Trulli in Ostuni, Brindisi, Puglia, Italy - Surrounded By Fruit Trees in Secluded and Peaceful Location
Beautifully restored 2 bedroom trulli with pool, furnished with designer furniture from B&B Italia, Tom Dixon, George Nelson, Kundalini, Foscarini, Flos, Vitra, Fermob, Porro, Baleri Italia etc. 42’ Plasma with DVD player and Sky TV. Stunning bathrooms with walk in wet room shower and free standing Phillipe Starck bath. Alape basins, Vola etc. This house has been our passion for the past 4 years during restoration. It is now finished and we have decided that we want to share its charm and magic with others. The peace and seclusion are absolutely mesmerising, you can actually walk around naked all day if you wish as no one can see you, but it's a very quick 6km drive into Ostuni to all the local supermarkets, markets, cafes, bars and restaurants. The pool is raised 1.5m above the garden, which has been left natural, as it is full of fruit trees apple, peach, apricot, cherry, pear, fig, grapes and olives. Not suitable for young kids as the pool isn't fenced.
About the Owner
About John Hamilton
We live in London and bought the property in Italy, in 2006 as we absolutely loved the area. We decided to demolish and rebuild most of the property from the ground up. Then we decided to put in the pool, raised beds, designer furniture etc etc, so in fact, we ended up spending a totally ridiculous amount of money on it, but it is truly wonderful now. The flat in Hackney is a recent acquisition, since we moved out of London. Brilliant for weekend breaks.
John Hamilton purchased this villa in 2006
Why John Hamilton chose Brindisi area
The house is peace and tranquility personified it really is the maximum stress buster. Instant chill out.
From the Owner
“The house is peace and tranquility personified it really is the maximum stress buster. Instant chill out.”
Activity and Interests
The beach is 15km drive away and Southern Italy has some of the most amazing and secluded beaches though we never go as it's just so cool by the pool at the house... why bother!
Brindisi airport 20 minutes, Bari airport 60 minutes. Both are served by Ryanair from Stansted. Alitalia and BA fly to both also, but not direct from the UK.
Ostuni 6km, Martina Franca, 14km, Ceglie Messapica 10km, Brindisi,35km. Alberobello (unesco world heritage site) 25km.
Lecce (baroque city) 80km.
Puglia is an amazing area of Southern Italy. Spectacular architecture, great food and bars and markets which are full of the freshest and most incredible produce.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings via email are accepted. 50% initial deposit required, with balance paid 4 weeks in advance of stay. Short notice bookings payable upon booking.
Please contact owner for changeover day details.
Notes on prices:
All prices are per week in UK pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite has walk-in shower room with alapi basins and designer sanitaryware. En-suite 2 has Starck free standing bath, alape basins and designer sanitaryware. Lighting by foscarini in both and both have views over the garden.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is in the Trulli, 1 double bed, beautiful contemporary decor, door to the garden 1.5m thick walls for a good silent nights sleep. Bedroom 2 has double bed and is in the Lamia which has French doors to the garden, air conditioned.
- Notes on accommodation: This property is not really suitable for young children as there are no fences or walls around the pool or raised beds in the garden. Moreover, there are so many fragile and valuable items of furniture that we have had to make the decision, in order to make sure they don't get trashed, that young children are not really suitable for this property unless their parents are fabulously wealthy and own an insurance company. More the sort of place for 2 couples really, or family with older child, or a group of friends. Outside: Fabulous outdoor fire pit and barbecue area which is great to sit round on a night. There is a virtually endless supply of wood from the fruit trees in the garden. The private pool is 10x6m and has designer loungers and a large shade/umbrella. Pool is cleaned twice a week during occupancy. The 15,000m2 garden is absolutely bursting with fruit trees, vines, olives, figs, apples, pears, pomegranates, peaches, almonds, walnuts, cherries, persimmon, quince, mint, etc etc. Obviously, what is there and ripe depends on the time of year. Utility Room: Washing Machine, Iron and board. Microwave and fridge freezer, wine rack and all the tools etc for the outdoor barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and there is a washing machine. Other: Separate utility room with washing machine and fridge freezer.