3 Bedroom, 3 bathroom villa in quiet residential area 15 minutes walk to village centre
This beautiful villa is tastefully decorated in cool neutral shades and furnished with a subtle mix of modern and turkish styles. The light and airy ground floor is open plan with a large sitting room area, fitted kitchen and dining area and a ground floor wc. A marble staircase leads to the first floor where there are 2 double bedrooms, both having en-suite shower rooms. The large master bedroom has a door, and bedroom 2 has a double glazed sliding patio door both leading onto a large balcony with views over kalkan and the bay. The staircase leads on to the second floor which has undergone extensive renovation during the winter of 2014 to incorporate a large twin bedroom with ensuite shower room. The bedroom has a door leading leading onto the newly laid roof terrace with magnificent views over kalkan, the bay and islands beyond. Outside there is a large terrace giving ample areas of sun and shade with sunbeds and parasols, a pergola and a large pool. The upper terrace is fenced and gated for safety, with 3 steps down to the pool area it is furnished with table and chairs for alfresco dining.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely villa, clean and well located.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Kalkan and stay at Villa Miraj.Would definitely consider returning. Lovely villa well maintained excellent views M&H (July'11)
We loved the pool area and all the additional seating around the various balconies was great,very comfy and totally relaxing.The rooftop area was great to sit at night and watch the stars with a g&t! We were spoilt for choice.The villa itself was very comfortable definitely home from home you have everything covered, just a pity you only had 10 days available A&D (Aug'11)
Fabulous!This was our 3rd visit to Kalkan and Villa Miraj is by far the best that we’ve ever stopped in. We wanted a relaxing holiday and we had exactly that. L&P (Sept'11)
Great Villa wonderful views and the pool was great to cool off in Good experience from the booking to the holiday Thank you. (Rebooked for 2013!) G&Y (July'12)
A lovely villa spotlessly clean, superb pool area a totally relaxing experience. D&J (July'12)
We absolutely loved Villa Miraj. It was the nicest, cleanest villa we have stayed in with the best views! We loved every minute of our stay there and would happily go back. A&V (July 2013)
1st class again great Villa and holiday would we book again oh yes!!! (Rebooked for 2014: 3rd year running!)) (G&Y July 2013)
Our two weeks at Villa Miraj were as wonderful as we had hoped. Penny rents
her sunny home so it was comfortable and had all we needed. Relaxing by the
pool was certainly a tonic for a well earned rest. Beautiful view from the
roof terrace, a perfect place for an early evening G&T before walking into
town for dinner. Guaranteed, we will be returning. J&N (Aug 2013)
This is my second visit to Villa Miraj and as ever it is a lovely place to unwind and relax! It is quiet and set back from the village but is an easy walk downhill, so just right for us! We felt much looked after as it was just me and my 2 daughters and any worries we had were dealt with by calling Gareth who was always pleasant and helpful. I’m sure we will return again to Villa Miraj, love it! (G,C&A July 2014)
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely villa, clean and well located.
Great location, very clean, nice touch with essential food items and great to be provided with pool towels. Kalkan as wonderful as ever, fingers crossed that business can pick up for the lovely local folk in years to come.
The perfect place to stay in Kalkan
The perfect place to stay in Kalkan. The villa was beautiful and had everything we needed, plus lots of extras which made our holiday totally stress free.
The pool was wonderful, the outdoor area was perfect for sitting around during the day and for evening meals, and the views from the two balconies have to be some of the best in Kalkan.
Already recommended to lots of friends and family, and if we come back to Kalkan we definitely hope to stay here again.
Lovely Villa and Good location
We sent 12 nights at Villa Miraj - the location is good, 15 minutes to the town, downhill! Good size villa, well presented and a lovely pool - would recommend.
Fantastic villa we loved our stay here,
From the first contact with Penny about our holiday she has been great and any questions were answered promptly, the booking process was very smooth and easy & even booked our transfers for us too!
The villa is very clean and set out well, the kitchen has everything you need for self catering but we went out a lot to the fantastic restaurants kalkan has to offer, all the rooms were spot on & the new top room is a great addition to the villa, with great views of kalkan too from all the rooms, the pool area is spacious and probably gets the most sun in kalkan from early morning until late into the evening!
Gareth & the cleaning team were great and we couldn't have asked for more, we would highly recommend this villa & would book another stay here!
