Villa in Knysna, Garden Route, South Africa - Prime Location, Spectacular Views of the Indian Ocean, Surrounding Golf Course and Mountains
With its spectacular views over the Indian Ocean, the surrounding golf course and the Outeniqua mountains, Ocean House offers accommodation of the very highest standard. The accommodation comprises 2 double and 2 twin bedrooms all with en-suite bathroom or shower-room, galleried landing, double volume open plan dining and living area, television area with satellite TV, fully fitted kitchen, utility room, BBQ/garden room, heated pool and double garage. The outside areas include landscaped gardens, BBQ room deck, and pool terrace, providing a choice of idyllic settings for alfresco dining.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful House, wonderful view, enjoyed our stay and would love to come back some day. Lorna & Risto - Ontario, Canada
Fabulous relaxing holiday in a lovely house with fantastic views. Mike & Lisa Fountaine & family - Bucks, UK
The house and views are stunning, we even saw whales from the patio! Gina & Fred - Dorset, UK
Wonderful villa, fantastic location, and a great experience. We will be back. Haimes & Fisher families - Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
Activity and Interests
This area is a paradise for nature lovers, the vast Knysna lagoon offers many activities including sailing canoeing, fishing and water skiing. Within the estate there is exclusive access to "The Cove" via some steep steps. There is a gently shelving sandy beach within the lagoon on Leisure Isle a 10 minute drive away. Stunning sandy beaches on the Indian Ocean at Noetzie, Brenton on Sea, Buffels Bay and Plettenberg Bay offer exciting surfing and other activities all within a 30 minute drive.
Knysna is located some 500 kilometres from Cape Town, 200 from Port Elizabeth and 60 from George all of which have international airports. Access to Knysna by car is via the N2 which links the whole of the Southern Cape. Bus services also link Knysna with these major cities/towns. We would recommend however that when staying at Ocean House a hire car is essential to make the most of your stay.
The centre of Knysna is a 10 minute drive away with its excellent restaurants, shops, art galleries, banks and the Knysna Waterfront where boat trips and sailing in the lagoon and beyond are available. There are also numerous superb golf courses within easy reach these include Knysna, Simola, Goose Valley, Plettenberg Bay and George including the world famous Fancourt Golf Club. All these courses are between a 10 minute and 1 hour's drive.
The surrounding indigenous forest has numerous marked trails for hiking and mountain biking. Other activities include abseiling, ballooning and paragliding to name but a few. Between June and December look out for the majestic whales that visit these shores and which can be seen from Ocean House. The Southern Cape is malaria free and there are game lodges and safari experiences all along the Garden Route but particularly in the Eastern Cape near to Port Elizabeth.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
7 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
10 Apr 2017 - 22 Apr 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
17 Dec 2017 - 6 Jan 2018
8 night minimum stay
for 8 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
1) A 25% deposit is required at time of booking.
2) The balance is payable 8 weeks prior to occupation. This is non-refundable.
3) We require a security deposit of £200
4) Ocean House is self-catering.
5) Bath and hand towels and bed linen are changed once a week.
6) Further cleaning services can be arranged at your cost
6) Pool towels are not provided
7) No pets.
8) We recommend that you purchase travel insurance that will cover the cost of your rental should you need to cancel.
Flexible changeover day. Minimum rental 2 nights. Check in after 14.00 and checkout by 10.00.
Notes on prices:
We are pleased to take payment in South African Rand, please contact us for deatils.
25% of total to secure booking
Balance plus security deposit due 8 weeks prior to occupation date.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Garage ...
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- The 2 master bedrooms en-suite bathrooms are tiled with sandstone and have separate basin, bath, toilet, walk in shower. The two garden view bedrooms en-suite shower-rooms also benefit from sandstone tiles and have separate basin, toilet, walk in shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, On-suit bathroom - Balcony
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, On-suit bathroom - Balcony
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, On-suit shower room
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, On-suit shower room
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The 2 master double bedrooms are fully carpeted, have fitted wardrobes and own balconies. Views over the golf course and Indian Ocean. Each has an en-suite bathroom. The 2 twin garden view bedrooms are also fully carpeted and have en-suite shower-rooms.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There are panel heaters in each of the bedrooms and main living areas. Additional plug in convector heaters are also available. Please note that the pool does not have a shallow end and children should therefore be supervised at all times. Outside: The outside areas include landscaped gardens, BBQ room, deck, and pool terrace, providing a choice of idyllic settings for alfresco dining. The heated infinity pool appears to flow directly into the sea, and with the panoramic pool terrace and BBQ deck facing south to the ocean and the north facing sheltered garden with its sun loungers and chairs there is always an ideal spot to relax at any time of the day or year. Utility Room: Leading off the kitchen the utility room has a dishwasher, washing machine and separate tumble dryer and has additional fully fitted storage. Provides access to the drying yard and washing line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Hand towels, bath towels and bedlinen are provided and changed on a weekly basis. Please note pool / beach towels are not provided. The house will be fully cleaned before arrival but additional cleaning during your stay can be arranged at your expense. Other: The BBQ room has a large wooden table and 8 wooden chairs from where you can enjoy a tasty meal from our inbuilt BBQ. The room is open to the garden on one side and has patio doors leading onto the extensive deck overlooking the ocean.