House in Casciana Terme, St Ermo, Tuscany, Italy - Elegant Family Home enjoying Privacy and Outstanding views over Pisa to Carrara.
Podere di Monti is a magnificent recently restored country estate with a private pool, tennis court and extensive manicured gardens. There are sweeping views over local villages to Pisa, the Appenine Alps and the coast. The house is private and surrounded by rolling farmland, woods, olive groves and vineyards. It has four bedrooms each with its own en-suite, a modern well equipped kitchen and dining areas in the house, the attached loggia and in the garden. There are also two generous and separate living areas. Amenities include satellite TV and DVD, Stereo compatible with iPod and CDs, a games room with two computers and internal WiFi broadband access. Located only 5 minutes from the spa town of Casciana Terme, thirty minutes from Pisa Airport and within easy reach of Florence, Volterra, San Gimingnano, Lucca, Siena and Forte Di Marmi. The immediate area is well serviced with supermarkets and Tuscan specialty outlets within 15 minutes drive away.
About the Owner
About Darryl Harford
We are an Australian family that relished the opportunity to live in Tuscany for 3 years. We restored the Podere di Monte as a family home and delighted in entertaining our old and new friends and using it as a base to explore Tuscany, Italy and Europe. It holds special memories for us and we visit each summer to enjoy it again, renew friendships and the unique way of life.
The Podere di Monte is well situated and offers a peaceful venue from which to relax, unwind and explore.
We hope you will enjoy our small slice of paradise.
Activity and Interests
The beaches of the Marina di Pisa, Tirennia and Livorno are within easy reach. All of these coastal resorts have fine trattoria style eating spots and European style bagnos.
Pisa airport is thirty minutes away and Firenze airport less than an hour. Ferries to the islands off the Tuscan coast are available from Livorno, however to fully enjoy the region it is recommended that guests have motor transport. Firenze can be reached by a regular train service from Pontederra which saves guests the hassel of Florentine traffic and parking. The train terminates at SMN in the heart of Florence.
St Ermo is two kilometers from the house and Casciana Terme is five. Many of the Tuscan tourist towns such as Sienna, Lucca, Volterra and regions such as Chianti and the magnificent Cinque Terre are a pleasant and easy day trip away.
Casciana Terme is well serviced with restaurants, bars, the world's best gelatto shop, supermarkets and banks as well as the magnificent spa itself.
- Booking Notes:
To book you stay at Podere di Monte we require a 30% deposit to confirm your booking and the balance 45 days prior to arrival. We will let you have full details after we have received your inquiry.
Changeover day is Saturday with arrival between 4pm and 8pm. Departure is by or before 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros. A security deposit of five hundred Euros will be required upon arrival and will be refunded upon departure. Final cleaning, payable on departure, Euro 200. For rentals of more than one week towels and bedlinen will be changed on Saturdays and the house cleaned, Euro 150.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The master bedroom en0suite has a bath, shower, WC and bidet. All the other en-suite facilities have showers, WC and bidets. Additional bathroom on the ground floor with shower, WC and bidet. All bathrooms have high quality fittings.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a king size double bed with access to a private terrace offering magnificent views to Pisa. The guest apartment a queen size double bed. Two bedrooms have large twin beds. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities.
- Outside: Extensive gardens surround the house and there are a number of shaded spots for outdoor eating and entertaining which have ample seating and tables. The pool has sun lounges and a gas BBQ is provided. Utility Room: The utility room comes with front loading washer and dyer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is serviced and cleaned once a week, bed linen is changed and fresh bath and pool towels are provided. The gardens and pool are maintained as required by a professional gardening service.