Farmhouse in Xaghra, Gozo, Malta
With magnificent views this converted farmhouse provides ideal family accommodation. There is a swimming pool, sun terraces and garden. Comfortably sleeping 8 there are four double bedrooms, two of which are en suite. The large mill room with traditional stone arches provides a sitting room off which is a separate kitchen and dining area. There is an outside barbecue with terrace dining area next to the swimming pool.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live in Devon, having just moved from Oxfordshire, and have owned a property in Gozo for the last 30 years. We have been letting the house in Gozo during the summer months since the swimming pool was installed fourteen years ago.
1 holidaymaker review
This was our first visit to the Maltese Islands and our expectations of having a great time were well and truly exceeded. We loved Malta (we spent a couple of days there) but loved Gozo even more. The vagaries of the road system (we never got anywhere at the first attempt), the great beaches and coves, sea kayaking, the friendly islanders and watching the world go by sitting in one of the many restaurants in the square at Xaghra made it a great holiday but the farmhouse made it excellent. The view from the balcony was stunning whether early in the morning or last thing as the sun set - we ate outside beside for the pool for just about every meal. The farmhouse was perfectly situated for walking into the square or driving down to the local coves or visiting any other part of the island. It was well equipped and very spacious which was great for our 4 teenagers +. We loved having three bathrooms and plenty of space for drying our towels and swimming costumes after a day on the beach. The 'grown-ups' really appreciated having our rooms and ensuites away from the youngsters! We will definitely return!
Activity and Interests
The property overlooks the beautiful Ramla valley and the beach here is just 5 mins away by car. The island has numerous small sandy coves and rocky inlets which are ideal for snorkeling.
Car hire is recommended. Malta International Airport is 40 mins away from the Gozo ferry terminal on Malta.
The farmhouse lies on the edge of the village of Xaghra and is five minutes walk from a well stocked minimarket. The island is only 9 miles by 4 miles so travel times are short.
There are a wide range of restaurants, bars, and shops both locally in Xaghra and the rest of the island. Visitors to the house leave notes of their own recommendations and experiences which provides a useful resource for up to date information.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
17 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £10 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 50% booking deposit is taken with the balance due 6 weeks before the holiday. A damages deposit of £300 is taken on booking which is returnable at the end of the holiday.
Usually Saturday but flexible. Vacate by 11am. Move in at 4pm to allow for cleaning.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for up to 4 persons in the mid and low seasons. An extra charge of £10 per person per night will be made at these times.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower, hand basin, bidet and WC. En-suite to bedroom 2 with shower, hand basin, bidet and WC. Bedrooms 3 and 4 share shower room with basin and WC on ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 and 2 with double bed and en-suite. First floor. Bedroom 3 with two single beds. Ground floor. Bedroom 4 with two single beds and a small size bed. Ground floor.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Front and rear terraces to the two upstairs bedrooms. Courtyard garden on the village side of the property. Swimming pool, sun terrace with barbecue on the view side. Here there is an outside dining area and four sunbeds. Utility Room: There is a washing machine in the upstairs bathroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, for use in the house, and bed linen included and changed weekly. The swimming pool and garden are maintained during your stay. Please bring your own swimming towels.