House in Rodes, Nr Prades, Pyrenees Orientales, Languedoc Rousillion, France - Peacefully Located In The Heart Of The Tranquil Hillside Village Of Rodes
Rodes - where peace and tranquility meet...Beautifully renovated, south-facing stone village house located in the heart of the tranquil hillside village of Rodes. From every room there are fabulous views of Mount Canigou and the Tet Valley. Rodes is a delightful village typical of the region with a choice of restaurants nearby serving typical French cuisine and regional specialities. The village also has small grocery store and a post office. The property is set in a narrow street of old stone houses, yet not overlooked, possessing an airy feel due to the terraced effect of housing characteristic of the village. With a wealth of walks from the doorstep, this is a great location for a relaxing, stress-free holiday. For those who wish to venture further, the property is ideally located with easy access to Perpignan and Andorra with the ski areas of the Pyrenees just 1 hour’s drive and the fabulous Mediterranean coastal resorts just 40 minutes away.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have stayed in the Languedoc for the past 7 years & must say this is the best house - it has stunning views & the equipment has been well thought out. We have been very comfortable here!
What a delightful house, everything provided and a lovely atmosphere. The village is so picturesque and very conveniently located, lots of local walks, scenery from the balcony to die for! The local villages around Rodes are also worth visiting. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and relatives...(David & Val Gregory, Australia)
Magnificent walks around the village, we hope to be able to come back again soon.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our week here with the wonderful views from the house which is very well equipped, we lacked for nothing. Thank you for allowing us to share your second home.
We have had a 'fab' time - the house is charming and we found it really easy to relax!
Really comfortable, well laid out, open plan design with fantastic views of the mountains.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
What's on in the local area?
26th July-13th August 2016 = Pablo Casals Music Festival, Prades
Throughout the summer = Carcassonne Festival with whole host of international concerts, theatre - a spectacle not to be missed, especially the firework display
Canet Plage is 40km away, a little further is the beautiful coastal and tourist resort of Collioure - a haven for those who love painting and art! The lake at Vinca also provides a perfect beach area and there is a dedicated swimming/paddling area - this is only about 5 minutes drive away. There is also a snack bar serving drinks, pizzas and light refreshments.
Car hire recommended. Nearest airport: Perpignan 30 minutes away. Other options are Carcassonne or Girona about one and a half hours drive away. Other options are Toulouse or Beziers.
At the lake in Vinca (only 7 minutes away by car or 30 minutes on foot) you can swim, sail or windsurf from the beach area (the lake is fed by water and melting snow from Mount Canigou).
Prades and Ile-sur-Tet, two nearby towns about 10 minutes away by car, hold regular lively markets. They are the perfect place to buy the local fresh fruit and vegetables including the delicious peaches and cherries which grow in the region and of course the all important French cheese and wine! Both towns also offer a selection of shops including well-stocked supermarkets, bars and restaurants. If you fancy a trip into the mountains, the famous 'Petit train jaune' with its open carriages winds its way through narrow gorges and across high viaducts, providing breathtaking views of the Pyrenees. You can catch this train from Villefranche de Conflent -a beautiful walled medieval town just 25 minutes away from Rodes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
25% deposit required on booking and balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival date. If your holiday is less than 8 weeks away at the time of booking, the full amount of rent/extras is payable. Refundable deposit payable of £200 against breakages, loss of keys etc. This may be given to us as a cheque prior to the booking. Cheque will be returned un-cashed following our inspection of the house after departure. The owner of this property accepts payment in £s but euros accepted if agreed in advance
Changeover day flexible - contact owner for details. It is expected that visitors will leave the house in a clean and tidy condition with the beds stripped and any breakages reported
A cleaning service service may be requested (subject to availability).
Notes on prices:
Please contact us for summer offers for 2014 - savings offered for 2 weeks stays!
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with 2 x single beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Wall heaters are provided and wood is provided for the wood burning stove during the winter months. Past the open wooden staircase is the dining area and fully equipped open plan kitchen. A wood burning stove in the living room provides character and efficient heating. Outside: Small balcony from open plan living room. Parking - you can pull up outside the house to unload luggage, shopping etc. We request that guests do not park in the garage but you can easily park in the dedicated parking areas located just a short walk from the house. Utility Room: At the lower level, the front of the house has a large garage with sink, washing machine and WC. Here there is plenty of room for the storage of bikes, skis, etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided. The property will be clean and tidy prior to arrival and we request that guests leave it in this way on departure. Linen will be changed at the end of each stay. Other: Upstairs the large landing area leads to two bedrooms.