Villa in Kalkan, Mediterranean Coast, Turkey - Peaceful Location, 5 Minutes Walk to Town Centre
Villa Mavidus is home to Bill and Doreen for approximately 7 months of the year, making it a home as well as holiday accommodation. We are situated in a peaceful haven just off the Kalamar Road yet only 5 mins walk to the town centre. Whilst lazing beside the private pool you can enjoy the views over Kalkan Bay and the mountains behind, or alternatively you can enjoy a BBQ on the roof terrace once again with stunning views and perfect peace. The pool is 6 x 4m with rounded corner steps for access or just sitting and lazing in the cooling water during the heat of the day. If you choose to be more adventurous and rent a car for exploring the wonderfully historic countryside there is ample car parking space available. The villa is a fully equipped family home with all the modern equipment a family would require, including air-con and large terrace outside with 4 sunbeds, 1 large parasol, 4 director chairs and table and 6 chairs for outside dining along with built-in stone BBQ.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely well equipped villa, great location
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fabulous Villa,great pool with spacious terrace and absolutely Stunning views of the Mountains and the Bays of Kalkan and Kalamar.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely well equipped villa, great location
A lovely villa and pool in an ideal location within easy walking distance or a very short taxi ride from everything Kalkhan has to offer. The villa is clean and well equipped with little extras such as beach towels appreciated. The owner's representative was on hand and extremely helpful in providing information and assisting with trip booking etc. Definitely recommended!
A beautiful villa ..a little piece of heaven !!
This is a beautiful villa, equipped with everything you could possibly need, nestled in a lovely fishing village with astonishing views of the surrounding mountains and the sea. The locals are very friendly and helpful. This is our sixth holiday in this villa,.....our piece of heaven for two weeks !!!"
Excellent location. Lovely pool area
Having holidayed in Kalkan on many occasions in both Hotels and Villas this year we booked Villa Mavi Dus and were certainly not disappointed. The villa is situated in a nice neighbourhood, within easy walking distance of the harbor and shops and there are restaurants nearby. The owners live in the property for 7 months of the year and the standard of equipment and linen etc was far superior to that which is normally expected of self catering accommodation. I certainly wouldn't hesitate in booking this villa again
Home from home. A perfect location.
My husband and I stayed at Villa Mavi Dus in June this year having visited Kalkan several times before. We chose a villa this year to give us flexibility and were not disappointed. The villa is beautifully kept and the outside terraces and pool area are set in delightful gardens with ample seating area and sunbeds with umbrellas for shade. There are balconies and a roof terrace. The inside of the property is very well equipped as I understand the owners use the property for several months of the year which is reflected in the high standard of furnishings and kitchen/bathroom equipment provided. This was far better than our expectations. The villa is situated a short walk from town and there are bars and restaurants nearby. Mehmet who maintains the villa is extremely helpful and I have no hesitation in staying there again.
Activity and Interests
Kalkan Beach with pebbles is ten minutes walk downhill. Kaputas Beach is sandy/small pebbles ten minute drive/dolmus. The famous Patara Beach (Sunday Times top 6) sixteen kilometers long and sandy is 20 minutes drive/dolmus.
Dalaman Airport is 90 minutes from Kalkan by car transfer or you may prefer to arrive by private yacht, gullet or helicopter to Kalkan marina!
The nearest town is Kas which is around 20/30 minutes away and the nearest large town is Fethiye with it's enormous market, fish market with its 5 lira restaurants and numerous shopping opportunities. The number of historic sites and fascinating villages is too numerous to mention but there is information galore to be found on the Web.
There are over one hundred top class restaurants, many on rooftops with breathtaking views of the Med and Taurus Mountains dotted around the fascinating Old Town with its cobbled streets and trailing bougainvilleas. For those of you who like a little nightlife there are music bars around the marina area where you can enjoy a drink and maybe boogie until the early hours. Our villa manager Mehmet will be available daily to assist with information and bookings for car hire, boat trips, daily excursions and many more attractions around the area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 May 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
A deposit of £200 per week is required at the time of booking which is non returnable, with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to start of holiday. A £200 damage bond deposit at the time of booking is required, repayable if no damage found. The Owners do not accept responsibility or liability for accidents, injury or theft.
Monday with arrival and departure times flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 80 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Outdoor Shower
- Bathroom 1 has large walk-in shower, shower screen, marble top vanity unit with down light and wall hung toilet. Bathroom 2 has large walk-in shower, shower screen,marble top vanity unit with down light and contemporary toilet.Cloakroom cupboard.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has king size bed,bedside tables/drawers, double wardrobe, dressing table with mirror and seat, chest of drawers. Bedroom 2 has twin beds, bedside table/drawers, double wardrobe, dressing table with mirror and seat.
- Kayak / Canoe
- Water Sports Gear
- Notes on accommodation: The pool is 1.8 metres deep without a shallow end and has spacious rounded steps for access or just sitting or standing on. The open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area and both bedrooms are air-conditioned. A welcome pack will await you on your arrival. This is a non smoking villa. Outside: The private pool is 6mx4mx1.8m deep with corner entry steps, mosaic tiles with dolphin mosaic feature floor. The terrace has open areas with Freshwater shower, 2 large parasols, 6 sun loungers, 4 director chairs, 2 granite topped occasional tables and stone built BBQ surrounded on 4 sides by Mediterranean gardens and borders. Immediately outside the door leading to the pool is a covered area with pergola attached ideal for sitting and eating in the shade. The gardens contain banana plants, olive, pomegranate, fig, date, grapefruit, lemon and orange trees, hibiscus, passion flower, bougainvillea, bird of paradise, oleander, leopard lilies, giant yucca, rose, geranium, iris and nemesia plants. Utility Room: The washing machine is situated on the roof terrace stairs landing.Steam iron and ironing board in downstairs cloakroom cupboard. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning with linen and towels changed weekly, extra cleaning and linen/towel changes available on request. Pool, terrace and gardens cleaned daily. Beach/sun bed towels provided. Other: Large (unmovable) safe. Very large roof terrace with 2 large sofa's,stone built barbecue,table & chairs and wash basin with hot and cold water.