay here! we were so sad to leave it...we will be back!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cooking lesson, horse riding, hiking or trekking are available with trainer on request.
2 hrs. approx. driving from Rome Fiumicino or Ciampino airport and from Florence Airport
5km from the nearest Village. Within 20km are various important art towns: Montepulciano, Bagni Vignone, Orvieto, Lago di Bolsena, Todi, Spello, Viterbo, Narni, Perugia, Chiusi, S. Quirico d'Orcia, S. Casciano, Bomarzo, Siena. 150km from Florence and Rome.
For outlet shopping near the house “Val di Chiana” Mall and near Florence “The Mall” where you can find: Gucci, Prada, Valentino and others.
You can pay a visit to the most exclusive Spa of Tuscany, that of Bagno Vignoni and San Casciano Bagni
- Booking Notes:
50% immediate deposit on booking to be send by bank transfer. Deposit for any damage US$ 1.500 or UK£ 850,00 in cash or cheques, is required at the time of check-in.
Notes on prices:
A welcome buffet dinner,electricity, water, air conditioning and heating.
3 hours morning housekeeping service included.
High speed internet access included.
Wood for fireplace included.
Gardener and pool maintenance service included.Final cleaning
Cook service and table serving upon request 10E per hour.
dinner buffet 25E pp including wine (no table service and kitchen clean).
Villa dinner 40 E pp.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- All en-suite bathrooms. N6 Bathroom Main floor: shower 1st floor: Bdr. 2 (master) bath + shower, Bdr. 3 shower. 2nd floor: Bdr. 4 shower, Bdr. 5 bath, bdr. 6 shower Dependance: shower
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main floor: 1 bedroom kingsize bed 1st floor: 1master bedroom 2 full size bed, 3 Bdr. king bed + adj. room with single bed. 2nd floor: 4 Bdr.king bed + adj. room with single bed, 5 Bdr. king bed, bdr. 6 twin bed Dependance: king bed
- Notes on accommodation: Suitable for children with garden swing and various toys. The property produces organic olive oil and marmalades and a part dedicated to the growing of hens and ducks. It has its own organic vegetable garden and fruit trees. Outside: Pool, pergola, gardens, dependance, pool house, barbecue, 2 areas suitable for eating with outdoor furniture. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and changed once a week. The property is inclusive of cleaning, everyday (except Sunday) from 9.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m. On request extra cleaning hours, cooking and bed and towel change.