Waterfront Home, Leisure Isle, Knysna, Garden Route, South Africa - Superb Views in Peaceful and Private Setting
Located on the waterfront on Leisure Isle with superb views of the lagoon and the famous Knysna Heads, this property is unusual in that it is totally secluded from passing onlookers. Sit back and enjoy the views or live by the tide, swimming when the tide is in either directly in front of the house or a short 300m walk to the famous Bollard Bay beach. When the tide is out, walk on the sand flats around the island or to the East Head Cafe. Leisure Isle has an excellent reputation for security and this is a house where you can simply sit back and relax. Golfer's are spoilt for choice with a number of famous courses including Pezula and Simola nearby.
About the Owner
We are a late middle aged family with 2 young adult children. Although we have lived in England for many years, we were both born in South Africa and love Knysna.
From the Owner
“We bought this house in 2005 and love being in Knysna. From coffee in bed in the morning to sun downers on the terrace, we never tire of the views. There is so much to do without having to get in a car. However if you want to drive off, you are in the heart of the Garden Route. Play golf, visit the Knysna Elephant Park, walk Freatherbed, take a cruise through the heads or imbibe the atmosphere of Knysna town or its waterfront. Although the house expands for large groups, its layout makes it equally comfortable if there are just 2 of you, making it ideal for retired couples escaping the European winter.”
Activity and Interests
Swim in front of the house at high tide (no dry sand).
Bollard Bay beach (sandy beach, on the lagoon, wonderful for children) 300 metres. Buffels Bay (surfing) 27km. Noetzie 12km (plus walk down to beach). Plettenberg Bay 35km.
George Airport (GRJ) just under 1 hour away. Good connections to Johannesburg (JNB).
Cape Town Airport (CPT) about 5 hours drive away.
Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ) about 3 hours away.
Knysna town centre 6km. Lots of restaurants and vibrant waterfront.
Telescope provided for guest use to watch boats going through the heads etc. (Please be careful and control children). Watch the tourists visiting Featherbed Bay nature reserve directly opposite the house and then take a tour yourself from the Knysna Waterfront. This is our family holiday home which we let out to careful visitors.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Jul 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £16 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owners by email.
Changeover dates usually flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per day for up to 6 people. Minimum rental 5 days except during mid Jan to March when it is 14 days. For groups above 6, add 12% per additional person per day
Exact rates and payment terms agreed when booking is confirmed. Booking deposit of 25% payable on booking and balance 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Unlike the majority of waterfront houses on Leisure Isle, our house, front lawn and terrace are wonderfully secluded.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has private bathroom with bath, shower, WC. Family bathroom with bath, shower, WC. Guest WC. Flat: en-suite shower and WC. Lower level Garden room: En-suite shower and WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Adjacent to bathroom. Effectively en-suite
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 4 Single Bed, Attic
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, Flat Bedroom
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (3 Bedrooms in house plus Attic bedroom plus Flat) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 6ft double bed and bathroom. Bedroom 2 with 5ft double bed. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds. Open plan attic bedroom with 4 single beds. Flat: living room, en-suite bedroom with 2x3ft beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Underfloor heating in winter. Satellite TV (HD and twin decoder) installed but not normally active over winter. Can be activated by arrangement. Flat panel 32" TV and DVD player. Music center with iPod cable. Outside: Private lawn overlooking lagoon with direct access from living room and covered terrace. Secluded rear garden down some steps from the north facing terrace. Flat on same level as house and accessed from north terrace. Garden room accessed from rear garden down 1 level from main house and is a converted former basement garage and store room Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: House cleaned once per week on Wednesday (and between lets). Linen and towels included (not beach towels). Other: BBQ, 3 sun-loungers plus terrace furniture for enjoying the outdoors. Double garage stores owners boating equipment and is not available for use by tenants. Off street parking for 2 cars in front of garage.