Villa in Dunas Douradas, Nr. Vale do Lobo, Algarve - 10 Minutes Stroll To Beautiful Sandy Beach. 6 Golf Courses Within 10 Minutes Drive
Air-conditioned, 3 bedroom, luxury villa also with wifi and Docking Station to play music from your iPad/iPod/iPhone. Just 20 minutes drive from faro airport. Dunas douradas is an upmarket, luxury development of some 270 properties, in the midst of umbrella pines & palm trees, situated by the beach between Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago. The resort is a safe, family-friendly environment, with a "Roman" communal pool and a children's paddling pool within the central facilities. Please note the pool area is enclosed and may only be accessed with a key fob. Temporary key fobs can be obtained from the main reception subject to a €20 refundable deposit.There is a pool bar, serving all-day food & drinks, which is also a focal point for early evening socialising, and a Reception facility which is manned from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm daily, where the friendly staff will help you with anything from booking tours and discount golf to recommending one of the many excellent restaurants in the area. There are 2 tennis courts with a resident pro who can provide lessons for all ages. The resort is guarded by 24 hour security.
About the Owner
We live in England, but spend about 5 months each year visiting Portugal and the Algarve in particular. We have come to love the Portuguese people, and greatly enjoy the warmth, the food (especially seafood) and other attractions of this lovely country.
From the Owner
“Our Villa was purchased a few years ago and is very much a second home for us, not merely a holiday destination. Through letting our property for some of the summer months, whilst we enjoy the UK, we hope to encourage other British people to similarly favour the delights of Portugal and its people. We are just a few minutes walk from a glorious and long stretch of sandy beach, and we provide beach towels and umbrellas so that you can travel light and make the most of the great coastline.”
Activity and Interests
The beautiful sandy beaches of the Central Algarve are a 10 minute stroll from the Villa. Along the Algarve coast there are numerous other beaches & interesting bays worthy of a visit.
Faro Airport is approximately 20 minutes drive from Dunas Douradas. Car Hire is more or less essential, particularly for those wishing to play golf, and is recommended as this facilitates food & drink shopping as well as allowing visitors to explore the Algarve.
The nearest town, with a decent range of shops and good supermarkets, is Almancil and is about 10 minutes drive from the Resort. There are also two further supermarkets in Vale do Lobo and in Bougainvilea Plaza (Quinta do Lago) both between 5 & 8 minutes drive. There is a large shopping Mall (Forum Algarve) in Faro, so 20 minutes away by car.
There are a number of excellent beach restaurants within 10 minutes walk. Dunas Douradas makes an excellent base for golf, horse riding, bird watching and walking. There is also a Go Kart track and 2 waterparks within a 15 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Monday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact Owners for bookings/enquiries.
A deposit of 25% in £ or € is required at the time of booking, with the balance due for payment 6 weeks prior to arrival. With the final payment we may ask for a deposit of £150 (€200) against possible damage/breakages during your stay; this is of course refundable. Arrivals: Due to the need to fully clean the Villa check-in is not normally before 4:00 pm. Departures: Normal check-out time is 10:00 am.
Bookings start on/changeover day is Monday(s), unless otherwise agreed with the Owners.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds, with prices in Euros available on request.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We enjoy playing golf at great courses, of which there are many in the Algarve. Whether you wish to travel just a few minutes to play (there are 7 courses within 10 minutes drive) or are happy to journey a little further (at least 20 courses within 45 to 50 minutes by car), you will find very high quality golf courses.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to Master Bedroom, with Bath (shower over), wash handbasin and wc. Family bathroom with shower cubicle, bidet, wc and wash handbasin. Separate WC on upper floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms on lower floor. Master Bedroom: King sized double bed & en-suite facilities. Bedroom 2: 1 double bed and 2 singles (ideal for family with young children). Bedroom 3: double bed. All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes with ample storage.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pool heating is available, in need, at an additional cost (electricity is very expensive in Portugal) of £100 per week. Cots and High Chairs can be rented through Reception. Outside: South facing sun-drenched terrace & garden and saltwater pool. Barbecue area under upper terrace, with gas fired barbecue, for al fresco dining. Outside Bar with refrigerator and separate cupboard, fully equipped with poolside (plastic) plates, cutlery etc. patio table with 6 chairs. There are 4 parasols (2 large and 2 smaller). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels (incl. beach towels) & Linen are included and changed twice weekly. Other: WC on upper floor.