House in Belfort-sur-Rebenty, Nr. Quillan, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Very Peaceful Location In The Heart Of Cathar Country
Le Chalet is situated overlooking the village of Belfort-sur-Rebenty. It is close to Quillan 20km, Carcassone 50km, the coast at Perpignan 80km. Shops and restaurants close by at 5km. The local ski slopes of Camurac are about 15 mins drive, with Andorra about 1hr 40mins. Le Chalet is the ideal place to get away from it all. You can relax in the sun or enjoy a swim or take part in water sports at the lake at Belcaire. Or in winter you can go skiing or snowboarding on the snowy slopes nearby. The location of Le chalet is an ideal base for outdoor activity holiday at anytime of year, particularly as you won't have to travel far from your own doorstep to discover rugged landscapes that were tailor made for hiking, cycling, horse riding and lakes and rivers that provide fishing, kayaking and whitewater rafting. This is a fascinating corner of Languedoc with so many recreational pastimes for anyone with a love of the great outdoors.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Eduarda from Portugal "You have a truly beautiful house. We enjoyed our stay very much, especially sitting the jacuzzi surrounded by snow!"
P.P from Ireland "We had a fantastic holiday. It is so peaceful. A fantastic place to get away from it all. Can't wait to go again."
W.B from France " Our summer holidays were great, there is so much to see and do in this area of France, we will have to go back again."
Activity and Interests
There is a swimming lake in Belcaire 5km drive. This is a lovely clean lake with a sandy shore. There is also a swimming lake at Puivert. The coast is approx 1.5hr drive.
Ferries run daily to Roscoff, Le Harve, Cherbourg, Caen and Calais. The motorway is excellent and Le Chalet can be reached in 8 or 9 hours. However, there is a wide choice of airports serviced by low cost airlines. Perpignan 1.5hrs approx, Carcassonne 1hr approx, Toulouse 1.5 hrs, Girona 2hrs, Barcelona 2.5hrs. All the major car rental companies operate from these airports. A car is essential to make the most of your holiday in the Pyrenees..
Nearest village with shops and pharmacy. Espezel 5 min drive.
Belcaire 10 mins drive. Quillan is the nearest town with a choice of restaurants and large supermarkets, ie SuperU. This is a 20 min drive.
Belcaire 10 mins drive has a bank, hotel, patisserie, bar, butchers, swimming lake and tennis courts.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Once we have been contacted with a booking request, we will reserve the house for the dates requested for one week pending receipt by us of a 20% non refundable booking deposit. The balance will be payable at least 8 weeks prior to
the start of the holiday period, together with a 300 euros security deposit against breakages and damage. This will be refunded in full within 10 days of departure, subject to inspection.
Changeover days are flexible except for July and August when it is Saturdays only. Access on day of arrival from 3pm and return of key by 10am on date of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices for the property are per week and are in Pounds Sterling.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1. Main bathroom with bath, over head shower and bidet with Bedroom 2. Separate toilet. Shower room with toilet shared between bedroom 3 and 4.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, en-suite. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with double bed. 2 pullout beds for children.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house has gas central heating. There is also a plentiful supply of logs for the fire if required. The house is laid out over three floors, with stairs leading up to the third level and down to the lower level with garage and sauna. The house is suitable for children but as with all small/young children, care should be taken with stairs and steps. The garage contains a pool table, a small gym and there are four bicycles for holidaymakers use. Outside: The gardens around the house are very private. The jacuzzi can take 8 people and the sauna can take 8 people. There is a brick built barbecue outdoors. There is also a basketball net. The lower part of the garden can be used for games, shuttlecock, football etc. Utility Room: Tall freezer, new washing machine, ironing board and iron, clothes horse, storage cupboards, entrance to cave. Access to outside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedlinen are included in the price. The property will be cleaned and towels and linen changed between visits. Other: The jacuzzi is located outside and is extremely private. The sauna is located in the garage. The house is surrounded on three sides by a balcony which can be accessed from the kitchen/living room and bedroom 2. This has an outdoor dining table and chairs.