Home from home
Villa Miraj is a beautiful, clean and well maintained villa with a real home from home feel. It has everything you need for the perfect, relaxing and stress free holiday. The pool area is spacious and has stunning views overlooking the bay and Kalkan. We received an excellent personal service from the owner when booking.
Thank you for an amazing holiday, we can’t wait to return to Villa Miraj!
Activity and Interests
Kalkan has a small pebble beach which is a 15 minute walk away. Kaputas beach is a 10 minute drive, this is a beautiful but small beach with no facilities and around 100 steps down. Patara beach is around 15 minute drive away, this is a stunning sandy beach that goes on for miles. Sun loungers and umbrellas are available for hire in certain areas and there is a small snack bar. There is a 5TL admission fee due to it being part of an archaeological site.
The nearest airport is Dalaman and the transfer takes approximately 1 hour 40 minutes by car. Kalkan can also be reached by Antalya airport and transfers from here take approximately 3 hours. There are several reliable local companies for airport transfers and I can give further details if required. Car hire is available but not necessary as the villa is in walking distance of all Kalkan's amenities. For travelling further afield there are regular bus/dolmus services and taxis.
The villa is a 15 minute walk into the village centre and the harbour. The nearest towns are Kas approximately 27km and Fethiye approximately 85km, both easily accessible by dolmus or taxi.
Kalkan is an attractive fishing village with narrow cobbled streets and whitewashed bougainvillea covered buildings. There is an attractive harbour where many an hour can be spent with a cool drink watching the boats coming in and out. The village boasts over 100 restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets, many of which are on rooftop terraces overlooking the harbour and islands beyond. Although there is a small pebble beach, Kalkan boasts several beach clubs, these are purpose built platforms with steps into the sea and have sun loungers and umbrellas to hire, many have restaurants and bars and some also have canoes, water trampolines ringos etc, some are quiet and relaxing and others more lively. If you wish to venture further afield there are several companies organising trips to places of interest. It is also easy to hire a boat and crew for a lazy day at sea, either privately or as part of a group, just speak to the boatmen in the harbour.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 31 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit to secure (non-refundable). Balance to be paid no less than 6 weeks before arrival.
No preferred changeover day we try to be as flexible as possible.
Notes on prices:
Price is for the property per week in UK pounds. There will be a 10% reduction if the villa is occupied by just 2 people.
A 20% deposit is required to reserve dates. The balance is due no less than 6 weeks before travel. All payments are payable via PayPal.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, Bidet
- The ground floor has a newly refitted wc and wash hand basin.The master has been refitted with shower, wc and wash hand basin. Bed 2 has shower, wc and wash hand basin. Bed 3 has a newly fitted shower, wc and wash hand basin. All wc's have a bidet fitting
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 has a king size bed, bed 2 has a double bed. Both have an ensuite shower room and access to a balcony with beautiful sea views. The top floor has a large twin bedroom with ensuite shower room and door to the roof terrace with magnificent sea views.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There is a large air-conditioning unit on the open plan ground floor, all 3 bedrooms also have air-conditioning units. These can also be used as heaters if necessary. There are also 4 large portable fans Please Note: The villa has undergone substantial refurbishment to the upper floor during the winter of 2014 to incorporate a new twin bedroom and ensuite shower room. Ther flooring to the ground floor has also been replaced and upgraded and the downstairs cloakroom has been completely refitted. Outside: Outside there is a good sized swimming pool with Roman steps into the water, surrounded by a large terrace with a covered pergola giving ample areas of sun and shade, it is furnished with 6 sun beds and 2 parasols. There is an upper terrace area furnished with marble topped table and chairs for alfresco dining, this has 3 steps down to the pool terrace so has been fenced and gated for safety. There is also a garden area to the side and rear of the villa with trees, bushes, cacti and herbs. The bedroom balcony is furnished with table and chairs, perfect for early morning tea or coffee while watching the boats leaving the harbour. The roof terrace has 2 cosy sofas and a coffee table enabling guests to sit and enjoy the magnificent view and perfect for watching the sunset and shooting stars long into the evening. Utility Room: The washing machine and laundry equipment is discretely housed in the bathroom of bedroom 3. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels (including pool towels) are included as is twice weekly cleaning. The pool and grounds are maintained daily. There is a British maintenance manger who will meet you on arrival is easily contactable in the unlikley event of a problem. Other: The property has 3 large water storage tanks with electric pump for use in the event of occasional water shortages or reduced pressure.