Villa in Kisla, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Quiet And Secluded Area Of Kalkan With Spectacular Bay Views
Bright, airy and stylishly furnished to a high standard with top quality kitchen and bathrooms, Moondarra offers luxury 2 bedroom en-suite accommodation. Outside there is a well equipped pool terrace with stunning infinity pool, a shaded rear garden with BBQ area and large roof terrace with awnings and seating. The property boasts spectacular, uninterrupted views across the bay from every floor as well as from the pool terrace. The villa is fully air-conditioned and we offer our guests the benefit of free WiFi. Moondarra is situated a mere 100 metres from the beach club where access can be gained to the sea and a boat service to the town centre operates. To add a touch of luxury to your self-catering holiday, the villa is cleaned weekly, with fresh towels and linen supplied. Villa Moondarra is the ideal base for a truly magical holiday, providing discerning guests with an exclusive, luxury holiday experience.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The property was rented as a villa for the first time in 2014. Previously the apartment only has been available. The following reviews have been left by apartment guests;
"Kalkan was wonderful, the lovely apartment and stunning views were icing on the cake. The apartment was spotlessly clean and had everything you needed and more." Claire from Jersey.
"What can we say? Superb! Fiona and Paul are the most superb hosts and have created a little corner of paradise where guests can relax and enjoy the best of everything. The accommodation has been constructed to the highest of standards with attention to detail being central to the whole experience. The villa has fantastic views over the bay and the pool allows hours of relaxation and enjoyment." David from Sheffield..
"Splendid combination of terrace, pool and view tend to sap the will and undermine all energetic proposals. One ends up doing, well, not very much really. Perfect!" Viv and Peter September 2012
5 based on 9 holidaymaker reviews
Second time in kalkan love the place , first time in the villa moondarra ,Fiona was so helpful from beginning to the end of are holiday, the welcome pack was a great help on arrival, roger was a great help, would definitely recommend, hopefully we will be back, Jeff & Kate
Beautiful, luxurious & comfortable Villa
Villa Moondarra is beautiful and exceeded our expectations. Spacious, bright, fantastic views, comfortable and very homely feel. Very comfortable mattresses in twin bedroom, kitchen very well equipped. Plenty of wardrobe space and plentiful hangers provided. The poolside well maintained every day. We really appreciated the thoughtful welcome pack especially when arriving at 1am! Great communication from the owner from initial enquiry to booking and on return back home. Kisla is a quiet area but beautiful and easy to reach the nearby town of Kalkan by water taxi or taxi. We didn't need to hire a car as easy to get around as and when required. Great beach parks within 5 minutes walking distance of villa. The outside space of the villa was beautiful, plenty of comfortable sun loungers and chairs and a lovely terrace to take breakfast or a drink later in the evening. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend Villa Moondarra.
What can I say - Amazing villa - fab holiday
What can I say - I feel it was the best holiday I have ever had. The villa, its setting, the town of Kalkan, the climate - it was all brilliant - thank you for letting us share your wonderful home for a few days. Everything went smoothly with the transfers, so thank you again for arranging this for us - there was someone from Brave Tours waiting for us at the airport and got us safely to the villa & back again.
I ran out of time to fill out the visitors book, as I couldn't tear myself away from the pool and my book - but I cannot sing the praises of the villa enough, we had a fantastic stay, and can't wait to come out to Kalkan again next year. We made use of the water taxi from Kalkan Beach Club into the harbour at Kalkan. Had lovely meals every evening - our personal favourite places were The Lime Restaurant, The Nar Restaurant and the Fountain Rooftop Bar - although I don't think you would get a bad meal - all of the restaurants serve stunning food.
The Climate at the end of September is ideal, and we are hoping to return next year - I cannot recommend this property highly enough. Thank you Fiona for ensuring our stay was relaxing and went without a hitch.
Lovely villa in kisla
We had a great stay in this very smart villa in the quiet part of Kalkan - Fiona provided excellent service and the Villa was particularly well fitted out with everything you needed for self catering - not that we spent much time in the kitchen!!
