Villa in Areias Dos Moinhos, Carvoeiro, Western Algarve - In A Peaceful Location And Within Easy Walking Distance Of The Town And Beaches
Casa Das Novas is a very well appointed single storey villa with private pool, fully furnished and maintained to a high standard. 3 double bedrooms (1 en-suite) all with air- conditioning/heating, family bathroom, fully fitted kitchen including fridge freezer with ice maker and chilled water dispenser, living room with satellite TV, DVD player and patio doors onto a terrace with sea views, dining area with patio doors to an inner courtyard with BBQ and steps leading to the roof terrace. There is a further BBQ and al fresco dining area adjacent to the pool with ample seating, sunbeds and terrace furniture. Numerous golf courses within a short drive and a choice of beaches within a 15 min walk.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have stayed in loads of villas in Carvoeiro over the last 15-20 years. This is the best! The best layout,the best rooms,the best decorated and the best view. We will be back.
"We have had a great holiday in a fantastic villa of a very high standard and the best we have stayed in in the last 8 years.It is a very peaceful location and can't wait to come back again in September.
"Thankyou- we could use this whole visitors book to write how lovely this beautiful villa and welcoming atmosphere was on our arrival-we love it"
"This is our second visit to your villa and it was as delightful as the first.Fab villa and amenities and ideal location. Weather was great and we had hours of fun by the poolside. All in all another fabulous family holiday. Casa das Novas has everything we need".
"A little bit of heaven!Perfect peace, wonderful views, the smell of the flowers, bliss! The pool was great, everything we could possibly wish for. A fantastic holiday".
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
We have been to Carvoeiro in each of the last 6 years and have never rebooked any of the villas we have stayed in. We rebooked this Villa on day two of our two week stay. Everything is perfect; the quietness, the view, the proximity to the village centre, the pool, the gardens, the comfortable beds, I could go on but you get the picture. We can't wait to get back next year. A genuine home from home.
A wonderful villa with a Beautiful view
We have visited Carvoeiro regularly every year since 2004 and have stayed at many villas during that time. We first booked Casa Das Novas in June 2012 and have returned three times since and have found the villa to be of a very high spec over and above what we have stayed at before. The owners Hazel and Brian have provided a Home from Home as they do live at the villa for many months per year and so it is not just another holiday home for rent.
Everything you could wish for during your stay is provided for and the owners are always looking for advice on anything which may improve your stay. The bedrooms are very comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped and all you would need if you were eating in during your stay, including a dishwasher to clean it all up.
The view from the terrace out to sea is beautiful and we have spent many meals during the day and evening admiring the view and you can’t wait to get back every year. The villa pool is large and provides a welcome cool down during the hot summer days. It can be heated but not sure why you would want to. The villa has lovely garden which well maintained during the year.
Mick and Anne who manage the villa for the owners and live across the road are very helpful and it is good to know someone is close in case of an emergency or for assistance during your stay. A welcome pack is provided on arrival of a few items which keep you going until you have been to the supermarket.
The villa is about a 10 minute walk into Carvoeiro where a large number of Restaurants, bars and shops awaits you. Many beautiful beaches are in easy walking distance and worth a visit.
Thank you to Hazel and Brian for continuing to make the villa available for rent and we can’t wait to get back in 2014.
A home from home, but with "a view"
What a truly lovely villa. Full of character, extremely well equipped, beautifully but simply decorated, comfy beds, lovely warm pool (and that was without heating!). A fantastic view of the sea in the horizon while having breakfast. Oh how I missed tha then I arrived home!
The owners Brain and Hazel were so helpful when booking the villa and afterwards with any queries we had. They also assisted us with booking our car. Their Villa Management Team (husband and wife, Mick and Anne) who live nearby took good care of us and the villa during our stay. The welcome pack was very welcome, arriving after tea time with an elderly lady and two children. There are some lovely beaches all within a short drive of the villa, although you can walk to the local beach in approx. 10 mins. There is a very large Intermache (super market) and an Aldi both within a very short drive of the villa too, for absolutely everything you need. This was our 6th year of villa holidays in The Algarve and this was the nicest villa, in one of the nicest parts of the The Algarve by far. Thank you Brian and Hazel for sharing your wonderful villa with us.
