Whole house (excluding top floor)
Bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 and 3 with double bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and en-suite. Cottage with double bed and en-suite.
Bathrooms: En-suites 1, 2, and 3 with shower, WC and bidet. Cottage en-suite bathroom with wet room shower and WC suitable for disabled. Ground floor WC.
Kitchen: An attractive, large, spacious, fully equipped, modern kitchen with central island unit with black granite top , big electric oven with rotisserie, gas hob with extractor, large fridge/freezer, dish washer, microwave, ample work surfaces and storage.
Living room: Ground floor open plan, with kitchen leading into spacious dining area for seating 14 which in turn leads into Sitting room with large attractive old brick fireplace enclosing wood burning stove, Comfortably furnished. Satellite TV and DVD player.
This beautiful traditional Italian Farmhouse, Casa delle Querce (The House of Oaks) is built of stone in a grove of mature oaks on a sloping hillside commanding views over the beautiful rural Le Marche countryside with a backdrop of the magnificent Sibillini Mountains. Originally a working farmhouse it has been sympathetically renovated to a high standard. There are 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms 4 en-suite, the 5th bathroom shared by the remaining 2 bedrooms. In addition there is a separate cottage with a small kitchen, bed-sitting room and bathroom suitable for the disabled. The pool with terrace has wonderful expansive views of the beautiful rural countryside and there are several terraced areas for outside living. Set in its own grounds of 1.5 hectares, the villa has a completely private location yet is within a few minutes of the local village and the spectacular Sibillini Mountains National Park is on the doorstep.
About the Owner
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of £500 is required with booking. Balance due 6 weeks prior to occupancy.
Change over day is Saturday. Arrival time is after 4.30pm. Guests are asked to vacate by 10am on the day of departure.
A welcome pack of basic supplies will be present on arrival.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The villa has a completely private location and stands on its own 1.5 hectares surrounded by a securely fenced grassland block of 50 hectares grazed by sheep which produce the famous Pecorino Cheese.
The Adriatic Coast with its warm sea and sandy beaches (many choices) is only 40 minutes drive away. Beaches are well serviced with sun-loungers, cafes, ice-cream parlours, restaurants etc.
For a less accessible beach, there are several beautiful spots beneath the cliffs of Conero Hill, south of Ancona about 50 minutes drive.
Nearest international Airport is Ancona 1 hour's drive. Other airports within striking distance are Pescara 1.75 hours. Rimini 1.75 hours. Perugia 1.75 hours. Rome 3 hours. Car hire is essential and available at all airports. For those intending to drive out, it is a 20+ hour drive from continental channel ports.
Nearest village, Camporotondo is 1km. Nearest town, Tolentino is 8km. Other places of interest are the historic villages of San Ginesio 6km and Sarnarno 12km. Belforte del Chienti 4 km with the historic old village on the hilltop with an excellent restaurant and famous frescos in the church, the more modern village on the road below with a very good local shop. The village of Calderola with its castles is 5km. Macerata is the area's main city 30km, the historic University town of Camerino 25km.
The famous Sibillini Mountains National Park is closeby. There are many hilltop towns and villages nearby with shops and restaurants. There is a very convenient hypermarket on the outskirts of Tolentino, about 15 minutes drive away, where almost anything can be bought.
The Adriatic Coast is only 40 minutes drive away and 20 minutes drive can take you to the top of the Mountains famous for beautiful wild flowers in the growing season and with spectacular views; perfect for walking and picnicking (and for the skiing in Winter).
Piano Grande, one of several high mountain plateaux is one of Italy's natural wonders. The mountain scenery is simply breath-taking. There are several Gorges in the mountains which provide fantastic walks. Several lakes in the vicinity offer fishing and boating.
Sarnarno, one of the most famous of medieval hilltop towns is nearby and has a spa. Macerata (30mins drive) is famous for open air theatre; the Steristerio Arena has a very popular summer opera season. There is a wealth of artistic interest both Architectural and in Paintings which abound in many of the local churches.
There is walking, biking, horse riding, para gliding, rafting, even hot air ballooning available in the area, but most of all there is unspoilt and tourist unknown Italy to discover.
In winter, Sassotetto near the summit of the Sibillinis has a small ski resort with a variety of runs and lifts. It is accessible by car, 30 mins, very reasonable and will suit skiers with varying abilities.
- Guest House
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pool area is fenced making the property suitable for children. A cot is available also highchair. A delightfully comfortable and light 1st floor sitting room, designed for relaxation. Equipped with video, Hi-Fi, stunning view. Cleaning/ towels/ linen/ maid service:Both bathroom and pool towels and linen are included. Linen and towels are changed on Saturdays. Utility Room:The utility room/boiler room/ground floor loo with basin has a washing machine and a tumble dryer. There is a heated towel rail. Also ironing equipment and indoor drying rack. Outside: On the west side of the house there is a large west facing veranda with door into the house. The 11x5 metre private pool has a salt cleaning system with low chlorine. There are plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas on the pool terrace. A Large attractive terrace in front of the house complete with garden furniture suitable for outdoor living includes a Barbecue area. There are several quiet corners in the grounds for peaceful relaxation with Hammocks or seats beneath Oak trees.