Holiday Home near Staithes / Whitby, North Yorkshire - Peaceful Location, 2 Miles From Staithes
This is an extremely comfortable, 2 bedroomed cottage that has been converted to the highest standard, offering well-equipped modern facilites with underfloor heating and a log burning stove situated in a peaceul and secluded location, for a relaxing holiday. Ideal holiday for walkers and dogs and for people that just want to get away from it all. The scenic fishing village of Staithes is only 2 miles away situated on the Cleveland Way, with the beautiful village of Runswick Bay another couple of miles down the coast which also takes you in the direction of the Captain Cook's town of Whitby with 3 miles of sandy beach. Guisborough, Pickering and Kirby Moorside are nearby, and enjoy a family day out at Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo. Golf, fishing and horse riding are within a short drive. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
About the Owner
We are Adrian and Amanda with our three children Amy, Robert and Sam and Ella our dog. We all helped in lovingly converting this former Blacksmith's garage into a beautiful 2 bedroomed cottage with en-suite facilities off each bedroom. It has the luxury of underfloor heating and a log burner perfect for relaxing in front of after a full days exploring the stunning North York Moors National Park areas and Yorkshire Coast close by. We welcome pets (2 medium sized dogs maximum) at our property as it is an ideal area for dogs as we are surrounded in fields and pathways with no traffic nearby. The views are stunning from our property and look over the picturesque fishing village of Staithes and out to sea. We have tried to make sure your stay here is memorable with well-equipped facilities.
From the Owner
“Springhouse Cottage used to be a Blacksmiths garage which had been left empty and untouched for 35 years. We decided we would convert it into a two bedroomed cottage to a standard we would only be happy with. We converted it ourselves and it took just 6 months from start to finish but was well worth it as it is situated in a beautiful part of the world with breathtaking views over countryside and out to sea. It is situated on the Yorkshire Coast near the quaint fishing village of Staithes, but in the middle of nowhere and is so tranquil but ideal for walking and dog lovers.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach 2 miles away at Staithes or a lovely quiet beach is located 3 miles the other direction at Skinningrove.
The nearest airport is Durham Tees Valley (1 hour) or Newcastle Airport (1 Hour 30 Mins). The coast bus from Middlesbrough to Whitby stops at Easington and is a 20 mins walk from the cottage. The moor bus from Middlesbrough to Whitby stops at Scaling Dam and is a 30 mins walk from the cottage.
2 miles to Staithes, 5 miles to Runswick Bay, 13 miles to Whitby, 20 miles to Middlesbrough, 20 miles to Robin Hoods Bay and 35 miles to Scarborough.
Nearest supermarket is either Co-operative in Staithes or Co-operative in Loftus. Staithes is the nearest for restaurants, pubs etc. Loftus leisure centre has a brilliant swimming pool, squash and other activities.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
Deposit is £100 paid by cheque when booking is made and a following cheque for the remaining balance is due 1 month before the holiday date.
A security deposit of £50 is payable on arrival either by cash or cheque
Saturday is changover, weekly bookings only
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
2 well behaved dogs are allowed at no extra charge as long as they are well behaved and no extra cleaning is required when they leave
£100 deposit when booking and then final balance 8 weeks before the holiday date
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Although the cottage is in a very peaceful location in the countryside, it is within easy reach of the North York Moors National Park areas and also of the beautiful coastal resorts of Whitby, Sandsend, Runswick Bay and Staithes.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath and shower above, sink, WC, heated towel rail and shaver point. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, sink,WC and heated towel rail. Cloakroom downstairs with sink and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite bathroom and walk in wardrobe. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and en-suite bedroom.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Patio doors leading from either living room or kitchen diner onto a private patio area with table, chairs and parasol. Utility Room: Washer dryer, integrated freezer, storage cupboards, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided and are changed on a weekly basis along with the cleaning. A small supply of logs are included and additional logs can be purchased at a cost of £5 per basket. Other: Patio doors leading from either living room or kitchen diner onto a private patio area with table, chairs, parasol and BBQ.