Carvoeiro's best kept secret!
This is our 3rd visit to this beautiful villa and we highly recommend it to anyone wanting to visit the Algarve. It is very well equipped and has everything you need to make the most of your stay. The villa is presented to a very high standard. With just a 10-15 minute walk into Carvoeiro, which has plenty of bars and restaurants catering for all tastes, the villa is ideally situated for those wanting to eat in or out. There is also plenty to visit a little further afield for those wanting to explore the Algarve.
A fantastic property - highly recommended.
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beaches to accommodate all needs. Carvoeiro, Vale Covo and Centianes beaches are all sandy and set in small bays. However, within a 15min drive a host of fantastic beaches (and beach bars) can be found.
Faro Airport is a 45min drive. Car hire is not essential but recommended if you wish to explore the Algarve. Taxis are plentiful. The taxi rank is situated opposite the square in Carvoeiro.
The picturesque village of Carvoeiro is just over 1km away, 5mins from Lagoa, 10mins from the fishing village of Ferragudo and 15mins from Portimao.
Approx 15mins to the North and 20mins to the West are the medieval towns of Silves and Lagos. 40mins to the North is the picturesque mountain village of Monchique (en route- a must is a visit to the Caldas de Monchique).
Within an hours drive of the villa are Sagres, Cape St Vincent, Loule, Vilamoura Marina and Faro, all worth a visit.
Carvoeiro with it's shops, restaurants, bars, banks, cash points and mini-markets are all within walking distance.
Tennis- (tennis rackets are available at the villa) For the serious tennis player, courts are located at Rocha Brava (5mins) and Carvoeiro Club (10mins).
Water Sports- PADI courses are run from the Tivoli Hotel(2mins) and a range of water sports are available at Centianes and Ferragudo beaches.
The nearest Water park is "Slide & Splash" in Estombar although there are others dotted along the N125. Zoo Marine with it's wild life and dolphin show is situated at Guia approx 15min drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Jun 2017 - 22 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
23 Jun 2017 - 6 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
7 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit required on confirmation of booking, balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival. A £200 refundable breakage deposit will be required at the time of final balance. Pool heating extra £125 per week.
Changeover day is normally Thursday but other days may be available upon request and subject to availability.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, separate shower, WC, bidet, wash basin and shaver point. Family bathroom with bath/shower over, WC, bidet, wash basin and shaver point.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King size bed, en-suite bathroom, a/c unit. Patio doors leading onto pool area. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, a/c unit, patio doors to terrace. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, a/c unit, patio doors to terrace. Each bedroom has a hairdryer.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Restrictions: No Smoking inside the villa; no pets The master bedroom is located on the west side of the property whilst bedrooms 2 & 3 are on the east, providing additional privacy. Outside: The private pool is 9 x 4m and is situated in the patio area, both of which were completely refurbished in 2013. The deep end is 2.1m, the shallow being 1m deep with steps leading down in one corner. The pool can be heated for an additional cost (see rental costs). The patio by the pool has a fixed seating/table area next to the BBQ which is ideal for al fresco dining. Around the pool are sun loungers, small side tables and umbrellas. On the patio immediately outside the lounge is a large dining table and 6 chairs. A further seating area with outdoor sofa, easy chairs and coffee table is located on one of the terraces The roof terrace provides fantastic views of the coastline and is great for enjoying the beautiful sunsets. Landscaped gardens contain mature shrubs and trees with an area of the garden laid to lawn. Utility Room: Separate utility area with washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid service twice a week. All bed linen villa and pool towels are included. Bed linen is changed once a week, towels twice. Other: Patio doors also lead from the dining room into an inner courtyard with BBQ and table ideal for al fresco dining and steps leading to the roof terrace.