Secluded Gite near Mael Carhaix, with private heated pool for guests own use - Peaceful Location On 3 Acres Of Beautiful Landscaped Gardens
The Gite has its own private drive and plenty of parking space. It has a garden laid to lawn at the front with ample area for lawn games. There are good views of the surrounding countryside. BBQ, table and chairs are provided for outside use. Large grassy play area for children. The 10m x 5m heated swimming pool is situated in an enclosed garden to the left of the Gite and is for the Gite guests own private use.
About the Owner
About Gail Meek
The property is owned by Gary King and Gail Meek who live in France. We purchased the property in 2009 and it is set on 3 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens. It is in a very peaceful location, however, only a 5 minute drive to the nearest small town of Mael Carhaix where there are a few shops, a bar and a restaurant and a 15 minute drive to the nearest larger towns of Rostrenen and Carhaix.
Please contact us if you wish to take advantage of our Property Owners discount on Brittany Ferry crossings.
Gail Meek purchased this cottage in 2009
Why Gail Meek chose Callac area
The property is totally secluded with its own pool.
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“The property is totally secluded with its own pool.”
Activity and Interests
45 minutes drive to Brittany Coastline.
Brest Airport 1 hour drive
St Malo 1.5 hours drive
Caen 3 hours drive
Nearest small village (Mael Carhaix) 5 minutes drive with a beautiful lake and walks, 2 small supermarkets and a cafe/bar and lunchtime restaurant.
Larger towns Rostrenen and Carhaix both 15 minutes drive.
Stunning boulders and walks within 5 minute drive and 30 minutes drive.
The towns Rostrenen and Carhaix (20 minutes drive) have numerous shops, bars and restaurants.
Gite and surrounding areas of interest brochure and precise directions available on request.
Discount available on Brittany Ferries. Please request details from owner.
Internet access is available at certain areas on site
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
5 Nov 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
£100 deposit and £50 security deposit required. Balance due 6 weeks prior to booking.
Changeover day Saturday - may be flexible out of high season
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- autumn foliage
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs toilet and shower room. Upstairs separate toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) plus room for cot (provided) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and room for travel cot (supplied if required) Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Notes on accommodation: The kitchen is large and spacious with tiled floor and beamed ceilings. Fitted kitchen units, gas cooker, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and all necessary utensils. A large table and chairs stand in the centre of the room. There is a separate lounge with open plan wooden staircase, tiled floor and beamed ceilings, large Breton fireplace with wood burning stove and comfortable settee and chairs. Free View TV is also available. There are three bedrooms and a large landing & W.C. upstairs. The bedrooms all have polished original wooden floors and have been built into the roof space leaving all the original beams exposed. The first and second bedrooms both have double beds, chests of drawers, bedside tables, lamps and hanging rail. The third bedroom has two single beds and chest of drawers. A travel cot is provided in bedroom 1 if required. There is a fitted stairgate at the top of the stairs.The bathroom is on the ground floor comprising a tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin and toilet. Outside: Barbecue, patio, patio table, sun loungers. Private heated swimming pool. Tyre Tree Swing, various sized mountain bikes (helmets not provided). Quad Bike for use by children under parents supervision (helmets provided). Quad Bike can also be used by adults. Utility Room: Cleaning equipment and products. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included and changed weekly. Cleaning is carried out at end of each rental. Other: Utility room housing cleaning equipment, ironing board and iron. This room leads to the downstairs shower room with easy access from the pool for showering.