La Jardaise in Jard sur Mer, near La Tranche sur Mer, Vendee - 15 Min Walk To The Sea
This spacious modern property, set on the edge of the pine forest less than a mile from the sea, is only 1.5 miles from the shops in the pedestrian area of Jard sur Mer and a similar distance from the Port with its picturesque windmill, bars and restaurants. There are two small sandy beaches close by or if you wish to go slightly further you can take your pick amongst 8 miles of sandy beaches between Longeville and La Tranche. There are also rock-pooling beaches within walking distance. Talmont St Hilaire lies just 10 minutes in land, a small historic castle town and approximately 20 mins along the coastline is Les Sables D’Olonne; the home of the Vendee Globe and a haven of restaurants, bars and shops.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
1 mile to Plage de la Mine (sandy beach)
less than 2 miles to another 2 sandy beaches in Jard
8 miles to long sandy beaches between Longeville and La Tranche (very popular with surfers)
By Air – 79 miles from Nantes Airport (Ryanair)
62 miles from La Rochelle Airport (Ryanair/Flybe/Easyjet/Jet2)
By road – 432 miles from Eurotunnel (mostly motorway)
1.5 miles to pedestrian area in Jard
1.5 miles to the Port
14 miles to Les Sables d'Olonne
Approx 60 miles to the castle of Puy du Fou (famous for its shows and providing great entertainment for children and adults!)
Whether you want a relaxing holiday or a fun family time, the Vendee has it all: time on the beach, great regional dishes in the local restaurants, Jard’s famous Monday market and other local produce markets in surrounding villages.
The area offers many activities including most water sports, tennis, table tennis, golf, horse riding, miles of walking tracks through the forest and the marshland and beautiful coastal walks.
You can spend a day at the Adventurer’s Castle where you will enjoy a family game of riddles taking you on a trail through history. There is also an adventure park 15 minutes away but if you don’t mind driving further, you could discover the Puy du Fou experience with its wonderful Park and Castle, offering a great entertainment program during the day and breath-taking night-time shows.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£217|
|Stay tax||€0 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 18 years.|
Deposit: 25% required to secure the booking
Balance: to be paid in full 12 weeks prior to arrival date
Security deposit: £200/250 Euros (will be returned by post after inspection of the property)
Arrival and departure day is Saturday. Departure time is 10am. Arrival time is 4pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to Bedroom 6 with shower, washbasin and wc. Bathroom with shower over large corner bath and 2 washbasins. Separate wc
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - King Size Double Bed Bedroom 2 - Twin Beds Bedroom 3 - Twin Beds Bedroom 4 - King Size Double Bed Bedroom 5 - Twin Beds Bedroom 6 - King Size Double Bed
- Golf ...
- Outside: The house is set in a 1450sq.m garden, fully fenced with remote controlled gate (ideal for children to play safely). There is a large decked patio overlooking the pine forest, table and chairs to sit 12 people and a barbecue. Our latest addition is a solid wooden swing and slide set suitable for up to 12 year old. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and ironing board, storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen provided.