Apartment in Thollon Les Memises, Haute Savoie, French Alps - Prime Location - Village Centre - 50m Ski / Mountain Lift
Residence Les Gentianes is the prime location of Thollon Les Memises and are the most prestigious apartments of the area. This prime location enjoys views across Lake Geneva, the Swiss and French Alps. The new state of the art telecabin which opens in December and is only 50m away & skiing back to the property is possible. In the summer the telecabin operates giving access to miles of mountain treks or just walk out of the apartment straight up the mountain. There are two supermarkets in the village and several restaurants within 1-2 minutes walk with others only 10 minutes away. There is free WiFi at the tourist office over the road. Evian town is a 15 minute drive and is a wonderful clean town with many restaurants and swimming facilities for all ages. Thollon is a 20 minute drive from the Swiss border or via Evian a ferry will take you to many destinations around Lake Geneva. The surrounding area is as beautiful in the summer as it is in the winter, most visitors return many times.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fab new apartment in an ideal position in the village. Thollon is a really friendy village and the skiing area has unsurpased views over lake Geneva. We will return - Richard Norman - Bucks UK.
We had a great holiday in the apartment & thought the area was very good for outdoor activities which was exactly what we were looking for. Joanne Graham - Co. Durham
2 holidaymaker reviews
We stayed for a week in June and enjoyed our stay. The resort is quiet in the summer as it is primarily a winter ski resort but we enjoyed the peace and tranquillity. The apartment is small but acceptable, there was 4 of us in the apartment, and it is modestly but adequately furnished. About 5 miles up from Evian, where you can catch a boat to Lausanne and other resorts around Lake Geneva. There are some lake views from the apartment but the surrounding mountain scenery is very pleasant. The gondola is right next to the apartment block but unfortunately for us was closed for maintenance during our stay. Just bad timing though. Generally we had a great week and would certainly recommend a stay here.
Comfortable accomodation with stunning views on two sides. Lake Geneva on one side and Les Memises with its Gondola on the other side. The property was well maintained and well equipped. The only downside being the miniscule second toilet/cloakroom which is not suitable for tall people. Plenty of parking and well situated in the heart of the top station. Many restaurants, bars and a mini market within close walking distance. However not all of these were open during our stay in May. Had an excellent Savoyard meal at Restaurant St. Nicolas. Evian beside the lake is very picturesque and is a 15 minute drive down the mountain. We also took the ferry across the lake to Lausanne in Switzerland. Excellent location for touring and walking. I will definitely recommend this apartment to my friends.
Activity and Interests
Lake Geneva boasts many 'beach' areas where purpose prepared areas are made available for swimming and fun. Water skiing, boat hire and trips are also available. White water rafting is nearby as are tree-top adventure walks not to mention easy access to the Swiss railway network from Montreux and Lausanne. There are also many in-land lakes and many mountain walks in the immediate vicinity.
Thollon Les Memises is approx. 64km from Geneva Airport. In summer we would recommend a car but in the winter, if you are happy to ski Thollon every day (and why not!) then a car isn't necessary as everything you need is in easy walking distance.
Evian is 12 km away, Lausanne is 30 minutes by ferry from Evian. The source to Evian water is in Thollon!
- Booking Notes:
1) 25% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. 2) The balance is required 8 weeks prior to occupation. This is non-refundable. 3) We require a security deposit of £150.00. 4) The apartment will have been cleaned before you arrive, please leave the apartment in a clean and tidy condition. 5) No pets. 6) No smoking in the apartment. 7) We strongly recommend that purchase a travel insurance policy that will cover the cost of your rental should you need to cancel.
Flexible changeover day. Min stay 3 nights. Please depart by 10am unless by prior arrangement.
Notes on prices:
If you want to pay in Euros please ask
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom with bath and shower, hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail. 2nd toilet with hand basin and heated towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double Bed, built-in wardrobe, side tables and lamps. Window looking out to the Memises mountains. Bedroom 2 - 2 single beds, cupboard space, side table and lamp. Small window looking out to Memises mountain.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have added to and upgraded much of the furniture, kitchen equipment and linen for the 2013/14 season. Outside: There is a large sunny private balcony running around two sides of the apartment. To the south there are great views of the ski run off the top of the Memises Mountains and to the south east views of Lake Geneva and the Swiss Alps. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen included changed after each departure unless otherwise arranged. Other: The apartment enjoys a substantial balcony on both sides, which now has a table and four chairs.