Villa in Azinheiro, Estoi near Moncarapacho, Eastern Algarve - Peaceful Location And Excellent Privacy, 11kms From Fuzeta Beach, 20 Kms From Faro Airport
Quiet and peaceful villa near the hilltop village of Azinheiro, 11 km from lovely Fuzeta beach and 20 km from Faro airport. The house offers ample space for 6 people and is an ideal place to relax and unwind. Enjoys spectacular views over the valley to the Atlantic coast , south, and magnificent mountains, north. Fenced property with gate. The nearest town is Moncarapacho, 5 kms away, with a beautiful square where you can find bars, restaurants, at very reasonable prices, banks, post office, internet cafe, chemist, doctors, fresh fruit and veg. market. Inside the villa is traditionally furnished in a Portuguese style , with access onto a cosy terrace overlooking the inviting private swimming pool and the beautiful Algarvian countryside. The kitchen is fully equipped. There are two attractive ground floor bedrooms, a twin, plus a double walking onto the terrace and swimming pool. These share a full bathroom. Upstairs, is the master bedroom with en-suite bathroom with magnificent views.
About the Owner
Now I am retired, but I worked as Travel Agent in British Companies and lately, as a hotelier in one hotel which belong to the Le Méridien Chain. My husband worked in a Bank and we live in the town Faro - Algarve. We have one son and one daughter, both adults. We come from the Algarve where we have framily and friends, but we also like to travel and make friends wherever we go. The property is personally managed by us and we will be more than pleased to meet you upon arrival at the villa and furnish you any information and advice on the best places to visit to help to make your holiday as much enjoyable as possible. We speak Portuguese, English, French, Spanish.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Such a lovely villa So many lovely touches & thought put to everything Very confortable & everything we need Thank you to Maria & family for helping to make our holiday so enjoyable Beautiful views, particularly the sunsets Stunning! The time we have spent here was really great The owners of the house are very friendly and helpful The house is well equipped & very confortable Evenings are charming especially because of breethtaking view of Faro. Lovely balance of peaceful tranquility & getting across Algarve relatively quickly The villa was very well equipped & safe with stunning sunsets A great location & wonderful holiday. Had a lovely relaxing stay in Casa S Miguel Loved the security & privacy Deceptive in location it is actually quite close to plenty of towns Enjoyed our holiday & will recommend house. We had a really nice time & the villa was beautiful very well equipped & in a very nice location Definately hope to return again. Wonderful relaxing week Will return.
From the Owner
“It is a quiet place, where we enjoy excellent privacy, with beautiful views from the sea and the mountains. It is a peaceful and calm location but very easy to get everywhere. We get across the Algarve relatively quickly. The evenings are charming especially because of breathtaking view of Faro and we can also enjoy stunning sunsets. There is a neighboring house some 200m away, a snack-bar and a mini market in the nearest village 1.5km from the villa. Restaurants just minutes away and a day out at the beach can be enjoyed at the lovely long uncrowded white sandy beach of Fuzeta, a manageable 11kms distant. A little closer, the port town of Olhão has some fabulous fish restaurants and has a ferry service to superb beaches on the delightful off-shore islands.”
Activity and Interests
The local and nearest beach is Fuzeta, a lovely long uncrowded white sandy beach island, 11 kms away, 10 minutes drive. A little closer, the port town of Olhão has a ferry service to superb beaches on the delightful off-shore islands, Armona, Culatra and Farol. The new marina in Olhão also deserves a visit. Water taxi and small boat trips can easily take you to Ria Formosa Nature Reserve.
Faro airport, within 20 Kms away. Car is essential.
The nearest small village is Azinheiro, 1.5 Km, has a snack-bar and a mini market. Estoi, a nice village, is 7 Kms away, famous for its Roman Ruins of Milreu, bank, church, doctor, chemist, restaurants and a luxurious new Inn installed in the famous XVIII Century Palace. Moncarapacho, small rural town, 5 Kms away.
Faro the capital of the Algarve is about 15 Kms away with Market, Monuments, shops, banks, doctors, hospitals and the best shopping Center of the Algarve (Forum).
Moncarapacho, 5 kms away - local market on 1st Sunday of the month. Estoi, 7 Kms away - local market on 2nd Sunday of the month. Olhão 10Kms away fruit and vegetable market every Saturday morning. Large supermarkets as Modelo, Plus and Lidl. Fuzeta 11Km away - Interesting car-boot near the beach of Fuzeta where you will find some unusual items. A little further to the East, Tavira is a lovely town where you find everything you may need and has one of the best beaches in the Algarve, Tavira Island. Ayamonte, the border of Spain, 30 minutes drive from the villa, has a local market, every Saturday morning.
Moncarapacho has a beautiful square with excellent Bars and Restaurants at reasonable prices. Here you will find bank, post office, internet cafe, chemist, doctors, a few well stocked mini-marts open every day from 8.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. In Olhão there is a marina and shopping centre with Free Wi-Fi Zones.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 30% of the total amount, is required on booking with the balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival, or immediately if booking is made within 6 weeks of departure date. A breakage deposit of €100 (payable with your balance) refundable after satisfactory inspection.
Changeover day, preferably Thursday, but we are flexible, within availability. To allow for cleaning on change over days, please vacate by 10 am and occupation on arrival 4 pm.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros. Discounts available for less than 6 persons.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Casa S. Miguel is escapism in a big way! It nestles atop one of the Algarve's highest points with spectacular views sweeping southwards to the ocean in the south and across the valley to the hills which flank the Algarve's northern limits. The villa is set in its own grounds, with sand and rock gardens falling away beneath the swimming pool, and flanked by a hillside clad with olive trees.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- En-suite full bathroom to bedroom 1. Bath with shower, bidet, WC, hand basin with fitted cupboards and marble top. Large mirror. Bathroom 2, bath with shower, bidet, WC, hand basin with fitted cupboards with top in marble. Large mirror.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, upstairs, with double bed, (2 x 1,60 ), with en-suite bathroom. Large door accessing the terrace, where you can enjoy magnificent views to the Atlantic and mountains Bedroom 2 with double bed (2x1,60). Overlooks pool Bedroom 3 with twin bed
- Notes on accommodation: The villa has generous areas. On the ground floor there are two rooms, bathroom, kitchen and an ample open plan sitting/dining room with access onto the swimming pool. On the first floor is the master room with en-suite bathroom and a great terrace with fabulous views from the ocean and from the mountains. Mosquito screens are provided. Comfort quality mattresses. Cotton towels, cotton (ironed) bed linen. Smoking is not permitted inside the villa. Discounts available for less than 6 persons. Outside: The villa is set in a plot with 2.000 sq.meters, securely fenced with entrance closed gate, safe for children. It has sand/rock gardens and plenty of fruit trees around. The villa has 3 terraces. 1 upstairs, where you can rest in perfect privacy and 2 on the ground floor. These last 2 have outdoor furniture, dining table and chairs. There is a private swimming pool, unfenced, for sole use of guests, 4x8 (depth 0,80 to 2 m.). In the swimming pool area sun loungers and umbrellas are provided. BBQ nearby the pool. Utility Room: It has electric boiler , washing machine, iron, ironing board and cleaning materials. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly maid cleaning service, change of linen and towels (once a week ) as well as pool and garden maintenance is inclusive of our all told price. No hidden extras. The pool is cleaned and water tested twice a week. Other: The 2 ground floor terraces are furnished with dining tables plus chairs. Sun loungers and umbrellas are also provided in the swimming pool area. BBQ is near the swimming pool. Beach towels supplied, on request.