I can fully recommend a stay here you will not be disapointed
Villa Moondarra is a truly beautiful place to stay. Spacious and well equipped with plenty of seating options to enjoy the views. We particularly enjoyed sitting around the pool until late and struggled to pull ourselves away from the super comfortable loungers! The pool servicing was excellent. The views are stunning, Kisla is a great location to stay it's so quiet and really pretty with easy access to the town. Would definitely recommend Villa Mahal for dinner it was wonderful and a short stroll. Many thanks to Fiona for her help prior to our trip, she was always on hand for any queries and very helpful. Looking forward to returning.
Simply stunning , all you could ask for
From our first inquiry to our very reluctant departure , Fiona and Villa Moondarra surpassed all expectations. Emails answered within minutes , villa spotlessly clean , fantastically positioned and everything about it spelt quality. Attention to detail superb , even down to welcome pack that awaited us after the pre-arranged transfer from Dalaman with "Bravetours". We elected to have the Villa serviced on a daily basis and cleaning staff so obliging and friendly . Nothing more to say other than Villa Moondarra was the basis of the perfect holiday in Kalkan or anywhere else. Thank you Fiona.
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beach clubs around Kalkan bay, most offering light snacks and refreshments in addition to the usual sunlounger hire. The closest is a mere 100m from the villa. Kalkan itself has a modest pebbled beach next to the harbour. The stunning turquoise cove at Kaputas is 10 minutes drive away and the fabulous 18km sandy beach at Patara is 20 minutes drive, bus services operate to both of these.
The closest airport is Dalaman which is approximately 90 minutes drive from the villa. Several local companies offer a transfer service which we can book on your behalf. Although car hire is not essential, there is no doubt that hiring a vehicle for a day or two will allow you to make the most of this fascinating area by exploring further afield. Again, we can arrange car hire through a local firm on your behalf.
Kalkan town centre with its extensive range of restaurants, bars and shops is approx 2km from the villa. This equates to a 30 min walk, or 10 mins on the dolmus (minibus) or water taxi service, both of which run from the beach club . There are also ample taxis available if required. Kisla itself has a small general store and cafe in addition to the beach club serving basic meals. For a more substantial dining experience, two excellent restaurants are 5 minutes walk from the property.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Deposit payments are non-refundable.
Price does not include flights or transfers.
Security deposit is due with the balance payment and will be refunded within 7 days of departure subject to confirmation from our management company that the villa has been left in good order with no significant damages/breakages to the villa or contents.
Cancellations after the balance payment will be subject to charges as follows;
8 - 4 weeks before arrival - 50% of balance. Less than 4 weeks before arrival - no refund.
Changeover day is flexible. Earliest check-in time 4pm and latest departure time 10am, although a later check-out may be possible (subject to subsequent bookings).
25% deposit required to secure a booking. Balance required 8 weeks prior to arrival.For late bookings (within 8 weeks of arrival) 100% payable at time of booking
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En-suite 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The contemporary bathrooms have large walk-in showers , wc and basin with storage cupboard underneath. The master bathroom has the added benefit of a bath and raindrop shower head.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a king sized bed. The second bedroom can be configured as a twin or super-kingsize. Both bedrooms are en-suite, have ample wardrobe space and a dressing table with mirror. Stunning sea views from each bedroom
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The rental cost includes full air-conditioning, wireless internet access and a weekly service which consists of cleaning and linen change. We also provide you with a Welcome Pack of groceries to get you under way and an English local representative. Outside: One flight of steps up from the garage takes you to a spacious terrace which houses the 7x3m infinity pool and is equipped with sun-loungers, easy-chairs, parasol and portable barbecue. Planting in beds and pots enhances the relaxing ambiance. There is also an outside shower. A further flight of steps takes you to the entrance of the villa and to the rear of the property, a lush, private garden. This provides a cool, shady oasis with a pergola covered dining area and barbecue which can also be accessed directly from the kitchen. The villa faces west, ensuring some of the best sunset views in Kalkan has to offer. In addition, the roof terrace can be used as a seating area and is equipped with two easy chairs. It also has awnings, which provide a shady spot from where you can enjoy the most breathtaking views or catch the breeze during a hot summer afternoon. It's the perfect place for watching the sun go down and the lights come on in Kalkan. Utility Room: The utility room is situated on the third floor and houses the washing machine, iron and ironing board. There is access onto the roof terrace with drying racks. The utility room also has a sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: High quality linen and towels are supplied. These are changed weekly in addition to a cleaning service. Pool towels are also provided and are changed weekly. Other: Ground floor wc