Holiday Home for 8 in Stoke Gabriel, Nr. Totnes, South Hams, Devon
Butleigh Coombe is a self catering holiday home in the riverside village of Stoke Gabriel, near Totnes in the beautiful South Hams area of Devon. Our self catering accommodation is modern and will accommodate 8 people comfortably with a large enclosed 1/3 acre flat garden. It is within walking distance of the River Dart and a short drive to the seaside.
It has 2 king size beds, a standard double and bunk beds. The kitchen diner opens out to a lovely secluded part of the garden which acts as a sun trap for most of the day.
Only available during July and August 2017.
There are plenty of things to do here in sunny south Devon. Here are a dozen ideas for those summer holidays:
1. South Devon Beaches. There are dozens of beaches from large and busy to small and secluded. Sandy, stoney, rock pools and waves. Here are our favourites - Churston Cove, swim with the seal!
Broadband Sands. Bantham Beach, Best surf on the south coast. Learn to surf and hire boards. Mansands. A bit of a walk but quiet with caves and rock pools. Hope Cove.
2. Visit Paignton Zoo. Great for a whole day and has a big indoor play area for children of all ages so you can visit in the sun or rain.
3. Walks on Dartmoor. So many to choose but we like to go to 2 bridges and then walk past the cafe and beyond. Not many of the other visitors go that far and the valley is beautiful with lots of opportunities to play in the river and build dams!
4. Crabbing at the bottom of Stoke Gabriel. You can get nets and bacon at the village shop.
5. Woodlands Adventure park near Dartmouth (25 minutes away). Outdoor and indoor fun. The girls love it there!
6. Hire canoes as the bottom of the village and go and explore. You can canoe to Tuckenhay in under an hour and have lunch at the riverside pub.
7. Kents Caverns in Torquay.
8. Explore the wonderfully quirky medieval town of Totnes and enjoy the many coffee shops and restaurants. There is a castle there too.
9. Do the Steam & Cruise. Travel on the steam railway from Paignton to Kingswear, then cross the River Dart on our foot passenger ferry to Dartmouth, where you board one of our boats for a circular River Cruise (approximately 1 hour duration) around the river and estuary.
10. Visit Agatha Christie house and then get a boat across to Dittisham and have lunch in the pub or restaurant overlooking the river.
11. Babbacombe Model Village
12. Walk the coastal path. Our favourite stretches are around Coleton Fishacre and Soar Mill Cove.
13. Cycle from Totnes to Dartington. Flat and great for young children. For the more adventurous you could carry on to the Buckfastleigh Butterflies and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary or to the Staverton Steam Railway.
14. Sail on the river Dart.
15. Torquay Wave Pool and Leisure Centre. Great indoor fun.
We have many more ideas when you arrive at the house so there is plenty to do come rain or shine!
About the Owner
About Susan Mortimer
This is our own family home which we are renting out as we go travelling over the summer. The area is great for families and the garden is safe and secure, with it being a haven for our 9 and 11 year old girls. The house was extended and fully renovated throughout with new kitchen, heating, carpet, curtains etc in 2009. You get all the items you would expect at home and perhaps not in a standard holiday home. We hope you enjoy your stay in our beautiful part of the world.
Susan Mortimer purchased this house in 2006
Activity and Interests
Loads of beaches within 10 minute drive from sandy to pebbles, lively to quiet. Surfing beaches like Bantham within 30 minutes. We have the River Dart at the bottom of the village with lots of sailing, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding opportunities. We will leave details of the best places to go!
35 minutes from Exeter Airport or 40 minutes from Plymouth Ferry Port. Mainline railway station in Totnes less than 2 miles away.
Property is located within the village of Stoke Gabriel. Less than 2 miles to Totnes and Torbay. Within 30 minutes of Dartmoor National Park and within 10 minutes of great beaches.
Local shop and post office in the village. Also 2 pubs and a cafe/restaurant. Sainsburys is 5 minutes down the road as is Torbay which has all facilities required including a multi screen cinema, theatre, banks, waterpark, leisure centre, wave pool, miniature village, caverns, zoo, living coasts and much more. There are hundreds of things to do whether it is sunny or raining.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Pre Summer Holidays
8 Jul 2017 - 21 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Jul 2017 - 25 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Changeover day is Saturday. You will be met and shown the house and how things work. Depart by 10am and arrive after 4pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- live theatre
- water parks
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with power shower, sink, heated towel rail and WC Family Bathroom with bath, separate shower, sink, heated towel rail and WC Separate WC and sink in kitchen/diner area.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed. Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed. Bedroom 3 with bunk beds. Bedroom 4 with double bed.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Great family home. Plug sockets for very young ones and we have a cot bed/travel cot and high chair available. Combi central heating for instant hot water and constant supply. Underfloor heating in kitchen/diner. Outside: Private, level 1/3 acre garden mostly set to lawn with shrubs and plenty of raspberries to eat! We have a trampoline and a few childrens toys available (suitable up to 5), a small charcoal barbecue and outdoor table and chairs. Plenty of lighting outside for long evenings. Utility Room: Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Chest Freezer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedding included. Property is cleaned every Saturday and the gardener comes every Monday morning.