Apartment in Costozza di Longare, Vicenza, Veneto, ITALIA. - In the Berici hills, 10 Km from Palladio's "Rotonda"
A large luxury apartment has been arranged for paying guests on the second floor of the villa.The furniture is original and the bathrooms have been completely renovated for the maximum modern comfort.
About the Owner
I am Engineer and Farmer, when young I worked in Austria, Iraq and South Africa, now I produce my own wine Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. They are very good.The mushroom farm in the family caves is rented to another firm. Also the cellar is in a cave , you can see the photo in internet, in summer it is very cold inside there. Most of my time is spent in maintenance and paying taxes.
I was born in 1949 in Venice and have two children, my son Alvise helps me run the hospitality in our villa, I hope also my daughter Costanza will do so pretty soon.
We have two labrador black and cream living in the house with us, but no cats inside the house, lots outside, two hundred or more gold fish and many frogs that make a bit of a row in summer nights. Plenty of owls.
From the Owner
“We never bought our house. My family has been living here for many centuries. The villa is one of three inside a large park that is a national monument, a part is open to the public and a part is only for our guests, it has a large terrace with a beautiful antique wisteria. Another villa is built in front of the great cave where wine is made from time immemorial, the oldest written reference is from Fazio degli Uberti in 1330.The third and last villa is rented and is partly built inside a natural cave with frescoes by Dorigny on the rock and on the walls.”
Activity and Interests
Venice is at one hour's drive. Also Jesolo but not in the rush hours in summer.
Venice or Verona, both one hour. Bus stop in front of front gate.
The village of Costozza has shops and supermarkets and four restaurants, grocery just round the corner, one small restaurant, that was an ancient ice house, has an entrance from the park.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 30% should be paid when confirming the booking by bank transfer.
Balance is due in cash upon arrival, no credit card facilities and no checks are accepted.
Flexible changeover day. Arrival should be strictly during the day time, not late at night. On arrival we should be called by mobile phone to our number 0039 3404854568 so that we may open the front gate.
Notes on prices:
Arrival and departure date is flexible.
Minimum stay three nights.
Arrival strictly in daytime, not at night.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Well, it depends on you: if you are 17 you might get bored after a while, it's all countryside with hills and vines. There is a big commercial centre with a Warner Bros cinema at twenty minutes. If you are romantic you will be happy here, mind you: there is no swimming pool, but instead of having a lousy swimming pool, nice only in photographs, I prefer to send guests at 15 minutes from here (30 minutes by bicycle) where there is a beautiful public swimming pool with trees and grass, otherwise we are 1 hour from the sea and one hour from the Alps.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath tub, wc. En-suite bathroom to bedroom two with shower, wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and a single sofa bed. Bedroom 2 with two beds plus a double sofa bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Pets are accepted under owners responsibility, a deposit should be arranged for possible damages to carpets or antique furniture. Young children should not be left unguarded in the garden. Some parapets are lower than one meter. The garden is a national monument because of all the statues and some of the furniture is antique and should be treated with care. Outside: The whole park is at our guests disposal, a small number of tourists come to visit and some ask for a guided tour of the garden and the cellars in the big cave. The terrace cannot be visited by turists, only a few groups that visit the ballrooms can access the terrace. Utility Room: It is shared with us on the ground floor of the villa, washing machine, large table and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and are changed once a week. The apartment is cleaned once every week.