Barn in St Paul Lizonne, Lusignac, Dordogne, France - Peaceful Location, Near To Restaurants And Village With All Amenities, Ideal For Families
La Grange is situated in a secluded corner of a small hilltop village. It is one of six individually owned properties, which have been converted from a Perigordian farmhouse and barns. The properties share large landscaped grounds, their own swimming pool and all weather tennis court. Our house offers well designed, comfortable, four- bedroom accommodation over 3 levels with a lounge area on the 2nd floor giving breath taking views and all the comforts of home including 42” plasma TV (please note tv is only for dvd use), DVD player with large selction of DVDs and iPod speakers. A well equipped kitchen is situated on the ground floor with extensive dining area and French doors leading onto patio area with garden furniture and BBQ. There are now 3 airports within easy driving distance of the property including Limoges, Bergerac, Bordeaux which fly from most UK airports -please call owner for more details.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Date of Stay: July 09. Great house very well equipped slept 10 comfortably.Living room super. Kitchen equipment excellent. Location very quiet and secluded. Pool, tennis fantastic. A super holiday.
Date of Stay: Sept 09. Our party ranged in age from 6 to 46 and we all had a fabulous time, the accommodation was ideally suited with everything from a bottle opener to a large flat screen TV everything was clean and in immaculate condition. The pool (which we virtually had to ourselves) was perfect in giving the children something to do while we relaxed in the warm heat of the sun (ready for our tennis tournament!). The house is ideally situated in peaceful gardens but within easy reach of all amenities. Driving here was enjoyable as the roads were nice and quiet a great change from home. Whole family had a wonderful relaxing holiday, we would highly recommend this house for your next holiday I know we will be back time and time again.
Recommend: girls getaway, families, romantic getaway.
Activity and Interests
In the summer there are sandy river beaches at Aubeterre, a stunning hillside village and well worth a visit and St Aulaye, Both beaches have children’s play areas and St Aulaye has a raft and swing over the river and a café. Lake Jemaye lies South West of Riberac and offers swimming, windsurfing, fishing and walking. Should you want to go further afield the coast offers excellent beaches north of Royan which is approx 90 minutes drive away.
Nearest airport is Angouleme about 35-40km. Bergerac and Limoges is about 53km. Ryanair fly into all 3. Flybe fly into Bergerac. Bordeaux is another alternative about 95km away. The coast ports are some 700-800km away, about 8/9 hours drive. A car is essential. Hire companies exist at each airport.
Shops, banks and a post office can all be found in St Severin which is the nearest village to St Paul Lizonne 2 mins drive. The nearest town is Riberac 15 mins drive which has a large supermarket and the hosts the best market on a Friday.
Mountain bike hire and crazy golf are available at the foot of St Paul Lizonne 10 min walk.
- Booking Notes:
Quoted rates are per week and do not include and maid/cleaning services during your stay. La Grange is purely a self catering holiday property containing full laundry facilities for your convenience. All fresh linen is supplied, including towels, and the beds are ready made up for your arrival. 30% deposit confirms a reservation. Balance due 6 weeks before arrival. Rental charge includes all outgoings - electricity, water, heating oil. A 15% refundable deposit is required 2 weeks before you.
Change over day is typically a Saturday but can be flexible with notice.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Minimum of one week.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with WC and shower enclosure. Bathroom 2 with WC, bath with shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7/8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with large double bed. Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds. Bedroom 3 with 2 single bed (bunk beds) Bedroom 4 with single bed. Bedroom 2 or 3 can accommodate a child bed or cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This house is furnished to a high standard it is fully equipped with all mod cons and equipment. The house and pool are particularly suitable for children of all ages with a child proof fence surrounding the pool and the latest standards of pool alarm fitted. The gardens are totally fenced with plenty parking space. Gas heaters are also available for early and late season lets included in the cost. Outside: Leading out from the dining area is an extensive sun terrace with BBQ and patio furniture. Here you can enjoy lazy lunches to sunset dinners with views over the surrounding valley. The shared gardens are well kept and more the large enough to have your own privacy for sunbathing. The pool is maintained once a week and has a fence around it making the site child friendly. Tennis racquets and balls are provide to use at the onsite tennis court as are lilos and beach towels. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels (including beach towels) are provided. The house will be made up for your arrival, should you wish the house cleaned during your holiday please contact owner direclty for costs, however a full change of linen is provided.