Farmhouse near Sauze-Vaussais, Poitou-Charentes, France - Spacious Charentais House In A Hamlet Amongst Unspoilt Countryside
This beautifully renovated Charentais House, which is typical of the area, is in a beautiful quiet setting on the edge of a hamlet and surrounded by unspoilt countryside. It has been sensitively restored and contains all the modern comforts one would find in their own home.
About the Owner
The house is owned by myself, my partner and his sister.
From the Owner
“We loved the area after a holiday in the late 90's. Our friends now live 50 miles to the east and after visiting the area several times we thought it would be good to own a property there. This was a joint venture between us and my partners sister and we bought the property as an investment and income in our retirement! We looked at several houses in the week, this house had such a friendly feel and met the criteria that we had set beforehand. We had been disappointed with the quality of some of our rentals and so we were determined to make this house one that we would love to stay. It took 7+ years to renovate, the work was project managed by my partner with family providing the hard labour. We are very proud of the results and we hope that you will be too.”
Activity and Interests
The house can be accessed by road/ferry with motorways and dual carriageways only a few miles from the property; the following airports and train stations are also easily accessible with car-hire available. Poitiers – 40 miles, Angoulême -40 miles, La Rochelle – 60 miles, Limoges – 70 miles, Tours – 100 miles, Bordeaux – 105 miles. The house is serviced by the following train stations - Eurostar and TGV, Poitiers – 40 miles, Angoulême - 40 miles. The use of a car is essential.
The coast is a 90 minutes drive with good beaches and interesting off-shore islands to discover. Restaurants and markets can be found in small and large towns throughout the region including the monthly market in Rouillac which is the largest street market in France.
The nearest villages of Lorigne and Montjean provide boulangeries. The nearest towns, Sauze-Vaussais 5 miles/8km and Ruffec 8 miles/12km, both have supermarkets and most other facilities.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require the completion of a booking form together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit; 50% of the total rent due or the minimum of £350 (whichever is higher). The balance together with a security deposit is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period.
The changeover day is Saturday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is the perfect property for getting away from the hustle and bustle; situated in a small hamlet which is very peaceful and quiet.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower and wc. En-suite to bedroom 2 with shower and wc Ground floor bathroom with bath and wc. Ground floor shower room with shower and wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with double and en-suite. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 with two sets of bunk beds. Bedroom 5 with double plus adjacent shower room.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is spacious and comfortable with a homely atmosphere. The ground floor area has been tiled with natural slate and has ceiling fans throughout to keep the house cool during the Summer months. However, in the Winter it is a cosy retreat with the benefit of oil-fired central heating and three log burning stoves. The first floor has the benefit of natural chestnut flooring and ceiling fans throughout. Outside: The entrance to the house has it's own gates and drive. The large secluded garden has a 10 x 5 metre swimming pool securely fenced and gated. The pool is furnished with sun-lounges. In the garden area to the front of the house you will find wooden table and chairs and a barbecue for that all important alfresco dining. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble drier, microwave, fridge/freezer, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen is included. We ask guests to leave the property in the same cleanliness that it is found.