Townhouse in Parque da Floresta, Western Algarve, Portugal - Panoramic Views Of Golf Course And Countryside/Pools/Spa And Leisure Facilities
Superb South Facing Townhouse located in the award winning Parque da Floresta golf village. Idyllically situated between the fabulous coastline and the Costa Vincentina Nature Reserve in the peaceful and unspoilt Western Algarve, in a purpose built golf and leisure holiday resort. Our modern 2-bedroomed 2-bathroom townhouse enjoys an elevated position with stunning views over the golf course and the beautiful countryside and provides family sized accommodation suitable for both golfers and non-golfers, including families with children of all ages. Equipped with high quality furnishings and appliances including 42" LCD satellite TV with English free view channels. Fully equipped kitchen. Our patio, lawn, balcony and private roof terrace with sun loungers are ideal for enjoying the sun. Air-conditioned for summer. Heating and wood burning stove for cosy winter evenings. Choice of 4 heated swimming pools with loungers and a paddling pool dotted around the golf village very close to house.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We enjoy family holidays in our comfortable, spacious Townhouse. Our 5 year old son absolutely loves to holiday here and has been over 14 times since his first trip at 4 months old. We will be making 2 trips out here in 2013.
Guestbook comments from the owner
J&W Leburn August 2010
We had a wonderful holiday staying at your house–it is truly magnificent and provides everything you need for a perfect holiday.The situation is fantastic and the views from the terrace and the roof terrace are fantastic.The furnishings are lovely and the house provides a very high standard of accommodation.We enjoyed evenings at the house eating on the terrace.We would not hesitate in recommending the house as a wonderful relaxing place to stay where you can appreciate the beautiful surroundings.
H Smithson & I Kendall June2010
We had a great week in this lovely house, so close to the golf, super beaches and restaurants.Avril arranged the golf for us and really we had everything we needed to make this a really chilled and relaxing holiday.Many thanks.
W & L Light May2010
The best equipped accommodation we have stayed in.Luxurious, spacious-all of the very highest standard.Stunning views over golf course, very well located for superb restaurants and beaches.
2 holidaymaker reviews
A beautiful house in a beautiful location
We had a wonderful holiday in this beautiful town house and would very much like to return again one day. It is modern, light and airy, extremely well equipped, really home from home. Added extas that really made a difference for us, having 2 teenagers, were the wifi and satellite tv, plus two bathrooms. The fully fitted kitchen had everthing you could possibly need and the added extra of washing machine certainly helps. Having both a balcony and roof terrace was wonderful, both have fantastic views over the golf course. The complex itself is very quite, clean and very pretty. There are several pools to choose from which were again all quiet when we were there at the end of July and it was never a problem getting a sunbed. You do need a car however as Salema is too far to walk to, but only a 5 min drive. There are several good restaurants there to choose from and a beautiful beach. Lagos and Sagres are well worth a visit, and we can certainly recommend the dolphin trip at Sagres. It was a wonderful, relaxing holiday in a quiet, laid back and uncommercial area of the Algarve. The weather was just about right too, around 30-31 degrees, with a constant lovely breeze. I would certainly recommend this town house, it ticks every box for a perfect holiday in perfect surroundings.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with this remote corner of Europe, with its many wonderful uncrowded beaches, beautiful natural countryside, quaint village relaxed atmosphere and reasonably priced, good quality restaurants. We were also enamoured with the friendly locals, who warmly welcome British visitors and make a fuss of our son. We love having the tranquility and beauty of this National Park area, whilst still being close to Lagos, where we visit the Marina and Old Town. We like that we can travel for a days outing to a waterpark or Zoomarine for added excitement, but breathe a relaxing sigh as we return to our peaceful base in the Algarve.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The resort boasts a luxurious Health and Beauty Spa providing indulgent treatments with exclusive products from Clarins, Guinot and Comfort Zone, indoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and excercise studio. In addition, there is a Championship Bowling Green, tennis, football academy and Childrens Clubs (additional charge). Childrens playground near to Spa. Mountain biking, scuba diving, horse riding and boat cruises can be organised through reception.
Numerous scenic walks are available in the vicinity.
Near by is the Autodromo which regulary has super bikes, Le Mans series, World Touring Car Championship, FIA GT Championship and formula 1 testing.
Power boat racing in Portimao. Surfing, windsurfing and Kitesurfing are all available at nearby beaches.
Just 5-15 mins drive to a wide variety of fabulous coves and beaches, some with great beach bars, cafes, restaurants and watersports. The closest, Salema, only a 5 min drive, is a small traditional Algarve fishing village with a long, sandy, gently sloping beach and a number of delightful seafront and village restaurants. The west coast beaches are more rugged and dramatic with vast areas of nearly deserted sand with views over the cascading Atlantic. Ideal for surfers. Approx 20-30 mins drive.
