House near Bergerac, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France - Charming and Peaceful Villa Set in Heart of 120 Acres of Wood, 15 Min from Bergerac
Our Manor at Jean du Claud is an authentic family mansion where we have kept antique furniture and family belongings. The ample entrance hall on the ground floor leads to a spacious lounge, a dining room and a double bedroom with shower. The kitchen is fully equipped, the first floor offers 4 en-suite double bedrooms of which two can communicate. You will enjoy a private tennis court situated near the swimming pool and the summer house.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
We stayed at the Manor House for a family holiday. The house itself was magnificent and the grounds were beautiful. The house was very clean and well maintained. There was everything provided you could possible need. There was a set of chairs and tables for the small children out the front of the house with tricyles for the little ones and 18 bikes to choose from. There was a lovely swimming pool with plenty of sunbeds to use, and lovely grounds and woods to go for long walks. There were all types of games provided table tennis, tennis court, indoor games. We had good customer service and the rooms were all well provided with ample bedding etc. We would recommend this property to friends with the proviso that you need a car. There was a restaurant fairly close by with a very good menu de jour for only 14 euros for 4 courses and a pitcher of wine. The owners were helpful and if we needed anything they were only next door, they booked taxis to and from the airport for us. All in all a very lovely place to visit particularly with a family of a host of friends.
We had a wonderful family holiday.
The house is very impressive from the outside as you drive up, and the inside is just as impressive. Lovely large living area, and great outside area's for sitting and walking, Wild life in abundance. Great place for dogs. Pool and tennis courts kept busy by the kids. We had a lovely family holiday. Highly recommend a visit.
Activity and Interests
Atlantic beaches 2 hours drive.
Bergerac airport 30 min, Bordeaux airport 1h 15 min, Limoges airport 2h 10 min, Toulouse airport 2h 30 min, Calais 835km, Roscoff 720km, Paris 550km. Access to A89 motorway from Jean du Claud 10 min.
Bergerac city center 15 min, Périgueux 45 min, St Emilion 45 min, Bordeaux 1h 15 min, Sarlat 2h.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit on booking.
Changeover days on Saturday. Arrival 4pm, departure 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 with shower room and toilets. Bedroom 2 with bathroom and toilets. Bedroom 3 with shower room and toilets. Bedroom 4 with shower room and toilets. Bedroom 5 with bathroom sink and shower in corridor (bed 5 can communicates with bed 4).
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12/13 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed (+ 1 portable single bed). Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with double bed. Bedroom 5 with double bed and 2 single beds.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Private tennis and swimming pool, summer house, wooden sun loungers, tennis racquets, table tennis, badminton, barbecue, 18 bikes , garden furniture, parasols. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron/iron board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and bath towels included (pool towels not provided). Cleaning offered on departure. Other: Children games for all ages available (board games...).