Big Holiday Home nr. Harlech, Snowdonia, North Wales - Ideal for Large Gatherings of Family or Friends, Big Private Gardens, Beach Path Etc
*** Exciting news!! *** We are planning a major upgrade during Autumn 2016, with the addition of a luxury spa facility including a large hot tub with views, a sauna, and barbecue area. Also redesigning the living quarters of the house. It's going to be amazing! Contact us for details.
Large beautiful house near Snowdon, overlooking the sea with extensive gardens, private wood, games cabin and wifi. Pet friendly.
Llys Tanwg feels like a family home, and most people who come say it's simply the nicest place they've ever hired for a holiday.
Our grandparents bought the house particularly for the views, and it really is second to none in this way. Sitting in one of the big bay windows watching the sun set over the Llynn peninsular, the sea all golden in front of you, is something you’ll never forget. You can see right around to Snowdon and beyond in the north, and on very clear days you can see St David’s Head far to the south.
Ideal for family and friends getaways as it has lots of different spaces for everyone to hang out together, or take time to be quiet if they wish. There are two large living rooms (each with TV and open fires), dining room, and two fully equipped kitchens and wash areas. The property is beautifully furnished with many period pieces, paintings, and books galore.
- a mix of bedrooms with 2 doubles, 4 twin and 1 single
- are two bathrooms with showers and toilets, and then two additional toilets as well. Some of the bedrooms also have their own sink
- two kitchens fully equipped with dishwashers, washing machines and dryers, microwaves, etc etc
- double glazed and central heating throughout
- playroom for children
- games cabin with pool, table tennis and table football
- huge private gardens with plenty for both adults and children (even a very high up treeplatform at your own risk!)
- pathway down to literally miles of sandy beach one way, rock pools the other, loads of sand dunes to explore, and wonderful safe swimming
- surrounded by the Snowdonia National Park, all within easy reach are epic mountain hikes, gentle river walks, ancient oak forests, enough to keep you going for many many holidays
If you don’t need the whole house please ask for lower rates as we may well be able to accommodate you using just part of the house.
About the Owner
We have had this house in the family since one of our forebears - the famous "Red Dean" of Canterbury, bought it in the 1930's (that's him in the photo), and it's been passed down through the years.
Adam and Matthew - two of the Dean's grandsons - who despite each having international careers in the arts, are now looking after the property for future generations. We all loved it, and still have a family holiday here several times a year.
We are incredibly grateful to have Linda our manager who lives down the road and takes care of everything on a day to day level, and will look after you upon your arrival at the house. She's an absolute gem, and if you have any problems during your stay please do not hesitate to contact her.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We did loads of blish stuff, from charging down massive sand dunes to swimming in the freezing sea.
Hide and seek (tip good place to go is behind the curtains in the sitting rooms) Playing in the woods, and in the tree house.
Games room fantastic, pool, table football,darts and table tennis.
Piano and two Massive T.V's
Everyone I was with enjoyed it we didn't want to go home.
From the Owner
“This house is right in the heart of one of the most enjoyable areas of Britain. The mountains are spectacular, the views incredible, with endless walks and adventures to be had. The house itself is perfect for families and we've just had to keep it going for that - generations of children have loved being here, and as adults, to sit back at the end of a glorious day out in nature, and watch the sun go down over the Llyn Peninsula, is simply wonderful.”
Activity and Interests
4 miles of straight sandy beach 10 minutes down a footpath, as well as a lovely rock pool area the other way. All up and down the coast there are wonderful beaches, though we think this one is really the best, with safe swimming, and never crowded.
Manchester airport is around 100 miles, Birmingham 125.
There's a train station just one mile down the road from the house, but you really need a car to enjoy the area.
Harlech 1 mile with 1000 year-old castle, shops restaurants etc. Mountains everywhere!
All within an hour of Llys Tanwg, you can visit historic monuments, castles, and religious sites, ride on the famous narrow-gauge Ffestiniog railway, play golf on one of the world’s greatest courses, go horse-riding or white-water rafting, explore slate caverns, hill walk, mountain or rock climb, river, lake or sea swimming, kitesurf or windsurf, or just stay home and enjoy the beautiful house and it's views, and play in the games room. Behind the house on foot, you are soon on the hills where there are wonderful walking opportunities.
If you want to set out by car, there are a host of beautiful and isolated spots all under 20 minutes drive away, such as Shell Island, the valleys of Cwm Buchan and Cwm Nantcol, and the mountain range inland where ravens and falcons fly and wild goats can still be seen. Of course, Snowdonia is internationally known for its fine climbing and walking and beauty of scenery.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 19 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Christmas New year
20 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Please contact Linda our manager or see our website.
Friday - may be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Please note that you can hire just half of the house for half the price! Short stays available.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our visitors comment over and over again that they've never been to a house with such a great location or that's so warm and friendly with such a family feel to it. We like to think that we're offering a holiday house that people can love almost as their own, and become a family favourite for them as it has for us.”
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Stereo ...
- children welcome ...
- pets considered ...
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- 2 bathrooms with bath/shower, toilet. 2 separate toilets as well.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed, These beds are bunks
- Bedroom 7 - 1 Single Bed, This is a small room but everyone's favourite!
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 13/17 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 doubles, 4 twins and 1 single. Z-bed mattresses available for 2 extras.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Absolutely ideal for children being close to the beach, with large private gardens and games cabin for rainy days that has table tennis and table football. Outside: Wonderful big gardens. Games cabin, easy access to mountains and walks in all directions. Utility Room: 2 utility rooms with washing machines and dryers. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning, bedding, towels provided each week. Other: Large dining room with gorgeous views with a big enough table to seat everyone. The whole house is beautifully decorated and furnished to give a real family feeling to it.