Journey time from Faro Airport is approx 1hr. The journey is mainly on a quiet motorway. Car hire is available at the airport and recommended. For evenings out taxis are easily available.
Historical Lagos at 15km is the closest town.
Sagres to the west is another historic town and the home of the famous Cape St Vincent, Europe's most westerly point - 15km.
Aljezur on the west coast is approx 20 mins drive.
Monchique mountains are about 45 mins drive.
Autodromo – approx 30 mins drive.
Budens village is a short walk from the house with O'Tiago's restaurant and a small bakery which has great cakes, croissants etc. There is a very well stocked supermarket which also sells some British foods. There is a petrol station at the supermarket. Internet access is available in the house, extra charge payable at reception. Cash point machines are situated at the main Parque Da Floresta reception and at the supermarket in Budens. There are banks in nearby Luz and in Lagos. Many idyllic restaurants within close driving distance.
The historic town of Lagos, with its beautiful cobbled streets lined with shops, cafes, bars and restaurants, is just 15-20 mins drive away. There are several large supermarkets and an indoor fish market and fruit/vegetable market. Lagos is steeped in history and culture and well worth a visit both day and night. Lively Lagos marina boasts many bars and restaurants, and is an ideal place to enjoy the sun through to sunset. Daily dolphin watching trips, grotto trips, deep sea fishing, surfing, sailing and speedboat trips are all available from the marina. Lagos also has 5 great beaches. Watersports facilities are available at Meia Praia beach, which curves around the large bay stretching to the Alvor estuary where kite surfing is popular.
Activities in area include scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, horse riding, mountain bike hire, tennis, bowling, kids clubs all of which can be booked through resort reception. Water parks, Zoomarine and Zoo de Lagos are all close by.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
27 Aug 2016 - 21 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact the owner direct. 25% deposit required on booking and full payment 8 weeks prior to arrival. Discounts available for longer stays. Non smoking and no pets. 40% discount on golf. Cot, high chair, stairgate and bed guard available for no extra charge.
We are very flexible on changeover day.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in UK pounds per week. Discounts available for stays of 14 nights and for long lets - please contact us for details.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our Townhouse has been issued with an "Alojamento Local", a license required and issued by the authorities in Portugal which certifies that the property meets the legal standard in respect of safety, electrical wiring, fire hazards, comfort and hygiene. Our house is child-friendly, with a large hall for pushchairs, all lounge/dining on one level and safety netting, and we had bathroom heaters installed for added warmth for little ones during cooler months. It was important for us to have a south-facing house so that the main terrace catches the sun from early morning right through to when it dips down behind the hills at night. It is great to be able to BBQ or just dine al fresco in the sun for breakfast, lunch and evening meal. We even have drinks/food outside in Christmas holidays.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 including wc, bidet, bath with shower, vanity unit, shaver point, heated towel rail and bathroom heater. Main bathroom including wc, bidet, bath with shower, vanity unit, shaver point, heated towel rail and bathroom heater.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king sized bed, dressing table, fitted mirrored wardrobes in separate dressing area. En-suite bathroom. French doors to covered patio area. Bedroom 2 with two single beds and fitted mirrored wardrobes. French doors to private lawn area.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our house has a large entrance hall, which is suitable for leaving pushchairs, car seats etc. Our house has the advantage of having the entrance hall, kitchen, lounge, dining and large terrace areas all on the same level, making it suitable for young families. As the stairs lead down to the bedrooms from the hall, we can provide a stairgate if required. Balconies are fitted with child safety netting. There is a grassed area from the bedroom which is a nice outside space suitable for young children to play or for adults to play shuttlecock and a covered terrace from the other bedroom providing shade for babies and small children. There is air conditioning/heating to lounge/dining room and both bedrooms. There is a wood burning stove for cosy winter evenings in. Additionally, there are heated towel rails and above-the-door heaters in both bathrooms which keep the bathrooms nice and warm for babies and young children's bathtimes. Selection of books, games, DVDs and CDs. Outside: Table and 6 chairs on the balcony terrace accessed from the Living/dining room which is fitted with child safety netting. Gas Barbecue on the Terrace for carefree cooking whilst you enjoy a drink in the sun. Stairs lead off this to the large roof terrace with two sun loungers. The roof terrace has spectacular 360 degree views over the golf course, resort and countryside. Private lawn and covered terrace outside bedrooms. Sun loungers are available around all 3 of the heated shared pools. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Luxury bed linen and towels provided. Prices inc preparation and departure clean and a changeover clean inc towels and bed linen after 7 days. Additional maid service during your stay can be arranged in advance. Other: Large entrance hall, kitchen, lounge, dining and large terrace areas are all on the same level. High Chair, Stair gate & travel cot available at no extra charge.