Penthouse Apartment in Meia Praia, Lagos, Western Algarve, Portugal - Beach Front
Vista Baia is a luxury condominium of 9 apartments, ours is one of the three penthouses. They share a lovely freeform pool and landscaped gardens and is set in a superb location opposite the stunning beach of Meia Praia. There are two beach bars opposite and a restaurant next door. There are a further 3 beach bars, a bistro and a restaurant a short walk away. Lagos Marina has numerous bars, cafes and restaurants and is approx. 30 minutes walk away. Alternatively the Onda Bus service stops opposite the condominium and is a regular safe route into Lagos. Our 2nd floor apartment has a 50 sqm private sun terrace with sun loungers and shade and a lower 20 sqm terrace, both of which enjoy stunning views overlooking the beach. We have secure underground parking and a large storage cupboard (if required) where you can store water sports equipment, golf clubs etc. The condominium is security gated and inside the apartment there is a video security handset and a safe.
About the Owner
We are both full time working professionals who enjoy the Lagos area of the Algarve immensely for sport and leisure.
We have invested in this beautiful apartment so that we and others can enjoy and share the location 12 months of the year.
Our family use the apartment for short weekend breaks as well as planned holidays, the rest of the time we make it available to holiday makers who enjoy quality finishings in a completely furnished apartment.
For full details of the apartment please visit our website.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Nancy Hill & Family - Nottingham. Aug/Sept 2011
"Just wanted to tell you what a superb holiday we had in your wonderful apartment in Meia Praia. We just returned home to grey Nottingham, it was very hard to leave that view! The apartment is fantastic and we don't think it could have been in a better location. We did write in the visitor book with lots of recommendations of restaurants and stuff to do. We loved it so much we are looking into going back next year - but for longer.
How would you feel about us booking in for a 3 - 4 week booking next summer?"
Carl Plummer - Hitchin, Herts. July/Aug 2011 - Having returned from our trip to Portugal on Friday, I just wanted to drop you a quick note to thank you for the use of your lovely apartment. We had a thorougly enjoyable time, made all the better by having the use of your apartment, which was really like having a "home from home".
Activity and Interests
The beaches around Lagos are amongst the most beautiful in the Algarve, none more so than Meia Praia Beach which is approx 200m from the apartment. It forms part of one of the largest bays in Europe and is a spectacular 5km of white sand. It's never too crowded and sun beds and parasols are available for hire. There are plenty of cafes and good restaurants on the beach. Within 5-10 minutes drive are numerous other family friendly beaches such as Dona Ana, Luz, Burgau, Camillo and Salema.
The nearest airport is Faro at around 70km. One can reach Lagos directly by motorway from Faro in about 45 minutes. There is also the Faro-Lagos train which stops at Meia Praia situated a couple of minutes walk from the apartment. Although car hire is not necessary as both beach and town are within easy walking distance, a car is recommended as there is so much to see and do in the Algarve. If you do not wish to hire a car we can recommend car hire companies or taxi/shuttle buses services.
It is a 35 minute walk (approx) along the road to the marina into the old charming town of Lagos. Alternatively the walk along the beach to Lagos is beautiful but will take you an extra 10-15 minutes. For those less energetic for 1.30 euro, you can catch the number 2 bus which stops across the road from the apartment, by the railway track. Timetables are posted at the bus stops but change seasonally.
Once in Lagos, enclosed within 5th century walls, Lagos is rich in historical buildings and Moorish architecture. It is packed with traditional and modern shops. On the narrow cobbled streets you will find cafes, restaurants and bars catering for all tastes. With its relaxed atmosphere and quiet charm Lagos is one of the most appealing locations in the Algarve. At night the old town comes alive with open-air stalls, street entertainers and artists. Five minutes drive from the apartment towards Lagos you will find an excellent supermarket - Pingo Doce. Here you find everything you need from fresh fish, meat and fruit to wines, freshly baked bread and pastries.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 20% deposit of the total cost is due at the time of booking. The remainder is due 8 weeks before your arrival. Bookings made within 8 weeks of the start date must be paid in full with the booking. A security deposit (£150) is required with final payment to be returned within a fortnight of departure. All clients agree to report any damage to the property or contents to our Key Holder before leaving. Payment by electronic bank transfer (BACS), details will be forwarded at time of booking.
Saturday is the preferred change over day but we can be flexible if necessary. The apartment will be available from 2pm on arrival and should be vacated by 10am on day of departure. We will try to accommodate any reasonable variations on these timings.
Notes on prices:
Prices for the property are per week in UK Pounds. Euro payments are accepted, please apply for rates.
Prices include Meet and Greet service and Welcome Pack.
Discount for second week available in low season. Discounted long-term winter lets available. Electricity will be metered and charged separately for long term lets November - March.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with jacuzzi bath, shower, vanity sink with illuminated mirror, bidet and wc. Hair dryer supplied. Shower room with vanity sink with illuminated mirror and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed, bedside cabinets, air-con, patio doors to lower 20 sqm terrace. Bedroom 2: twin beds, bedside cabinet, air-con and large fitted wardrobes with safe. Double sofa bed in lounge suitable for 2 small children or 1 adult.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A Meet and Greet service is included between 9am – 9pm. Our Key Holder meets you with a Welcome Pack (milk,bread,water,tea,coffee,wine,juice,ham,cheese,butter,jam), keys and shows you all the facilities. You will an emergency tel number for your stay. If arriving after 9pm, our Key Holder will meet you (10 euros payable upon arrival). If you need an emergency call-out (ie locking yourselves out, loss of keys), the call out charge between 9am - 9pm is 15 euros per hour (plus additional charges for materials ie new locks/keys). These costs are payable by you. The call out charge outside of these hours is 30 euros per hour. We do not have facilities for babies, but can arrange for cots, highchairs at an additional cost (paid locally) if required. Although we welcome families, the apartment is on the 2nd floor and the complex has a pool. It is your responsibility to ensure that young children are supervised at all times. All windows and patio doors have electronic security shutters. Outside: The private landscaped garden, pool and outside shower are fully maintained. The apartment's south-ocean facing lower terrace is a wonderful position for dining alfresco. It is very private and benefits from the sun from early-morning until late-afternoon. The 50sqm private upper terrace benefits from the sun from dawn until dusk and has stunning views over the beach. It includes 4 sun loungers with mattresses, electric plug points, water supply and external lighting. The pegola has a woven organic cover to provide shade if required. From the sun terrace you also have views of the hillside vista to the rear and Palmares Golf Course to the east. At the east end of the beach is the estuary where wind/kite surfing and fishing are very popular. Overlooking the bay you can see the coastline all the way to the historic town of Lagos to the west, and to the east views of Portimao. It is also a lovely spot for simply relaxing, sunbathing and socialising. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: You will be provided with luxury towels and cotton bedlinen, which will be changed weekly. Please bring your own beach towels. Maid service is provided once a week. Other: 50sqm private sun terrace where you can enjoy lazing on the sun loungers and enjoy the panoramic views across the Bay of Lagos. Lower 20sqm covered terrace with outside dining facilities. Iron/Ironing board, washing basket supplied.