Farmhouse Apartment near Todi, Umbria, Italy - Located in the Umbrian Countryside, Close to Hilltop Town of Todi
Located just 9km from Todi, Il Gelsomino is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, ground floor apartment within a 2 storey farmhouse in an exclusive country estate. The estate is set in 16 hectares of beautiful Umbrian countryside comprising gardens, swimming pool, tennis court, woods and olive groves. This is the perfect location to explore the many towns and villages of Umbria, such as Todi, Orvieto, Perugia, Assisi and Spoleto as well as the lakes of Trasimeno, Bolsena and Corbara.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"This is the most beautiful location for a holiday with beautiful views and a fantastic swimming pool, hence this was our second visit. The apartment is perfect for a relaxing holiday with all amenities and facilities one could need. We ate at local restaurants who supplied an excellent range of food for our family. Back next year." M.D. Hitchin UK
"If you can't relax at il Gelsomino, you can't relax anywhere! A perfect base for exploring Umbria. We loved Todi - great architecture and fantastic food" J.T. Killarney, Ireland
"We spent most of the week relaxing by the pool in this fantastic climate. Being 400m above sea level keeps the apartment cool at night which was great for the children. Beautiful countryside. Special praise for the caretaker who spoke English - he was so helpful." P.G. Sydney, Australia
Activity and Interests
As Umbria is right in the heart of Italy, it has no coastline, and generally it would take 1.5 to 2 hours to drive to the coast. However, Umbria does have some beautiful lakes all of which are within a 45 minute drive from the apartment. People swim and sunbathe on the man-made beaches at Trasimeno and Bolsena. There is a lovely boat trip to the island of Maggiore on Lake Trasimeno. Lake Corbara is a stunning lake situated between Todi and Orvieto.
Rome Ciampino and Fumincino airports are approximately 100 minutes away by car. Ciampino is used by most low-cost airlines. Perugia Airport is only a 35 minute drive away although there are only a few international flights using this base at the moment. One of them is Ryanair who fly from London Stansted about 4 times per week. Car hire is recommended.
The village of Izzalini with a bar/cafe, bakery and church is 1km away and there is a supermarket in Collelungo which is 2km away. The nearest restaurant is at Fiore which is 4km away and then there are further restaurants on the outskirts of Todi (6km away) and in Todi itself (9km away).
The towns of Orvieto, Perugia, Spoleto and Assisi are all within a 40 minute drive of il Gelsomino. Rome and Florence are drivable by car but there is also a good rail service locally.
The main supermarkets and banks are located in Todi which is 9km away. There are some beautiful shops in Todi, but for larger shops, it is worth visiting Perugia which is approx 40 minutes by car. One of the highlights of the year is the annual Jazz Festival in Perugia which normally takes place in early July. In 2009 the headline act was Simply Red and in 2010 was Mark Knopfler (of Dire Straits fame). This year the festival starts on 8th July and lasts until the 17th and stages many fabulous jazz musicians. This year's headline acts have not yet been named.
Each year we also try and attend the Eurochocolate festival in Perugia which in 2011 is being held between the 14th and 23rd October. If you love chocolate, then this is the place to be in October. Umbria is renowned for its wines and there are many wine producing towns and villages to visit. In Todi, there are the Tudernum wines and also the Rubro wines found at Agricola Todini. In addition there are the Montefalco and Orvieto wines all of which are worth exploring. The Todi area is full of wonderful restaurants and we have a number of recommendations which you will find in the literature at the apartment. In the Summer, our local restaurants at Fiore (Rosa dei Venti) and Cibocchi both have outside terraces and serve typical Umbrian food and wines. Specialities of the region include tagliatelle al tartufo (black truffle pasta) and also cinghiale (wild boar).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
A booking form will be emailed/posted to you. 25% of rental fee is due with completed booking form. The balance of the rental fee is due 6 weeks before your stay commences. Upon receipt of balance, directions, information pack and key collection information will be sent to you. Payment by bank transfer.
Changeover Day: preferably saturday
Arrival times after 3pm. Departure times by 10am.
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 2 bathrooms - both with walk-in shower, basin, bidet, wc. Gas-fired hot water.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with queen sized bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds - double doors leading to vine covered terrace. Both bedrooms have high, beamed ceilings. Travel cot available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The country estate is set behind a gated entrance on the outskirts of the village of Izzalini. A caretaker lives on site and maintains the grounds on a daily basis. The apartment has gas-fired central heating and water. Central heating to be paid for by guests. The swimming pool (20 x 10m) and floodlit tennis court are shared with 9 other properties (each property has its own private garden area). Outside: Within the 16 hectares of the borgo, there is a fabulous shared swimming pool which is 20 x 10m, having a shallow end and a deep end (depth 2.5m). Sun loungers are provided around the swimming pool. There is an all-weather tennis court which is floodlit and racquets and balls are provided in our apartment. There is also a small play area for young children with a slide and swings. There are approximately 500 olive trees which provide each property with a substantial allocation of olive oil each year. There are also extensive gardens and woods to explore. Each property has its own private garden and il Gelsomino also has a lovely vine-covered terrace which is perfect for cool alfresco dining/drinks. A free standing barbecue is provided. There is also a patio area adjacent to the kitchen/living room with table and chairs. There is a separate covered area for parking of cars which means there are no cars driving around the borgo. Utility Room: Part of kitchen area - washer/dryer, iron, ironing board, clothes airer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen/towels included in rental. Cleaning at the end of your stay is payable direct to the caretaker (60 euros). Linens/towels changed on weekly basis. If required, additional cleaning/linens can be negotiated direct with the caretaker. Other: The rear terrace (leading from bedroom 2) is the perfect place for alfresco dining with vine covered pergola, rattan sofa, 2 chairs and table. The apartment has thick stone walls which keeps it cool during the summer months. Floors are terracotta/stone.